PDA

View Full Version : A Beautiful Saturday ruined by Chatsworth Staff

YFZRB
01-07-2007, 05:47 AM
So we decided to ride chats (NJORVP) yesterday, weather was 65, breezy, sunny. The conditions were sloppy as it had rained a lot the night before.

OK here is the story-

The tracks were all closed all day leaving only the trails open. The trails close at 3:30 the park closes at 4:30.

At about 3:50 we started loading our quads and gear. There were five of us. Myself-38, my best friend 40, his 3 kids all under 14. That's five quads, five sets of gear, plus all the miscellaneous.

At 4:05 the staff comes to our parking spot and tells us we have to leave and now! It was obvious we had already begun packing up so I asked him what the big rush was. He said the park closes at 3:30 and we needed to leave now. At no point were we told that the park closes at 3:30. Only the trails close at 3:30. Were we supposed to ride off the trail onto the trailer and bolt with our gear on? Anyway, another PP (parking lot police) person comes along and asks my friend for his membership cards. They have family season passes for the last 2 seasons. It seems as though the PP's wanted to mark or note that we were violating the rules in some way and called the sign in office to give them the info.

We were then asked (4:15) to load all our remaining riding gear on the truck and finish packing and changing in the driveway outside the park gates. Which we did after some bickering about the time the park closes, and that my friend holds seaon passes, and that we were obviously mostly done anyway. Had they not interupted and harrassed us to leave, we would have left with smiles on our faces and been gone right at 4:30 when the park closes.
(4:22) On the way out, the heavy set blond girl who works in the sign in booth is burning us the look on the way past. I looked on the sign board as we drove by and posted right there is the park hours that state "closes at 4:30". So we stop outside the gate to re-sort all the gear and finish packing. When the staff comes down behind us to lock up we said that we were very disappointed in how we were treated and that we had no idea that the park closed at 3:30 etc etc and we were told ( by the blond) that we were being rude by not being out of the park at 3:30 and tough sh*t about packing up in the driveway. She also said it shouldn't take us more than 15 minutes to pack and leave. 5 Riders 5 quads 5 sets of gear 15 minutes? Come on! WTF.
So in conclusion, I will NEVER go there again. I couldn't believe the lack of kindness, professionalism and downright rudeness of the staff. I completely understand that there aren't many places to ride left and that they have us by the ba*ls in some respect, but that doesn't justify treating paying customers like dirt, especially someone who holds a season pass for numerous years. Even if we were unaware of the closing time, we should not have been made to dress ourselves and our children in the driveway. I plan on making every effort to bring this to everyone's attention. I think the park should definitely stay open, but I am calling for an immediate change in staff or management, because the people they have suck, and it is ruining a basically good facility.
I know there will be some flames on this, but the way we were treated was unnecessary and unjustified and I want people to know that this is what they may encounter at Chattsworth the NJORVP.

N300exJ
01-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Yeah well chatsworth is over priced, crowded, and finished after 2008. They have already bought a new peice of land for the next park but there is an endangerd plant growing on the new site. So guess what the new site they bought they cant use!!!!!! So basiclly after 2008 there will never be a NJORVP ever again.

But look at it this way our riding spot out here was raided by the local law enforcement and they impounded alot of bikes and quads. Im sure theyll be out today as well. So that means no riding for me this weekend. If you like to ride NJ is not the state to do it in. Plain and simple.

JW450R1
01-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Chats.we all stop going there 5 years ago,when they threw us off the track,bceause if forgot my riding boots and wore my work boots.In myyear paper work i showed the chats police dorks,that the my paper work said only boots above the ankle.humm.Any-way the place really isn't that good.Theres only 2 some little jumps that go-carts can ride over.I would rather not ride then ride chats...

fastyz85
01-07-2007, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by N300exJ
If you like to ride NJ is not the state to do it in. Plain and simple.

amen to that brother NJ sucks arse.im moving to somewhere a little more south or west PA when i grow up.

