PDA

View Full Version : Quick help with question on buying a car!!!!!!

Rider-trx_250ex
01-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm going to call a guy who is selling a 1999 mitsubishi eclipse gsx and I was wanting to know what all questions I should ask him. I don't wan't him to know that I'm am very very interested in the car because he will probably think I will hold out for a high price. This is my first car that I am looking for and here is what I have so far.

Number of owners?
Why it was traded in?
were the recalls performed if necessay?
reason he is selling?
any damage?
milage?
if everything functions correctly?
if maintance was performed regulary?
condition of interior?
any noises taht car makes?

01-05-2007, 06:08 PM
if any parts were replaced, find out why they were, the car may have been abused. check if it has a new paintjob, because in 10-15 years if the paint is no good, it will start to chip. i think thats it. set up an appointment and go test drive the car or sit in it while he drives it. when he drives, if you see hes doin like 50 in a 35, your going to know he abused it, so keep that in mind...

Rider-trx_250ex
01-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
set up an appointment and go test drive the car or sit in it while he drives it. when he drives, if you see hes doin like 50 in a 35, your going to know he abused it, so keep that in mind...

thats a good idea, but what if he is just showing me how much power the car has to it to try to get me more interested?