PDA

View Full Version : Why rap music blows...

sandmanblue
01-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Pulled up next to some suburban white kid the other day with his windows down and that crap called rap blaring out of the car and I had to laugh. He was moving his arms all around as if he was having an epileptic seizure. His head was bobbing up and down as he repeated the words and flying out of his mouth was the "n" word left and right. Too bad there were no black people around to kick his punk little arse.

Now, what's wrong with that picture? This kid lives in a very well off part of town, drives daddy's new Accord and is making a complete fool out of himself - yet he thinks he's being cool. :confused:

I honestly don't get it. If being cool is emulating inner city thugs, and reciting lyrics that have absolutely nothing in common with this kids pillow soft life, then cool isn't what it used to be.

Maybe cool has turned to fool...

I really wonder if the CSW's (clueless surburban whites - as they are called) really know that they are being laughed at for trying to be what they are never going to be.....

Now, this will likely get some nasty responses calling me old and all, but keep in mind, I've heard it before, have partial hearing loss from being a musician since I was 12 and I'm not the one being laughed at...

Let the flaming begin...

rollie
01-05-2007, 02:36 PM
If you dont like it, dont pay attention, i personaly hate rap music and i listen to Hardcore music but you wont see me making fun of someone who likes rap, if they think there cool, than good for them i enjoy my hardcore metal blasting though downtown and screaming along with it and im sure theres people out there that are saying "does that kid think he's cool??" nope, im just listening to music, i dont really see how it matters much:o

01-05-2007, 02:47 PM
i agree with sandman...the thing is i don't wanna hear it, when i have no option but to pull up next to the idiot...i don't like rap, i never will, and i don't want to hear it. maybe i should put a system in my truck that will eliminat e the possibility of hearing his crappy music...and make him listen to a little bit of pantera

sandmanblue
01-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Rollie - the difference is that you can relate to that kind of music. If you are white and listen to metal, which came from rebellious whites, then you have a common background. It's the whites that want to be black that I (and other people) are laughing at...

I might get laughed at for pumping Pantera out of my windows, but that's who I am. White, rebellious, metal playing old school rock and roller.

CSW's will never be urban blacks... Although Michael Jackson has proven you can turn an urban black man into a surburban white woman... :D

HB416EX
01-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Kids theses days are jerkoffs.I like rap but I dont subject the whole world to what I am listening to.They all think they are so cool and hard.I laugh at those kids.

450Rchaser
01-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Well I listen to rap music and I am white and from the country. I talk country. People where I work couldnt even understand what I was sayin when they first met me. B/c i talk like a redneck. I drive a lifted truck. It's all personal preference. I listen to country on long trips. I cant stand heavymetal. But, i'm not out there bashing it. Got a transmission guy in our shop that listens to bluegrass really loud. Thats cool because thats what he likes.

deathman53
01-05-2007, 03:10 PM
I can't stand those kids, they wear big jackets, pants down to their knees, huge shirts w/ some kind of logo, pants 3 sizes too big, they must wear some kind of off-the-wall shoes/boots.
Yes, I have a few pairs of these pants they like to wear, but mine aren't 3 sizes too big, aren't down to my knees and they are really called carpenter or painters(thinner material) pants, and they don't carry the huge price tag the "whigger" jeans have. 1 pair of those is double front jeans(extra layer on the front on the jean to keep you warmer in the cold). I wonder if these "whiggers" know that those jeans were originaly meant for workman, those pockets are to carry your tools with, the long pockets are for screwdrivers and pliers, the loop is to carry a hammer, its not for a fashion statement. When was the last time you seen one of the them using those pants how they were intended??????
I love metal, I wear plain jeans, wook boots(usually bad(dirty, scuffs, stains) looking), some kind of shirt w/ band designs, some of my shirts have penagrams and such on them. Most are somewhat plad looking. None of these high pitch colors that "whiggers" wear. Most of these "whiggers" have the same boots, but they look brand new and somehow the designers they buy them from put ridiculas designs and a huge price tag on them.
The cloths they wear has alot in common with tradesman/contruction workers clothes, with the obvouis exceptions that the "stylish" clothes carry a much higher price tag, have ridiculas logos on them and off-the-wall colors.
They stole what worksman have been wearing for years and modified them to fit them. Another example, did you know that nautica clothing was originally meant for boating, my brother always used to ask these kids wearing nautica clothes when was the last time they sailed on a boat, they usually have him some really stupid look, not knowing the original usage of their clothes.

