PDA

View Full Version : Strong gasoline smelll when engine is running.

FoxRacing81
01-06-2007, 06:33 PM
I get a pretty strong smell of gas after whenever I am riding, and as soon as I shut the quad off, it is all I can smell.

I took all the plastics off, and couldn't find a leak anywhere.

This may be dumb, but I didn't mess with this because my dad didn't think it would be the problem initally.
I went up a couple jet sizes because I was planning on removing my baffle. I removed it, and it ran like ****, so I put it back in at a race (tried it out during practice) and the bike still ran fine, and since I heard they run lean from the factory,. I didn't think it would hurt to keep it in. My dad thought if it was the jet, it should smell like gas out of my pipe, which it does not.

I do not remember smelling it during the race, or even the several times after that race that I went riding.

I just noticed it this last time, and it was bad enough to give me a headache for a few hours. The smell didn't get any worse, but never quit.

Can anyone help me out here? Ima try that jet sometime soon, but just wanna get some thoughts in the meantime.

Thanks
Justin

FoxRacing81
01-07-2007, 10:59 AM
bump

VIC
01-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Do you shut off the petcock? Check your oil for any gas, it might leak past the cylinder into your crank(oil).

FoxRacing81
01-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by VIC
Do you shut off the petcock? Check your oil for any gas, it might leak past the cylinder into your crank(oil).

No, I don't shut the petcock off. That shouldn't have significance as I only smell it after the motor has been running.

I'll check the oil. I don't see it being a major problem. I just can't figure it out.