mx1791
01-07-2007, 07:36 AM
the ppl that work there where really nice when i went, and luckily they sold oil, couse i was out. but the track was HORRIBLE, it was so badly rutted up and the lips where destroyed, not one person could jump anything, and the berms where really crappy, even when groomed it seems like it should be only $25 to ride there. its just too small and over priced, but i still had fun, and it seems like it would be a good practice track when groomed

yellowzo3
01-07-2007, 08:05 AM
i heard etown is open again!!!! cheaper and better!! i too only had chatts to ride at..and its a 2+ hour drive one way for me...so i just havent rode...its definatly not worth $50 a day to ride there...plus all the traveling and stuff like that.

mx1791
01-07-2007, 08:13 AM
i hope etown opens again, its only like 15 minutes from my house

Mean250r
01-07-2007, 08:43 AM
i heard they got insurance as well for e town. ill be there alot. Chatts sucks plain and simple. there to lazy to groom the track so they make excuses. Such *** there tractor is broke. one time they told me they couldnt gromo cause the ground was frozen! its like 50-60 dgrees out

yellowzo3
01-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Mean250r
i heard they got insurance as well for e town. ill be there alot. Chatts sucks plain and simple. there to lazy to groom the track so they make excuses. Such *** there tractor is broke. one time they told me they couldnt gromo cause the ground was frozen! its like 50-60 dgrees out

LOL!

Jersey450R
01-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Chatts personal has been like this for years now...a bunch of lazy azs people who give you an attitude. tracks suck too. i hate it. but the thing is, i'll probably go again one day and get the same treatment i've alwyas gotten.

WhiteYFZ
01-07-2007, 08:56 AM
listen, i know what your talking about.. all the ppl there are a*ses ... and that place just SUCKS. i will also never ride there again.... the track is NEVER GROOMED.. one thime, there were actually lips on the jumps, but no landings.. so basically u would just land flat:chinese:

01-07-2007, 10:56 AM
chats sucks...

JW450R1
01-07-2007, 11:04 AM
u got that right

trick250r
01-07-2007, 05:15 PM
thats when i would have said the truck wouldnt start and everytihng like that... make sure the kids go to the bathroom. then i wouldve stopped at the sign in booth and taken my $50 bucks back. you still had 8 minutes to get outta there.

mx428
01-07-2007, 05:20 PM
They revoked my membership "privileges" after i cut across a small section of track to get back to the pits after i munched super hard on the MX track. I was 1 of 3 people on the track at the time and nether of them were anywhere near me where i cut across. There i was with a broken off visor, bent bars and a crushed exhaust putting back to the pits and one of the track cops yelled at me for being such a hazzard to other riders. **** that place.

WhiteYFZ
01-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by mx428
They revoked my membership "privileges" after i cut across a small section of track to get back to the pits after i munched super hard on the MX track. I was 1 of 3 people on the track at the time and nether of them were anywhere near me where i cut across. There i was with a broken off visor, bent bars and a crushed exhaust putting back to the pits and one of the track cops yelled at me for being such a hazzard to other riders. **** that place.

happened to me cuz my helmet strap wasnt clipped.. and i love how u have to wear FULL gear when ur in the pits... wtf?!!!!!

ny300exrider
01-07-2007, 05:31 PM
extremly glad i read this thread..

i was thinking about going there from eastern long island,ny!

not anymore!

YFZRB
01-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for all the support and feedback everyone.

I contacted the director of the park and haven't heard anyhting as of yet.

mine
01-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by YFZRB
Thanks for all the support and feedback everyone.

I contacted the director of the park and haven't heard anyhting as of yet.

