PDA

View Full Version : A Beautiful Saturday in NJ ruined by Chatsworth Staff

YFZRB
01-07-2007, 05:49 AM
So we decided to ride chats (NJORVP) yesterday, weather was 65, breezy, sunny. The conditions were sloppy as it had rained a lot the night before.

OK here is the story-

The tracks were all closed all day leaving only the trails open. The trails close at 3:30 the park closes at 4:30.

At about 3:50 we started loading our quads and gear. There were five of us. Myself-38, my best friend 40, his 3 kids all under 14. That's five quads, five sets of gear, plus all the miscellaneous.

At 4:05 the staff comes to our parking spot and tells us we have to leave and now! It was obvious we had already begun packing up so I asked him what the big rush was. He said the park closes at 3:30 and we needed to leave now. At no point were we told that the park closes at 3:30. Only the trails close at 3:30. Were we supposed to ride off the trail onto the trailer and bolt with our gear on? Anyway, another PP (parking lot police) person comes along and asks my friend for his membership cards. They have family season passes for the last 2 seasons. It seems as though the PP's wanted to mark or note that we were violating the rules in some way and called the sign in office to give them the info.

We were then asked (4:15) to load all our remaining riding gear on the truck and finish packing and changing in the driveway outside the park gates. Which we did after some bickering about the time the park closes, and that my friend holds seaon passes, and that we were obviously mostly done anyway. Had they not interupted and harrassed us to leave, we would have left with smiles on our faces and been gone right at 4:30 when the park closes.
(4:22) On the way out, the heavy set blond girl who works in the sign in booth is burning us the look on the way past. I looked on the sign board as we drove by and posted right there is the park hours that state "closes at 4:30". So we stop outside the gate to re-sort all the gear and finish packing. When the staff comes down behind us to lock up we said that we were very disappointed in how we were treated and that we had no idea that the park closed at 3:30 etc etc and we were told ( by the blond) that we were being rude by not being out of the park at 3:30 and tough sh*t about packing up in the driveway. She also said it shouldn't take us more than 15 minutes to pack and leave. 5 Riders 5 quads 5 sets of gear 15 minutes? Come on! WTF.
So in conclusion, I will NEVER go there again. I couldn't believe the lack of kindness, professionalism and downright rudeness of the staff. I completely understand that there aren't many places to ride left and that they have us by the ba*ls in some respect, but that doesn't justify treating paying customers like dirt, especially someone who holds a season pass for numerous years. Even if we were unaware of the closing time, we should not have been made to dress ourselves and our children in the driveway. I plan on making every effort to bring this to everyone's attention. I think the park should definitely stay open, but I am calling for an immediate change in staff or management, because the people they have suck, and it is ruining a basically good facility.
I know there will be some flames on this, but the way we were treated was unnecessary and unjustified and I want people to know that this is what they may encounter at Chattsworth the NJORVP.

fastyz85
01-07-2007, 06:32 AM
i've never been to chatsworth but my one friend livces by them.i'll put that into consideration cause i was going to go sometime this year.

Pappy
01-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Fire off an email Rich, go above them. Alot of times the supervisors have no idea about this stuff.:ermm:

YFZRB
01-07-2007, 05:44 PM
I did contact the park director first thing this morning. Hopefully someone will get back to me telling me they put foot to as$ in the name of commom courteousy.