PDA

View Full Version : best pipe for an o7 450er or r?????

byrdman37876
01-06-2007, 06:30 PM
any body know what slip on pipe would be good on a stock 07????. warranty is good for about 4 years and that is all i think i will do for now ( besides mabye cosmetics and nerfs ).stock pipe is ok but to loud without the baffle and to weak with it in. and thought about a uni air filter also and a jet kit that i need any way for the fcr carb.

86Rryder
01-06-2007, 07:46 PM
everybody has there own opinion..I say either eddie sanders racing or rossier..

ricks450
01-06-2007, 08:03 PM
i say a tunable exhaust for any bike so you can adjust the back pressure. because if you dont have enough back pressure you can lose power, and to much back pressure can make you lose power. and plus you can tune your exhaust for every different mod you do. i think CT exhaust is a good one. :)

450rJam
01-06-2007, 08:20 PM
I would put on the hrc head pipe.

(I have one cheap)

outlaw450r
01-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Rage, Dasa or Rossier
Sorry I did not notice he sais slip-on, In that case I would say HMF also.

CHEVYZ
01-06-2007, 08:29 PM
HMF is very good. It would probably be my first choice in a slip-on.

ShiftFMX
01-06-2007, 08:47 PM
For a full pipe I would Run Rossier, For a Slip-on I would run a HMF

keller45
01-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Isn't Rossier tunable?

elementryder
01-07-2007, 06:54 AM
tc racing tcr serise

400excracer
01-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Check out the Motoworks pipes too. They have the best workmanship Ive seen and have done great in a recent shootout.

tooanxiousii
01-07-2007, 11:56 AM
If you not looking to something loud go with the Yoshi!!!

byrdman37876
01-08-2007, 08:08 PM
all right thanks for the help ever one. i think i will check out the hmf. any body got any pics of one on there quad? and are they real loud or not ( loud is good but not ear busting loud ).

Dragnut06
01-08-2007, 08:19 PM
what would be a good full pipe exhaust HMF or Dasa? which it better in power and sound?

keller45
01-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Here's some sound Comparison:
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=32321

If you want more bottom end go with the HMF

Top End, DASA

04TRX400EX
01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by 400excracer
Check out the Motoworks pipes too. They have the best workmanship Ive seen and have done great in a recent shootout.

That's what I was going to say. I am very eager to meet someone who has seen or better yet used one of their exhausts. It looks to be a great product. As for the more well-established companies, I would definitely say DASA, although I hear a lot of good things about Rossier as well.

adinocr7
01-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by keller45
Here's some sound Comparison:
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=32321

If you want more bottom end go with the HMF

Top End, DASA

Keller45 is right on the money.

I switched to a full DASA system because I ride 90% of the time with the throttle pinned wide open. My mid range to top end is absolutely sick compared to my old HMF Exhaust. If you've got an 06' or above snip the green wire and you'll gain almost another 1000 rpm's. If you've got a little extra time and money throw in a Stage II Hotcam to go along with the DASA and the machine will be nothing short of scary.

byrdman37876
01-14-2007, 05:52 PM
well i can't really cut the green wire yet because of the warrenty. but thanks for the tip.

450rJam
01-14-2007, 06:57 PM
the hrc kit bypasses the green wire without voiding warranty.

its just a little snap in connector, you can remove it if you need
dealer service

Sheepless
01-15-2007, 03:03 PM
07 HRC headpipe and HRC endcap is a very powerful combo.
The is no performance gain to justify the $$$ spent for a slip on, none. If you want to spend the $$$ for better sound, what ever waxes your willie.

For the 07, full exhaust or HRC exhaust is the only way to go... anything else, I just feel sorry for you.
Good luck

450rJam
01-15-2007, 03:30 PM
I have the whole hrc exhaust for 06/07, I put a rossier on and the hrc header and silencer are just setting in garage.

make offer ?
I can take a pic if interested.

it does have the ama noise reducer also.

adinocr7
01-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by 450rJam
the hrc kit bypasses the green wire without voiding warranty.

its just a little snap in connector, you can remove it if you need
dealer service

I have the extended warranty and I'll probably never use it. I'd work on my own stuff any day over trusting a $10.00 an hour mechanic at the dealership. Most of the mechanics at these dealerships are a joke anyways. No one is going to care for your machine better then yourself.

