PDA

View Full Version : pops when i back off

matthoyda
01-07-2007, 08:47 AM
When i back off of my z400 it pops really bad..I know this means its lean but i dont know what to adjust...I upped the main and moved the clip down on the needle, does this mean i need a biggger pilot?

Kev
01-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by matthoyda
When i back off of my z400 it pops really bad..I know this means its lean but i dont know what to adjust...I upped the main and moved the clip down on the needle, does this mean i need a biggger pilot?

Sounds lean at top end. What jet are you at right now, and what mods have you done? Lid on the airbox?

Colder weather will require richer/bigger jet too.

If your not running a airbox lid, stick it back on and see if the popping goes away.

Your on the right track, just have to figure out where you need to be...

underpowered
01-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Kev
Sounds lean at top end. What jet are you at right now, and what mods have you done? Lid on the airbox?

Colder weather will require richer/bigger jet too.

If your not running a airbox lid, stick it back on and see if the popping goes away.

Your on the right track, just have to figure out where you need to be...

actually it is lean on the pilot jet. when you let off the trottle it closes the slid, spotting up the main jet reverting back to to the pilot jet. go up a size or so on the pilot or just try adjusting the air screw.

jsmith2232
01-07-2007, 04:39 PM
I second underpowered. it sounds like yer lean on the pilot circut. try opening up the fuel screw a bit if that doesn't work then you need to up the pilot jet.