PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new places in NJ

N300exJ
01-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Our local spot has had alot of police activity lately. My bro and i are lookin for some new places to ride where you dont get hassled or they just tell you to leave rarely. I know its not that easy but its getting really bad here. Plus its not that big of a place and gettin kinda boring. So if anyone would be nice enough to PM me with some info it would be greatly appreciated. some where south jersey especially if its in the middle of no where. LOL

Even better would be places with some natural track setups. Or some where with jumps, etc. thanks

JDMThoughts
01-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Where are you located? I live in Barnegat and I am working on rebuilding our local pit. Just about finished the first jump and cleaned up some of the garbage and stuff. I would expect that within the next few weeks the place should be very fun to ride. It's very whooped out right now and needs to be addressed.

JW450R1
01-21-2007, 06:06 AM
is this local pit legal to ride at or not....

JDMThoughts
01-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Nobody breaks my balls, I have been riding there all month. I am pretty much all alone out there. I haven't been hassled about it. I ran into one guy and his son two weeks back as they just brought their quads out to temporarily run them as they don't ride in the winter. I pretty much leave from my house and cut across the street and go into some woods behind the school, and I go all the way around the school and pop out on a little street and go up the street about 100 ft before I am in the woods. Very easy to navigate and no problems to get back there. There used to be a big clearing to get back there with trucks but not anymore. I only know of this way to get in without all the town seeing you. If you ever happen to pass by the Bay Avenue light where there is a Rite Aid and now a Walgreens going up. If you look way back behind you will see the pit I am talking about. I am not gonna lie, the pit needs work, that's why I am going on there on a normal basis to work on layout and building jumps and track style sections. I have mentioned it before on the boards and no one seems to care which is cool because I will have my own little practice track to ride without having to worry about much. It does suck however to ride alone, but if you want private riding area with no one to **** your setup up, you usually have to do it alone. There is a few more spots in my area that co-workers have told me about that I hope to make it to as well.

N300exJ
01-21-2007, 07:56 PM
If you need help building i am always down for that. my bro rides dirt bikes but hes good at settin up some nice layouts. If you dont get hassled there that would be awesome. Im just wondering what it will be like if theres quite a few people there and it gets noisy. How big of a place is this? If i got off the parkway in barnegat which way would i go? PM me with some more info. Id like to check this place out.

JW450R1
01-22-2007, 05:54 AM
do u know the land owner?.

flyboy62
01-22-2007, 03:17 PM
where is the pit located at, i need a new place to ride at!!!??

JDMThoughts
01-22-2007, 03:53 PM
No I don't know the land owner. I don't know if there is a way for vehicles to get in easily. I could always clear a path around the one barrier I suppose. I usually ride in from my house like I mentioned before jump across a street and go behind a house and I am in the woods. You could always hit up my house which is very easy to locate. It's kinda tough when your one guy building a jump here or removing ruts here. There is a lot of whooped out sections that's for sure. I don't know how big the place is... I would say several acres. I have a 4 stroke and if your at the one area of the pit, you can't hear me at the other end. Housing is about 60 yards from the area. The pit is rough, I am not gonna advertise it as a serious spot. But with some TLC it will become a nice play to go ride when you don't wanna travel a long ways. I have been riding there 6 weeks with no problems, as a matter of fact I just got in from there now at 5:30. There is also a lot of other pits in close proximity in the neighboring Cedar Run and Tuckerton area. Hopefully this answers all questions. I know back in the day it used to be a big spot with easily 30 people coming out but they had their balls broken because of their loud two strokes. Not to hate on them, but they can up the volume very easily.