PDA

View Full Version : Best Tracks in Texas

jread14
01-05-2007, 03:08 PM
What are the best tracks in North Texas (around DFW) that allow open practice for quads?

insanejackson
01-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I like caddo point motorsports in Greenville. Plus, they have a loop in the woods. They held the maxxis 12 hour race there. It's covered in this months Dirtwheels magazine.
http://caddopointmotorsports.com
The track is pretty sweet. It's not too advanced (meaning beginners would have a good time), but there are there are jumps about as big as you can handle too.

If you find any other cool ones, let me know. I'm looking for a few too.

jread14
01-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Insane, thanks for the info... I have heard some good things about that track. I just have never made the trip out there. Where are you from?

insanejackson
01-09-2007, 05:14 AM
Mckinney

The places I've been and have liked are

Caddo Point (I really like their MX track and trail through the woods and around the lake)

Muenster (Red River Motorcycle Trails) Lots of trials and fun to play on the sand next to the river. No MX track and I tend to hit a lot of rocks there

Bonham (Red River ATV Park) It's ok, I've only been there once

Brushy Creek (Royse City) It's got a little MX track. I like Caddo's track much better, but this place has more trails in the woods and stuff.

I'm still looking for the really sweet tracks like the ones shown in the magazines. Too bad, I've never read about one close by.

Here is a website that shows Texas places to ride. http://www.txtracks.com/

I went to an MX race at Oak Hill. That track was awesome, but it's private. The web page says you can rent it out though :D

DaleJrFan
01-09-2007, 06:21 AM
You can go to atvpathfinder.com and register to search for tracks or trails. My bro-in-law goes to caddo mills all the time and he really likes it there too.

jread14
01-09-2007, 09:30 AM
DaleJrFan, I have been on that website tons of times. The problem is that most of the sites do not show if they allow open practice for quads or not. Also I have been to a couple of tracks were the pics looked pretty good and I got there and it was a POS... Just trying to get everyones opinion on places they have been.... Either way I appreciate you sending me the link. That is a great website to find places to ride. Have you tried www.dirtwerkz.com? It is a great track locator as well.

DaleJrFan
01-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Just got finished checking it out, thanks, I will save it to my favs, lots of good stuff on there.

Steve