01-05-2007, 03:15 PM
lol. Why cant white people rap? Your like this kid I work with. He's one of those heavy metal dickheads. And he flips out on my because I listen to rap. I got out of the rebellious heavy metal goth gay music when I was in 8th grade. Now I'm more open minded, and all I listen to is rap.
Now your right, this mainstream **** is complete garbage. But your ignorant and never listen to underground rap, true rap.

And WTF, white people arent allowed to rap, why?
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EAtKZiXwPGY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EAtKZiXwPGY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BTW, those two WHITE rappers, don't act black at all, and don't dress black at all. They know there white, and they don't think your black.
And, no, I don't act black because I listen rap.

MXracer16
01-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Now I'm more open minded, and all I listen to is rap.

No offense dude, but that statement makes no sence. You say you hate all that deathmetal crap, yet you are open minded but just listen to rap?

coolguy8769
01-05-2007, 03:30 PM
haha i listen to heavy rock and rap!! is that such a problem

cant we all just be friends....:rolleyes:

01-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by MXracer16
No offense dude, but that statement makes no sence. You say you hate all that deathmetal crap, yet you are open minded but just listen to rap?

Well because, I used to be like him. I was like "woo slipknot yea!!! **** rap, blah blah blah blah" Then I was like w.e, and tried listening to rap, and I fell in love. But I still listen to rock to. But I don't act like the heavymetal morons, like the one who posted this topic.

MXracer16
01-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Well because, I used to be like him. I was like "woo slipknot yea!!! **** rap, blah blah blah blah" Then I was like w.e, and tried listening to rap, and I fell in love. But I still listen to rock to. But I don't act like the heavymetal morons, like the one who posted this topic.

Oh, okay, I got it now. I also dont really like anything that is heavy but I do love Classic Rock or anything that isnt just them screaming and playing the same chord over and over.

SRH
01-05-2007, 03:44 PM
i like rap, i have a hip hop kinda of style i guess, but im no *** blaring rap in some dumb system

there are wanna be rockers, rappers, and country singers, if you dislike one form of music thats too bad but i listen to everything country being my least favorite

suzukigirl
01-05-2007, 03:47 PM
it doesn't really matter what you listen to...just don't blast your music so that everyone else is forced to listen to what you are

red4ever
01-05-2007, 03:48 PM
rap is retarded. i can wear baggy clothes and talk fast but im not rich im happy sitting in my room with my bass and just playing along to nirvana green day and blink 182. also i wear a black hoodie and tripp pants every day

Xater
01-05-2007, 03:48 PM
i think the term is "wigger"

red4ever
01-05-2007, 03:50 PM
git it krunk :scary:

deathman53
01-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Alot of this new metal is crap along with the mainstream stuff. I don't like rap, country, blue grass and r&p. I do listen to most forms of rock/heavy metal, classic rock, 80's metal, 90's heavy metal, deathmetal, hardcore and european metal. I haven't bought new albums recently, as I think new heavy metal is crap.

sandmanblue
01-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Heavy metal morons? Slipknot blows too. The whole devil music scam is only there to make them so rebellious that kids want to listen to it to piss off their parents. That's been done for years.

I am a musician, been PLAYING guitar since I was 12 and have actually written MUSIC - not babbled on and on about poppin cops and chicks big arses.... I don't give any respect to rap because it's all posing and rhyming. Any no talent hack can get up there and talk into a mic and make farting noises to emulate the drums they can't play. Moving their arms around and making gang signs like that's cool and that's what life is all about... Then they steal other people's music and play it in the background because they can't write their own. Do these fools have any idea how stupid they look all dressed up like a basketball star with big old gold chains and sloppy clothes that look like hand me downs from their fat big brother? Then, what's with the label left on the bill of the baseball hat that is worn sideways? It's sooooo frickin hilarious...

On top of that, it's the attitude they portray like they are some cool banger that pimps chicks and crap like that. These fools haven't been within 100 yards of a chick that has a pimp in their whole lives.

Metal may be about anger, violence, sex and being pissed at the world, but it's not about trying to pretend that you live in the ghetto cuz you think that's cool...

If ghetto was cool, then why do people try to always "get OUT" of the ghetto? Seems like if it was soo cool, people would be lining up to get IN...

That's what hilarious about wiggers. They play this crap like they were from the ghetto. Yet, they are nothing more than total posers, never had a clue about what it's really like to live as an inner city minority. Why do you think blacks laugh their arses off at these guys? They see the same thing I do. Clueless wannbee suburban white kids acting like they are ghetto born blacks. Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are...

