PDA

View Full Version : parking break

quads14589
01-06-2007, 11:48 AM
i have a problem with my parking break i re-ajusted the bolt in the back on the caliper and still nothing happends, so i am wondering wut else i can do, and the ajustment on the cable ive already tried to so idk what it might be.

thanks tyler

northwest Texas
01-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Get rid of it, it's useless. You'll need to readjust it every couple of times you use it anyway for it to be functional.

Mine always seems like it was dragging if it was working or it was too loose to stop it from moving while engaged. So I just removed it and put a block off plate on (about $10)

hornetgod13
01-06-2007, 12:15 PM
I have to echo what "northwest Texas" said. The parking brake on a 400EX is absolutley worthless. It constantly needs adjusted, seldom works right, and is a huge pain in the @$$ to maintain. Just do what most other people do with there's. Stop using the park brake all together and leave your quad in gear if you're worried about it rolling away. Install a Parking Brake Block OFF if you want to remove the hardware. I left mine installed but, don't hassle with it anymore. If I ever sell it, I will adjust it to where it works again.

jokester
01-06-2007, 12:17 PM
there has been countless hours of people trying to adjust their parking brake so that it actually works right...well the only real solution that works is just plain getting rid of it and leaving it in gear. This parking brake isn't even worth your time of trying to adjust all the time, because as soon as you think you have it perfect it either drags on the brake way too much or it doesn't grab enough to hold the quad in one spot. So just buy the parking brake block off and get rid of it and make sure to leave in in gear when you shut it off.