PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Problems Please Help!!!!!!!!!!

jared_scarboro
01-06-2007, 03:58 PM
ok i have an 02 raptor that i bought they said it had a hot cam and a high comp piston in it. its extramly hard to crank when trying to start it you cant give it any throttle becasue the starter will freeze and smoke starts comming from the battery cables even with out giving it gas it drains the battery really fast and the wires still smoke???????? and suggestions

what i have done: i have adjusted the valves replace the starter sylonoid could it be possible i need an artermarket cdi or a new starter? thanks

ALSO when it cranks it runs good............

fastfox
01-06-2007, 07:16 PM
will it start good cold???? if so try running cam2 100 oct in it, that might help it start, or you may have to put the stock piston back in

jared_scarboro
01-06-2007, 11:18 PM
it doesnt start good period i run just regular through it but ill try premium thanks

fastfox
01-07-2007, 05:13 AM
just try a gal of 100 oct cam-2, it will only cost you 4.00 to try it

Glenyzracer25
01-16-2007, 10:26 PM
if the motor is turning over good try a new spark plug and higher octane gas and check the color of the plug after riding it. it should be a brown color.if you run anything over a 95 octane your plug will probably be white colored. if its having trouble turing over be sure to keep your battery at full charge with a trickle charger. does putting your choke on make the motor turn over slower?

jared_scarboro
01-16-2007, 10:51 PM
yes it did thanks i found the problem, the starter was starting to go but she funs fast as hell now(replaced the starter)