BTW - nobody called you a moron nor ignorant. I would appreciate you not calling anyone else here names too.

flauge
01-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Does anybody ever think about "Malibu's Most Wanted" whenever they see one of these "homies"?:o

big k
01-05-2007, 04:39 PM
all i got to say is that eydea killed it and slug didnt get enough time

and this is the lamest thread ever
i happen to listen to everything

well almost

Cr85rRida
01-05-2007, 04:51 PM
First of all, if rap is so easy, make me a track. That sounds good and flows right.

It makes me sick to see some of you older guys be so ignorant. You should know that rap today isint what it was.

Go back 10-20 years when it was real. Listin to the story they told. Todays **** is garbage.

I play the drums to. Ive been playing since i was in 7th grade ( now in 11th) and i happen to be good at it. Its not easy beat boxing BTW who ever said farting sounds get real.

Hip hop isint about busting caps and doing big asss chicks, thats just main stream bull ****t

Im white, i wear pants that are a little big on me, i wear t-shirts that fit me fine and i also have a nice jacket ( not those furry ones haha those are gay)

My point is you cant base a whole social group on one stupid white boy. When you ssee a lack drummer,basses or gutairist to you flipp out on them??

Jimi hendrix sukxx bcusss he iZ black and plays a white instrument.

thats basically what your doing^^^

Ruby Soho
01-05-2007, 05:06 PM
can i ask a question?

why do white kids want to be black?

woodsman250r
01-05-2007, 05:10 PM
lol. Why cant white people rap? Your like this kid I work with. He's one of those heavy metal dickheads. And he flips out on my because I listen to rap. I got out of the rebellious heavy metal goth gay music when I was in 8th grade. Now I'm more open minded, and all I listen to is rap.
Now your right, this mainstream **** is complete garbage. But your ignorant and never listen to underground rap, true rap.

And WTF, white people arent allowed to rap, why?
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EAtKZiXwPGY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EAtKZiXwPGY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BTW, those two WHITE rappers, don't act black at all, and don't dress black at all. They know there white, and they don't think your black.
And, no, I don't act black because I listen rap.

So basically you are a rap music dickhead then???

TheFontMaster
01-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Older rap is actualy pretty good, I like it. But I won't be caught dead listening to this new crap. But still most new music in general sucks ***. There are a few bands that have managed to come out with stuff worth listening to though.

Cr85rRida
01-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
can i ask a question?

why do some black kids want to be white?

Why do men want to be gay?

why do women want to be with another women?

why to metal heads hate rap?

why do satanist worship the devil?

why do men have nipples?

300ex mxracer
01-05-2007, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cr85rRida
Why do men want to be gay?

men want to be gay?? where are you from?lol

i think people have a right to listen to and dress however they want but other people shouldnt be forced to listen to what the guy next to them is listening too. i personally love country, and i like it loud, but i usually keep the windows up and keep it quiet enough that other people dont get annoyed. i also get very annoyed when the people drive around blaring with the bass all the way up and you cant even hear the song because of it. you pull up next tothem and your windows start shaking.
:ermm:

01-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Ok, first off...let me clear something up for you guys!

Slipknot is not Satanic Metal, Corey Taylor is just a sick minded individual. I happen to love Slipknot, As I Lay Dying, Norma Jean ect...

I also listen to rap. Now if i can find a song that has a good beat and a flowing rythm then ill listen to it, but if its just some moron talking as fast as he can to some sloppy *** rythm, then i dont like it.

Modern music has completely changed since the 80's and 90's. And dont you all think that if our parents were here talking about thier choice in music they would be saying the same thing! That modern music has changed since the 50's & 60's?

I think that we should all respect each others choice in music. After all diversity makes the world what it is. If everyone liked the same clothes, music, food ect, The world would be horribly boring.
I like my music, you guy and girls like yours, now why dont we all just respect that and quit acting like children and quit calling each other names!:eek2: :cool: :ermm:

elementryder
01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
im a rebel i listen to old country the outlaw country the good stuff i wear t-shirts and buttun ups,jeans all year and beat up skate shoes.i Hate ******s,wiggers and wangsters i dont see whats so cool about acting like a broke @zz ****** that lives in a shed,smokes pot and talks about killin people and smoking weed amd lives on wellfare because the dont wat to work and probably dont know how.the wourld was just fine befor rap came out and would be better if it never came out.also no point to f'in blaring music so loud that you can here it a mile away and loose your hearing by age 20 thats my opion idk what other people think

Cr85rRida
01-05-2007, 07:34 PM
why dont you find out what other people think by reading the posts....