450ERRRRRR!
01-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Did you say Slip-on exhaust. I just wanted a better sound and got more than I expected. The power is great and the sound is just what I wanted. Deep and throatie but not louad enough to rattle the neighboors windows. HMF are too cheap for me and everybody has one. I'm not a racer just a old man riding an R on the trails. I like my DMC slip on but I just love new 6pak rack.

adinocr7
01-16-2007, 07:40 AM
450ERRRRRRR

Thats a sweet ride . . . I think you've got the right idea with the 6pk rack!

byrdman37876
01-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by adinocr7
I have the extended warranty and I'll probably never use it. I'd work on my own stuff any day over trusting a $10.00 an hour mechanic at the dealership. Most of the mechanics at these dealerships are a joke anyways. No one is going to care for your machine better then yourself.

i'll agree on that. i took mine in the second week i had it to fix the dreaded BOG:scary: . they did'nt even put a smaller leak jet in and had to call the big wheels in and they said it was just like that( b******t ).it was at the shop for a whole week. the only reason i got it was in case the engine blew sky high then they will probly argue about that.

byrdman37876
01-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 450ERRRRRR!
Did you say Slip-on exhaust. I just wanted a better sound and got more than I expected. The power is great and the sound is just what I wanted. Deep and throatie but not louad enough to rattle the neighboors windows. HMF are too cheap for me and everybody has one. I'm not a racer just a old man riding an R on the trails. I like my DMC slip on but I just love new 6pak rack.

yep i said slip-on. and that is what i ride also mostly trails and stuff. and i like the rack also.

TWILES
01-16-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm not a big fan of the HMF pipes. My sister had to have one for her 350Rancher and its the most generic looking thing I have ever seen. The muffler weighs a ton and it only uses ONE of the two mounts. One of her friends had one and the mount actually broke off the muffler. My wife thought they were the greatest the first time she saw one. After the Rancher expirience she decided to pass. I haven't bought a new pipe in a long time but I've decided to see what the bike's are using. The top-ends on the bikes and quads are so similar now that if it works on the CRF-R and X, it should work great on the TRX too. FMF, ProCircuit, DRD, DMC, Yoshimura, and the one from Europe that I can't pronounce. Seem's like the mass produced pipes work great on the bikes and used to be great for the quads.

As for a slip-on, the White Brothers E-2 seems like the one to buy around here. You can take the quiet insert out if you want. They are still AMA legal with the tip out. I know a lot of guys were buying them here a year or so ago. The bad parts is that they are $400. Thats the only one I've really heard about as a slip-on. They way I take it with the full system, a stepped headpipe is neccecary and they all pretty much work the same way once jetted unless otherwise noted. You get what you pay for!

If it was me, I'd spend the money on the HRC kit like these other guys are saying and then worry about a muffler.

byrdman37876
01-16-2007, 01:13 PM
yeah i think i will weigh my options a little more before i dive into the fire on a slip on pipe. thanks for the info everone.

450ERRRRRR!
01-16-2007, 01:32 PM
That Whitebrothers E2 is the next pipe I'm buying for my new Z400. Somewhere I found it for $300. If only I could find the site again. I going for the slip on again cause I CANT HANDLE ANYMORE POWER ! :eek2:

TWILES
01-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Its supposed to be a good one for my dirtbike but its a little wide and hits the tire at times. Can't see spending $400 for that when cheaper ones DON'T hit the tire.

buck naked-r
01-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by byrdman37876
all right thanks for the help ever one. i think i will check out the hmf. any body got any pics of one on there quad? and are they real loud or not ( loud is good but not ear busting loud ).

here is one on a 05 and he sold it to a guy with a 07 and it fit right on with no problem

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o101/buck450/2006_0109Image0003-1.jpg

sandmanblue
01-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by TWILES
Its supposed to be a good one for my dirtbike but its a little wide and hits the tire at times. Can't see spending $400 for that when cheaper ones DON'T hit the tire.

I have the E2 and mine doesn't hit the tires... Maybe it was installed wrong on that guys quad....

BTW - all the end caps for the WB Carbon Pro and Aluminum Pro also fit the E2, so if you really want a tunable exhaust that also has a sparky, the E2 is a good choice. They are also very tough, and they will fit with the HRC headpipe.

The sparky only costs about 0.2 hp peak, but loses bottom end. Still it's a very nice pipe - just expensive... Then again, you get what you pay for.... at least in this case...