I hear ya rich, ill always practice there, (I ride a bike) but thats only because my dad is tight and knows everybody there, he works as security there sometimes so we get free passes and we dont get **** from anybody. The people are real douches there especially the two women in the office. brian's cool and so is ron/bob and donald the rest are all just plain out douches.

genxracer
01-07-2007, 06:04 PM
chatts was way better back in the late 80/ early 90s before it was a pay and ride place. And you could trail ride all over the place too, there were no limits to how far you could go. Maybe when it closes in 08 it will go back to how it was.:rolleyes:

YFZRB
01-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by mine
I hear ya rich, ill always practice there, (I ride a bike) but thats only because my dad is tight and knows everybody there, he works as security there sometimes so we get free passes and we dont get **** from anybody. The people are real douches there especially the two women in the office. brian's cool and so is ron/bob and donald the rest are all just plain out douches.

I didn't know that you went there. Oh well, I'll see you at BPG.

LTZ400rider
01-07-2007, 06:07 PM
where r they moving? i heard somewhere in pa i think

YFZRB
01-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
extremly glad i read this thread..

i was thinking about going there from eastern long island,ny!

not anymore!

Definitely not worth the trip.

Mean250r
01-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
where r they moving? i heard somewhere in pa i think

if they did move, it would be in NJ because its the only leagal place to ride in NJ besides other MX tracks

450rcrazy022692
01-08-2007, 01:51 PM
I agree it was pretty crappy and they told me the tractor broke when i went. My brother and his friends went with me and my 3 friends passes and didnt have to pay, then that jacked lady came to them at closing time and said your not 14 or younger you are 6'2 with a beard hes like i know im 18 but thanks for the free day of riding she took my passes and I still havent got them back.

I think im gunna try E-town i only went on the back with a friend to get a look at the track before the race he had, i went to watch

deathman53
01-08-2007, 06:13 PM
E-town did re-open? I live 5 minutes from there. I love that place.

yellowzo3
01-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
E-town did re-open? I live 5 minutes from there. I love that place.

another member on the site started a thread about it reopening this year...i really hope it did...not as many people replied to it as i thought would but im sure many will ride there if it is indeed open. everyone was pretty bummed when it closed.

deathman53
01-08-2007, 06:24 PM
it didn't re-open that I have seen, it was open for two days before the quad races, but you needed a ama membership to ride that day. Me and my friends would have been riding there, if it was open.

yellowzo3
01-08-2007, 08:46 PM
no the thread said its opening for this season. it was closed almost all last year so thats why everyones excited about the news. we'll have to wait and see though...the thread should be on the second page or so... it was only posted a couple days ago.

WhiteYFZ
01-09-2007, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by 450rcrazy022692
I agree it was pretty crappy and they told me the tractor broke when i went. My brother and his friends went with me and my 3 friends passes and didnt have to pay, then that jacked lady came to them at closing time and said your not 14 or younger you are 6'2 with a beard hes like i know im 18 but thanks for the free day of riding she took my passes and I still havent got them back.

I think im gunna try E-town i only went on the back with a friend to get a look at the track before the race he had, i went to watch

lmao man thats great.. did hear taht t eown re-opened.

YFZRB
01-10-2007, 04:14 AM
I finally got a response from the park director.

He said he would talk to the staff and get their side of the story.

Still waiting for more info.:confused:

JForestZ34
01-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Screw that place. I went there a couple of times. Decent place to ride but from where I live it's about 1 1/2 for me to get there. I would like a place alittle closer to home. If E-town re-opens that would be sweet, that is only 30 mins from my house. And I have never been there so I would like to try it. I went out to a place in Pa Tower City and that place is huge but a long ride to get to. I haven't been there in while so don't know how it is now.

James

STEVENJANNA
01-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by deathman53
it didn't re-open that I have seen, it was open for two days before the quad races, but you needed a ama membership to ride that day. Me and my friends would have been riding there, if it was open.
I posted the thread about Etown. I spoke with PJ the other day and he told me that they had acquired private insurance again and they would be open this season (like they used to be) probably March 1. He also told me that they are in the process of putting together there 07 schedule. There schedule isn't posted yet but if you put the schedules from the different organizations together there are at least 4 quad races there this year. 2 d6 races in the spring, WPSA in August and the fall classic. PJ was pretty excited about the up comiing year so if all goes well that can only mean good things for us.