PDA

View Full Version : how they doing?

thumpinex
01-05-2007, 09:44 PM
im getting a new atv soon and was wondering if the new raptors were anygood. like if they have the same problems that the older ones had.......im comparing this bike to the 450s also and i dont know anyone who owns one so ima have to just go off of what i hear lol thx

crayfz
01-06-2007, 03:34 AM
I have a Raptor and a YFZ.
It depends on what your going to do with it.
I race harescrambles, at the end of 2 hrs on the Raptor, I'm not as tired as 2hrs on the YFZ, but when I get back on my YFZ, I know I can ride it faster in the woods.
If your going MX racing YFZ.
If just riding trails, and a harescramble once and a while, Raptor.
Just trail riding the Raptor is the best bike I ever rode, it has none of the problems from the old Raptor. It is a little heavy if your not aggressive and get stuck in mud, but if you hit the mud, the raptor will go through it, with all that torque it's just fun.

Hope this helps.

thumpinex
01-06-2007, 07:19 AM
hehe thanx was a lil woried with its past problems but all seems to be worked out thx :)

01-07-2007, 06:30 AM
If you take in to account amount of units sold the probs are not any more then other quads plus afther 01 no real probs come up.I have a 06 and have beat the crap out of it for 3/4 of a year no probs really.Just keep freash oil in it and grease those fittings and ride ride ride.

thumpinex
01-07-2007, 05:16 PM
sweet thx

450rJam
01-13-2007, 10:44 PM
I would say 700rappy/yfz/trx would all leave you smiling,
like crayfz said it depends on what you want to do with it,
your riding style and body size

yfz feels small but fast (likes higher rpm) corners good
700 has crazy pulling power (really comfortable) reverse
450r fast, bigger that yfz (big power changes 05 to 06) hrc

if you can ride a few it will be better than listening to everyone
telling you theirs was the best choice

you may find some other models a better fit depending on your
skill/riding level

Raptor68
01-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't get why people complain so much about the 660 Raptors??? Sure the '01s had some problems, but so do many 1st year quads. They were a little tippy, but you just have to know how to ride it. I have had my '03 Raptor since it was new and have never had a single problem with it. It is a good quad with a ton of power. Throw some +2 a-arms and long travel shocks on it, and it will handle like a dream.

450rJam
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM
the 700 has cast a large shadow over the 660.

700rappy does everything and does it better than the 660.

the 660 is a good quad, its just like compairing the 300ex to the 400ex. both are good but the one with more power/better handleing will be the one in the spot light.

the high seat height and lack of power are more of an issue
than the mech. 01 problems.

dont flame me, Im compairing it to the 700/450's