PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Riders

Tater049
01-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Is there anyone in CT that rides and lives near where I do. I live in Stamford and I need someone to ride with. I have 2 people in Stamford, around where I live and I need to ride with someone. I have a YFZ, my good friend was a FAST 250EX and my other friend has a Raptor 700. Please anyone let me no if you live around the area.

400EXtreme
01-20-2007, 05:12 PM
I live in shelton and bunch of my buddies go to this one spot. We had about 10-15 of us last weekend. Pm me if u wanna no more.

300exryder
01-22-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm also from CT. When I'm home from school I enjoy frequenting riding areas in Southington, Bristol, Thomaston and Terryville. So long as you respect anyone who you meet, you shouldn't have to big a problem. Again, there is no "legal" riding in CT, but there are some places where it is accepted. Now that the Raptor got a rebuild, she's got a bit more bark, so the 4x4 makes about half of the trips, especially around South Mountain where the trails get rather rocky/muddy.

Look for a thread in the Open forum for a myriad of pictures from CT...

Tater049
01-22-2007, 07:07 PM
i thought there was like this one legal riding area around the groton area.

300exryder
01-22-2007, 07:45 PM
There is the Rocky Hill MX Track in Rocky Hill and the Thomaston Dam in Thomaston (for registered dirtbikes only).

No trails/pits that are legal... *therefore all of my riding is illegal.

My Raptor is registered in MA - $30 isn't too bad. Factor in the $$ from carnage after riding the rocks (in lieu of trails, they have rocks...) and it becomes a VERY expensive sport. PSF is the best state forest in MA to ride if you ever go up!

Tater049
01-22-2007, 07:47 PM
sounds pretty crazy, i wish ct had more riding areas, everyone has to ride ilegally.

300exryder
01-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Tater049
sounds pretty crazy, i wish ct had more riding areas, everyone has to ride ilegally.

Believe me, it's a sentiment shared by many. If you care to join the cause, www.cttrailusers.com is just getting organized. C.O.A.L.T. first meeting was last Saturday. A good site to give you a heads up on new legislature and what you can do to help out.

Happy riding!

Ruby Soho
01-23-2007, 10:21 AM
i live in newtown ct, theres no where really to ride here, so i ride trails

Tater049
01-23-2007, 12:54 PM
there is so many god damned trails in CT, and we cant ride anywhere. Down here in Stamford, we are right next door to Greenwich. They are all snobs. Listen to this, you have to be from Greenwihc to use their beaches. Anyway, there is this huge property that has about 100 acres, with a house right in the corner of the property. One day, i just started going through the brush, and made a really long trail. I would go on there and keep the trail nice by, removing sticks that fell on it,etc. The guy didnt care. In fact, he talked to me and was like, this is a nice trai you made, if you keep it clean ill let you ride on it. Then when i was done with the trail, raking it and removing sticks etc. the guy said thanks for the trail now i have somewhere to walk my dog, and btw you cant ride hear any more. What an ***.

CT400exRIDER
02-18-2007, 09:19 AM
There are trails everywhere in CT, you just have to find them

Until about a year ago i didnt even know about a large abandoned sandpit right off the powerlines in my town. The pits are prolly 100 acres and i live in most likely one of the smallest towns in CT and still didnt know about them.

Moral of the story is, ask around and make friends with some local riders, although you might not get permission from the landowners, usually you wont be bothered

Tater049
02-24-2007, 08:23 AM
you dont understand, thats what we do over here but everyone is rich *******s and they are like hell no. So there is basically nothing we can do but ride illegally

CT400exRIDER
02-24-2007, 09:10 AM
**** the rich people.... they cant do anything but call the cops... and if you have enough trails the cops arent a problem either :D :D :D

People dont complain that much if they dont hear you, thats why i still have my stock pipe on

Tater049
02-24-2007, 09:11 AM
good idea i still have mine too

CT400exRIDER
02-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Wish you luck on finding trails, If your ever in Northeastern CT, PM me and i can tell you where to go for good trails

Tater049
02-24-2007, 10:48 AM
thanks man i will do that