PDA

View Full Version : looking for sounds system parts

tyler3400
01-06-2007, 06:45 PM
hey im looking to get a subwoofer enclosure. rihgt now im jsut mianly looking for the box for a 12" sub. the one thign it needs is to be ported/vented i also may consider a dual 12 box.id rather it be a little on bigger side but oesnt really mater. let me knwo what you got thanks.

honda300EXtreme
01-06-2007, 07:00 PM
hey i got an american legacy2 subwoofer box, it has 2 10'' subs, its rated at 1000 watts, its new never used, i can post pics if interested, let me know

tyler3400
01-06-2007, 07:03 PM
i wasnt really looking for anyhtign wiht 10''s but if it looks liek its decent mi may reconsider so if you coudl post the pics itd be great.

honda300EXtreme
01-06-2007, 07:19 PM
its really nice and the pic doesnt show but it has a mirrored bottom so it looks like there 4 speakers, its awsome

tyler3400
01-06-2007, 07:53 PM
got any more info on it ?, hows it sound and what price are you looking for

cash450r
01-06-2007, 09:16 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c250/cash450r/DSC02571.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c250/cash450r/iva-d310.jpg

have this for sale too!!!!!is top of the line alpine 310 dash dvd with touchscreen let me know!!!!!!!!

honda300EXtreme
01-07-2007, 08:36 AM
hey the box is new, ive never hooked it up should sound really good, there high quality speakers, i dont know how much i want make me an offer and we will work from there

thanks

tyler3400
01-07-2007, 09:33 AM
i rlly dont know how much to offer but im either going to havet o wait 2 weeks till i get my paycheck or wait till i sell my bmx bike or my dell dj are you looking for more then 125?

honda300EXtreme
01-07-2007, 09:41 AM
im looking for 120 plus shipping

tyler3400
01-07-2007, 10:05 AM
do you knwo how much shipping would be and what are the dimensions of the box

tyler3400
01-07-2007, 10:11 AM
you wouldnt be interested in any trades/partial trades by any cheance would you?

honda300EXtreme
01-07-2007, 10:32 AM
what do you have for trade

tyler3400
01-07-2007, 10:33 AM
i only have a 30gd dell dj that i got fomr dell 3 weeks ago, or my fbm bmx bike frame or other parts.

honda300EXtreme
01-07-2007, 10:38 AM
sorry man not lookin for nothin like that but if you still want the box ill save it for ya until you get money, like i said ill sell it for 120 plus shippin

tyler3400
01-07-2007, 10:43 AM
yeh id liek to getit once one of them sells or my check comes in. i would think itd be a little louder then my single 12" sony x-plode fomr walmart ina smaller sealed box.i woulda taken it rigfht now but i jsut bought a car yesterday so all money is gone form this last check.ill keep in touch with you though

honda300EXtreme
01-07-2007, 11:19 AM
sounds good yea this thing should definatley be loud and i will measure it tomorow probably and post the deminsions for you, i really dont know how much shipping would be, probably 30$ at the most, do you have any idea when you might get your money?

ill keep in touch, thanks

honda250xrider
01-07-2007, 12:08 PM
please dont cheap out on the stereo, you need to know a little more before you set out and just buy a box with subs, ported enclosures must have more air. You must look on the subs specs to see if the box is alright for the subs otherwise you are just wasting your money and not getting everything out of the sub. Sealed enclosures will ALWAYS sounds better this is not arguementive. ported will always be louder but will have that boom effect and will not sound as crisp. i think you will find only about 3db increase in ported inclosures. to me it isn't worth the extra db for loss in quality.

If i were you i would get a sealed IMO no offense but those are cheap subs you are looking at. never look at a subs max wattage. When also buying an amp only look at the rms rating and match that to the subwoofer. You can find a decent sub and box for 200 i would say. throw an amp into the mix and you can have a complete system for 350-400 new. even though the box may be 1 foot ported which is not enough to push just about any sub out there imo. you need to take into fact that when you install the subwoofer into the box you take up more airspace so then you are losing .3 or so cubic feet. a well thought out system and go a long way and i would never buy xplod legacy lightning audio these are the way i think. These subs and amps they make are cheap not trying to start a fight with anyone that runs them but i've been into audio for some time and have gathered alot of tips and learned alot. If you are down on airspace you can use a type of cheater mythod that works very will though, simply get some polyfill found most every where, and line the box with this you can cheat the sub into thinking it has more airspace and actually does work. I will try to get the formula up if anyone needs it to figure out how much is needed per .1 cubic ft.

Next thing is having a good receiver, I always recommend one that has an adj. eq. simply because you can make your system highs sound so much better with this. You can run your subs with less gain and have them distort less. I have a few brands i like that have the features that are very easy to use.

Wiring is another big issue to me, meijer brand walmart brand wiring is cheap no matter what guage you buy there it is simiply just cheap. I always recommend good rca cables, I have run streetwires for several years and love them. you can find these cheap i even have a few sets left i will let go for little to nothing. a decent low budget system can go a long way as long as it is thought out and well planned. PM if you ever need to dicuss or talk about what you think is alright. I am always willing to help people with audio questions.