For those of us who have a true understanding of rap, and whats its about, then just let it be. No sense in trying to tell these people, its like trying to teach a horse how to ride a dirt bike.

300ex mxracer
01-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
its like trying to teach a horse how to ride a dirt bike. [/B]

LMFAO!!!

JRP
01-05-2007, 07:52 PM
i listen to anything. Rock, death metal, country, rap, oldies, jaz(:p ) everything. I do hate wiggers but oh well, just live with it!

flauge
01-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by JRP
i listen to anything. Rock, death metal, country, rap, oldies, jaz(:p ) everything. I do hate wiggers but oh well, just live with it! Same here. I like just about anything that sounds good. But the wiggers are getting out of hand tho, I saw one with a gold grille the other day. :huh I almost cried laughing..

ny300exrider
01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
i love both rap and hardcore music and i find it ignorant how people are so judgemental. i am white and definitly do not want to be black. i rock nike dunks, jeans and a mx tee, and a fitted hat pretty much every day. you can find me crowd surfing across a mosh pit at a hardcore show or bumping jedi mind tricks in my car....depends on the mood. now there is a TON of rap that i cannot and will not listen too; most likely the stuff you guys are talking about. however, im a new yorker and i have some urban in my blood so i gotta keep that hip hop going. like i said, i used to be a regular at local long island hardcore shows.....probly got down in some pits that you so called heavymetal nonrappers would be worried about.

01-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I'd rather chill with a wigger... http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2003/04-18-malibu-inside.jpg

than a...
http://www.sportsevents.net/events/images/afi.jpg
anyday

01-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by big k
all i got to say is that eydea killed it and slug didnt get enough time

and this is the lamest thread ever
i happen to listen to everything

well almost

part2 mang
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jtD5pRVB9Zc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jtD5pRVB9Zc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

400exstud
01-05-2007, 09:32 PM
can i ask a question?

Insecurity. These kids have a lack of support (much of the time from their family) and so they have to go out to find it. Many of these kids think that if they try to imitate people who they think are cool, they will be excepted and thus will gain more self esteem.

400exrider99
01-05-2007, 09:40 PM
i dont think rap sucks, if it did rap music wouldnt sell. i dont want to hear it though. i dont listen to my music overly loud but if i pull up next to someone playing loud rap , i will turn my sterio up realy loud so i dont have to hear it.

spud400ex
01-05-2007, 09:49 PM
There are alot of ignorant people on here. I listen to everything, country sucks in my mind. I listen to metal becuase it settles my nerves, i dont know how but it does. I have no problem with the "wiggers" , i may laugh at them but thats who they want to be so let them. People are going to do things the way they want and your *****ing wont change a thing so stfu.

Hondadudeehhhh
01-05-2007, 10:02 PM
i listen to every kind of music, my favorite arstists range from Norma Jean to three 6 mafia. Whether they are singing about jesus or green bags i will listen to my music as loud as i damn well please. Im not going to blare music in your neighborhood but if you are at a stop light next to me and my music is too loud, then roll your window up and wait that 25 seconds for the light to turn green. You can say im just a little punk *** kid but i like my music a little loud.

400exrider989
01-06-2007, 12:45 AM
i listen to classic rock and i wouldnt be able to live if it wasnt for wiggers they make my day alot of people i hang with are wiggers and there still people there style is just different and funny to me and ima skater yea skating is not a crime neither is rap or heavymetel no music is but if you ask me a white guy trying to change his color is justa fool . i hang out with wiggers my other skaters and lots of awesome black guys too there all the same the only thing is hangin with the blackguys and my other skaters is for more of a hang time when i wanna laugh i hang with my wiggas!

fasterblaster03
01-06-2007, 01:03 AM
can i ask a question?

i don't want to be black and i don't listen to rap

know how wearing pants down to the knees got started?

In jail they wore them low so that "Bubba" could get to them easier

and now people think they're cool when they wear their pants low:D :eek2:

SRH
01-06-2007, 08:12 AM
can i ask a question?

because somewhere in the last 5-10 years white kids became pink shirt wearing pansy's with popped up collars, abercrombie and fitch, american eagle...the horror

metro sexuals, goths, emo im just embarassed to be white when i see this crap .... at least the wiggers, wanna be rednecks, and old school heavy metal rockers still resemble "man"

SRH
01-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by fasterblaster03

some of us just wear are pants lower because we got a big sack:scary:

quadman440ex
01-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Yeah Yeah!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QoYye8wC81U

Cr85rRida
01-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by fasterblaster03

actually it comes from jail, but thats not the reason. The reason is they gave them one-size-fits-all pants that way the one pari of pants would fit every one, Eventually they ellastic wears out and they woiuld stay up, its calleed the jail bird look i believe.

why it got streached out,idk:macho

sandmanblue
01-06-2007, 09:53 AM
So people that wear baggy pants are imitating skinny convicts?

