PDA

View Full Version : looking for new places to ride in ky and tn

400excaleb
01-07-2007, 11:36 AM
i nlive in franklin ky and i ride at lbl all the time and i qould like to no where some better places to ride at. i dont really want to drive to far away.

jonboy
01-10-2007, 05:51 AM
Man you are in south western Ky. You'll Have to travel a bit like I do to get to the good spots. You've got Ballance's MotoX in Bowling Green, Paddy's Bluff in Dycusburg, Triple E at the Falls of Rough, Brownsville, Peabody grounds in Cromwell. You are right about Turkey bay, it does get old after a few rides. Plus the Jeeps and trucks have the place so rutted out that trails that were once good trails are now full of rutted out mud holes. Plus it seems to get smaller and smaller every time I ride there. You are close to Tennesee, there should be some good spots somewhere close to you.

Bill Fuller
01-10-2007, 07:36 AM
Has anyone heard of the new riding area that has opened close to Liechfield(sp)Ky? I heard it is about 2000 acres and cost is $15 a day. I have never been,just curious.

smr
01-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Got some buddies that go there often. THey say it's great. Also OMA and dist 10 will be having a harescramble there in a couple of months.

Bill Fuller
01-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Give me some info SMR.Aubry and Mark are ready to go but we need some info. We want to go up with about 5-6 people you should go with us.

400excaleb
01-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by jonboy
Man you are in south western Ky. You'll Have to travel a bit like I do to get to the good spots. You've got Ballance's MotoX in Bowling Green, Paddy's Bluff in Dycusburg, Triple E at the Falls of Rough, Brownsville, Peabody grounds in Cromwell. You are right about Turkey bay, it does get old after a few rides. Plus the Jeeps and trucks have the place so rutted out that trails that were once good trails are now full of rutted out mud holes. Plus it seems to get smaller and smaller every time I ride there. You are close to Tennesee, there should be some good spots somewhere close to you.

what kind of ridin is in brownsville and where is it at, and triple e, and peabody grounds. never heard of it.

smr
01-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Give me some info SMR.Aubry and Mark are ready to go but we need some info. We want to go up with about 5-6 people you should go with us.

I'll see if I can get some guys together. There is actually 2 places up there to ride.

http://royalatvtrails.com/index.html

http://www.kentuckybackwoodsoutfitters.com/

Kentuckkybackwoodsoutfitters is where my buddies have been going and that's where they are gonna hold the race. I will see if I can get them together and we go up in the next couple of weeks.

duke416ex
01-10-2007, 01:57 PM
I live right by Brownsville, and Peabody. I do no tknow of any public place in Brownsville, a lot of people have land they ride on, but nothing open to anyone that I know of. Also, there is riding property in Ohio County, but you have to be a member, if interested I can try to get you some info. It is not a bad place, but a lot of the trails are tight. Last I knew if you got caught on Peabody you lost your quad, that's the reason most places are closed now. Maybe there are some places close to me that I don't know about, if so someone please post the info.

400excaleb
01-10-2007, 04:48 PM
how do u get a membership to ride at ohio county, my grandfather talks about that place alot, he use to ride there years ago on dirtbikes at the strip mines. i would like to get a membership there and ride if u could get me some info about it.

smr
01-11-2007, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller

Found this ride review on another forum

http://www.midwesttrailriders.com/atv/forum/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3087&PN=1

duke416ex
01-11-2007, 02:21 PM
I will try to get some info on who to call next time I see the people who operate it. The Westerfield's that run the transmission shop in Ohio Co were the ones who operated it. If you can find the number to the transmission shop they might can tell you some info.

jonboy
01-11-2007, 08:18 PM
You were able to get a yearly pass for Peabody and be able to get on any of there property that wasnt getting reclaimed. Right now the Lynnville and Hopkins county grounds are closed for reclaim.

Hey SMR when is the race at Triple E (or Backwoods) I want in on it. If you can PM me with the details.:cool:

smr
01-12-2007, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by jonboy
Hey SMR when is the race at Triple E (or Backwoods) I want in on it. If you can PM me with the details.:cool:

Here is a link to the web page.

Don't tell illbill everytime he show up I finish 2nd.......:D

http://www.unitedoffroadracing.com/2007omaschedule.php

jonboy
01-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Sweet! Thanks man, and your secret is with me. LOL:D

Pojo450r
01-17-2007, 03:02 PM
hey i heard there was a place up by Greenville Ky that was old strip mines we always go to turkey bay also be nice to some where else with big hills to

key
01-18-2007, 04:35 PM
I like to rideat Bruceton, TN in Benten County at the sand pits. Some call it sand land.

400excaleb
01-18-2007, 07:44 PM
tell me more about the sand pits it sounds like fun

key
01-22-2007, 09:31 AM
There is about 4 sand pits in the area. There are some trails. Some good hills to climb. One could have it rode in 2 or 3 hrs, but its fun to get in the pits and drag and show off and everything. Its legal to ride.