Now THERE's a role model... :rolleyes:

"Hey daddy, can you buy me some pants like that guy I saw in prison is wearing... I wannabee JUST like HIM. He's me HERO..."

I knew this topic would bring out some emotions. I guess it worked.

Now, can anyone that listens to rap tell me what is so appealing? This is an honest question. I think we can't actually classify it as music. Music has a SINGER or NOBODY at all. Been that way for thousands of years. Now rap appears to be more like poorly written poems read aloud while somebody elses background music is being played.

Really... What in the world is there to like about rap? I have an open mind, believe it or not...

SRH
01-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by sandmanblue
So people that wear baggy pants are imitating skinny convicts?

Now THERE's a role model... :rolleyes:

"Hey daddy, can you buy me some pants like that guy I saw in prison is wearing... I wannabee JUST like HIM. He's me HERO..."

I knew this topic would bring out some emotions. I guess it worked.

Now, can anyone that listens to rap tell me what is so appealing? This is an honest question. I think we can't actually classify it as music. Music has a SINGER or NOBODY at all. Been that way for thousands of years. Now rap appears to be more like poorly written poems read aloud while somebody elses background music is being played.

Really... What in the world is there to like about rap? I have an open mind, believe it or not...

your not open minded, i mean personally i dont find what is so appealing about death metal

its too bad if you dont like rap, i think its the biggest most popular form of music today actually, its heard everywhere, times change, music changes, its just too bad you cant understand people like certain music and have certain styles if you think its dumb, keep it to yourself

whether or not alot of these rappers are tough jail birds i dont know but lets face it, if were watching them on tv, there paid, they did time maybe they picked up the pants being worn low as a sign of where they had been and where they are, there making skinny littel white boys complain about it on the internet

sandmanblue
01-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by SRH
your not open minded,....

its too bad if you dont like rap, i think its the biggest most popular form of music today actually,......

whether or not alot of these rappers are tough jail birds i dont know but lets face it, if were watching them on tv, there paid......

there making skinny littel white boys complain about it on the internet......

I'll just remember to keep this to the point. You don't know me so your opinion of whether or not I am open minded is completely irrelevant. I know what I am. I asked a question about what is so appealing about rap - you didn't answer it at all.

Whether something is popular is also irrelevant. WHY is it so? I would also contend that it isn't as popular as you might imagine... Just because MTV plays that crap all the time doesn't mean it is popular. It is being played because the record companies are paying MTV to play/market their products. Same goes for the horrible nu metal crap. It all sounds the same - boring, no feeling, corporate crap.

Without MTV showing this crap all the time, people wouldn't be buying it. It would remain underground.

That's partially my point in asking. What is so appealing about rap?

Is acting like a wannabee convict banger appealing?

Is dressing like a street thug with no money and no decent job appealing?

Is talking about poppin cops, slappin chicks, smokin weed, stealing cars, gang fights, going to prison, defending turf and generally treating women like pieces of meat appealing?

For all the smack about metal, there hasn't been any west coast metal vs. east coast metal gang wars. That's just stupid. You don't have to have a bunch of guys nodding and waving their arms around in a video to make a good video. Who are these losers anyway?

You don't see a rapper mulitia sticker on bikes or atv's?

So, what is it? What in the world does anyone see attractive in rap? If I'm off base about the lyrical content, then tell me what they are saying in the majority of rap - if it isn't about what I stated above...??????

I've been called ignorant at least three times in this thread - so somebody please tell me something I don't know about rap...

BTW - don't tell me to "keep it to myself" You're not my mother.

SRH
01-06-2007, 12:00 PM
I'll just remember to keep this to the point. You don't know me so your opinion of whether or not I am open minded is completely irrelevant. I know what I am. I asked a question about what is so appealing about rap - you didn't answer it at all.

Whether something is popular is also irrelevant. WHY is it so? I would also contend that it isn't as popular as you might imagine... Just because MTV plays that crap all the time doesn't mean it is popular. It is being played because the record companies are paying MTV to play/market their products. Same goes for the horrible nu metal crap. It all sounds the same - boring, no feeling, corporate crap.

Without MTV showing this crap all the time, people wouldn't be buying it. It would remain underground.

That's partially my point in asking. What is so appealing about rap?

Is acting like a wannabee convict banger appealing?

Is dressing like a street thug with no money and no decent job appealing?

Is talking about poppin cops, slappin chicks, smokin weed, stealing cars, gang fights, going to prison, defending turf and generally treating women like pieces of meat appealing?

For all the smack about metal, there hasn't been any west coast metal vs. east coast metal gang wars. That's just stupid. You don't have to have a bunch of guys nodding and waving their arms around in a video to make a good video. Who are these losers anyway?

You don't see a rapper mulitia sticker on bikes or atv's?

So, what is it? What in the world does anyone see attractive in rap? If I'm off base about the lyrical content, then tell me what they are saying in the majority of rap - if it isn't about what I stated above...??????

I've been called ignorant at least three times in this thread - so somebody please tell me something I don't know about rap...

BTW - don't tell me to "keep it to myself" You're not my mother.

without mtv and radio everything would be underground, and i dont think they met metal as in the music .........i mean that would make no sense, some rap is life expiriences, some are fanciful thoughts, women, money, basically the same things as alot of other music just a different genre, rock /metal quite frankly hurts my ears i dotn understand how people can live for it, how about you face the facts that other people dont always think like you

Honda400exrox
01-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by SRH
without mtv and radio everything would be underground, and i dont think they met metal as in the music .........i mean that would make no sense, some rap is life expiriences, some are fanciful thoughts, women, money, basically the same things as alot of other music just a different genre, rock /metal quite frankly hurts my ears i dotn understand how people can live for it, how about you face the facts that other people dont always think like you

I think like Sandman....Really, rap is just a chit stain on this earth

DieselBoy
01-06-2007, 12:38 PM
To each their own. But I never liked rap. it's repetitive, always involves lots of bling-bling blingin, money, cars, hoes... its a poor message to send out, but some people like it. What I really can't stand is the trouble makers who bum around places dressed like a rapper looking for trouble, and trying to intimidate people. That just makes my blood boil.

How bout them lyrics? Examples: "YEAHUH! WHATT!!!", "LEAN BACK" X1000+, "*****, GET OUT THE WAY", TAKE ME THE CANDY SHOP", etc.

bulkdriverlp
01-06-2007, 12:42 PM
sandmanblue, i cant say it any better than you, are we long lost brothas or something. i feel the same way...

there is this kid who has an older model chevy lumina car around here. leans over to the center console of the car all hunched down in the seat. the stupid bass is so loud that i hear it 4 blocks away, licence plate rattling and everything. but the cops cant do anything about it unless they see it, or have a video that proves who it was. when i was younger i did the same thing. when i was 16-19 was my "young and dumb" stage. its just a phase that kids go through i guess.

400EXtreme
01-06-2007, 01:04 PM
why do people care about what people like to listen to? Its there choice.

Cr85rRida
01-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
To each their own. But I never liked rap. it's repetitive, always involves lots of bling-bling blingin, money, cars, hoes... its a poor message to send out, but some people like it. What I really can't stand is the trouble makers who bum around places dressed like a rapper looking for trouble, and trying to intimidate people. That just makes my blood boil.

How bout them lyrics? Examples: "YEAHUH! WHATT!!!", "LEAN BACK" X1000+, "*****, GET OUT THE WAY", TAKE ME THE CANDY SHOP", etc.

Okay let me clear this up im glad you posted this, seriously.

What he said about those lyrics is 100% correct, TODAYS MUSIC SUCKS BALLS

You know how older rock is good,like AC/DC, zepplin,Queen

older metal is good, like Judist Preist and Iron Maidien.

Well the same is with hip hop. 2Pac, DMX, Wu tang Clan, N.W.A

all these guys told stories. And you right about MTV. They get paid to put that **** on. All good hip hop that might exist today is overheard or doesnt make it to the charts, becuase ***got kids like this main stream **** and not the meaning behind the song.

I love rock and roll, i also love metal, but i favor rap. All these bands i stated are awesome. And the Emcee's that are listed are true rappers.

sandmanblue
01-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by SRH
how about you face the facts that other people dont always think like you

Again, don't tell me what to do. I'm not telling you to turn that crap off. You want to listen to it, go ahead - no skin off my teeth. I don't even care if it's loud, that's not a problem with me. It would be hypocritical of me to say "turn it down" when I have 1000 watts of Black Label Society blazing...

I still want to know what's good about it. So far no one has told me what's good about it.

I don't want everyone to think like me. That would be boring, as somebody said above. But, when I see other people doing something that appears to be ridiculous. I want to know what the heck they are thinking. What's wrong with that? I want to know why people do things. That's why I posted this in the first place. I want to know why some white upper class kid would want to act like and listen to music written about life as an urban black man stuck in the ghetto and having to deal with racial issues and inner city life. Rap certainly isn't about cushy Beverly Hills white people...

Other than to piss off your parents, I haven't found a reason why this stuff is listened to.

If no one has a good reason to listen to it, then I have to assume that they just want to piss people off.

250ex13
01-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
why do people care about what people like to listen to? Its there choice. Yepp. Who gives a f*ck? Let them listen to what they want. If they wanna wear there pants low let them. Just ignore it. Not like you should be lookin at thier ***'s anyway.. unless...:eek2:

250ex13
01-06-2007, 02:17 PM

Did that guy just freestyle that whole thing??:eek2:

tmoney
01-06-2007, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nofearrider1

that is the dumbest frickin thing I have ever seen, yes I am being bias, rap sucks out of this world and into a dimension I cannot even begin to imagine, all rap is is a poem, yeah it takes a real badass to listen to some guy read a poem really fast while some nobody hits the same drum to the same beat throughout the entire song, its not even music, thats all Ive got to say, go ahead and prove your ignorance by flaming me

SRH
01-06-2007, 03:02 PM
if everyone in this world could just understand not everyone is the same, there would be alot less *****ing

personally i see someone making a fool of themselves i just laugh to myself, i dont understand were everyones anger on issues like this comes from, i dont understand whats so good about black label society anymore than you do rap

and you cant classify that mainstream club rap as rap, its the equivalent of a boy band

50 cent, lloyd banks, rick ross few others are the only rap i can stand now a days, but 2 pac , dre etc of the 90s were all good tunes there is also alot of good stuff that underground because radio and tv pushes the other **** so hard

im not into the whole wanan be homie craze, but today's modern african american culture is being pushed to americas youth like crazy honestly do you see any real rappers falling into all these fads? they might wear there clothes loose, a hat sideways, but some of these one hit club beat guys are out there.....

ny300exrider
01-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by tmoney
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nofearrider1

that is the dumbest frickin thing I have ever seen, yes I am being bias, rap sucks out of this world and into a dimension I cannot even begin to imagine, all rap is is a poem, yeah it takes a real badass to listen to some guy read a poem really fast while some nobody hits the same drum to the same beat throughout the entire song, its not even music, thats all Ive got to say, go ahead and prove your ignorance by flaming me
how can you even say that man. thats true talent right there and you just completly bash it with ignorance. you dont like rap, no problem, but to say eyedea's 4minute freestyle is the "dumbest frickin thing I have ever seen" is just stupid. its easier for me because i like both rock and rap, but im amazed at how you guys are so closeminded.

i like rap for a ton of different reasons. i like the flow, i like the beats, i like the bass,

woodsman250r
01-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Rap doesn't take musical talent no matter how many of you morons will try to stick up for it and say it does. They have no vocal melody, no talent to play an instrument let alone write their actuall notational music. The songs are garbage, the lyrics are garbage and its all synthesiser or stolen rifts. Now, here is the chance for all you rap supporting idiots to flam me and try to prove how rap covers all the things I stated that it doesn't. And no I not sticking up for death metal which most of you use as an arguement. And don't try to say I'm making a black or white statement because groups like the Temps will never be touched by some idiot rapper.

450rcrazy022692
01-06-2007, 05:25 PM
People these days......Why can't you just put up a brook and go clubbing with techno. Computers dont cut there wrist or shoot at cops.

400exrider989
01-06-2007, 05:26 PM
im with tmoney and woodsman 250r
theres no talent all they do is press the start botton to the beat and sing there peoms and put hoes in there videos to make people watch it
flame on

tmoney
01-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
Rap doesn't take musical talent no matter how many of you morons will try to stick up for it and say it does. They have no vocal melody, no talent to play an instrument let alone write their actuall notational music. The songs are garbage, the lyrics are garbage and its all synthesiser or stolen rifts. Now, here is the chance for all you rap supporting idiots to flam me and try to prove how rap covers all the things I stated that it doesn't. And no I not sticking up for death metal which most of you use as an arguement. And don't try to say I'm making a black or white statement because groups like the Temps will never be touched by some idiot rapper.

Amen brother

700bRad
01-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Ive always been a Rap/Rock kinda guy, but this year I started listening to Country/hard rock and love it. I can relate to it which is great, and I dont have to listen to the ultra anoying babbling nonsense that comes out of every rappers mouth anymore. The rappers dont f*** with country boys because they know better.... We dont dick around. I would love to see one these wannabe flamer thugs try to throw a hay bail, or even a straw bail (lol) over there shoulder and walk it to a trailer. Probably wouldnt even last half a field before giving up. They cant drink like us, they cant party like us, they cant work like us, they cant even spit like us....

400exrider989
01-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 700bRad
Ive always been a Rap/Rock kinda guy, but this year I started listening to Country/hard rock and love it. I can relate to it which is great, and I dont have to listen to the ultra anoying babbling nonsense that comes out of every rappers mouth anymore. The rappers dont f*** with country boys because they know better.... We dont dick around. I would love to see one these hood rats try to throw a hay bail, or even a straw bail (lol) over there shoulder and walk it to the trailer. Probably wouldnt even last half a field before giving up. They cant drink like us, they cant party like us, they cant work like us, and they cant even spit like us....

WELL SAID

ny300exrider
01-06-2007, 05:50 PM
man o man, i cant wait for the day when i learn how to spit like a country boy.:rolleyes:

elementryder
01-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Ive always been a Rap/Rock kinda guy, but this year I started listening to Country/hard rock and love it. I can relate to it which is great, and I dont have to listen to the ultra anoying babbling nonsense that comes out of every rappers mouth anymore. The rappers dont f*** with country boys because they know better.... We dont dick around. I would love to see one these wannabe flamer thugs try to throw a hay bail, or even a straw bail (lol) over there shoulder and walk it to the trailer. Probably wouldnt even last half a field before giving up. They cant drink like us, they cant party like us, they cant work like us, and they cant even spit like us....

yeh man like i said they dont do any real work how hard is talking into a mike? and no they dont bother us country boys cause they know better...and if ya havent noticed all the rappers make fun of other rapper their nothin but a bunch of dumb arses

700bRad
01-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
man o man, i cant wait for the day when i learn how to spit like a country boy.:rolleyes:

The day you learn how to even "spit" I will be stunned .:eek:

ny300exrider
01-06-2007, 07:07 PM
The day you learn how to even "spit" I will be stunned .:eek: me too, i will let you know when, and film a video of it!! and just to let you guys know, although i listen to rap, i run a landscape crew and i know how to work. im not dissing on country boys either, i respect your work ethics and even have a few countryboy friends. i live in farmland ya know;)

ps-i hate mtv rap.

redlineranger
01-06-2007, 07:12 PM
i dont like rap that much, theres a few songs here and there that i care for..... but im not taking sides when i make my next statement.

if you think he looks like an idiot for blaring rap music and bobbin his head to it(if thats what you wanna call it), then let it be so, but thats what he likes. he prolly thinks the same about other people when he pulls up to some weirdo gothic f*ckers listening to some screamo kill yourself sh*t. or thinks the same of us that listen to hard rock. you head bang to hard rock and metal. so whats the difference? oh wait i know its because you cant under stand what there saying. but hey, you cant understand alot of rock and metal, so again whats the difference not trying to start anything, but like its been mentioned before in this thread, different people like different music. deal with it.

to each his own.

Cr85rRida
01-06-2007, 10:09 PM

**Post edited for excessive swearing**

Robin Hood
01-06-2007, 10:13 PM
I hate rap and I always will.

Everyone of my friends lives went downhill since the day that they've "converted" to gangster.

I've tried time after time to listen to rap and the only good rap is like 80's-90's rap. Not this "Yo (insert Nbomb here 6X) (Insert every other name for prostitute here)" crap.

Rap now a days sucks, and for all you ignorant wanna-be gangsters; actually read the lyrics to your music, because the people who listen to that crap will never have a good taste in music. At least metal/hardcore/rock have inspirational lyrics and actually require a brain to create...

Ps. I don't care how much you criticize or flame me for this post because I admitted I actually gave it a chance, and it is still (and always will be) Junk.

Enjoy.

Cr85rRida
01-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
I hate rap and I always will.

Everyone of my friends lives went downhill since the day that they've "converted" to gangster.

I've tried time after time to listen to rap and the only good rap is like 80's-90's rap. Not this "Yo (insert Nbomb here 6X) (Insert every other name for prostitute here)" crap.

Rap now a days sucks, and for all you ignorant wanna-be gangsters; actually read the lyrics to your music, because the people who listen to that crap will never have a good taste in music. At least metal/hardcore/rock have inspirational lyrics and actually require a brain to create...

Ps. I don't care how much you criticize or flame me for this post because I admitted I actually gave it a chance, and it is still (and always will be) Junk.

Enjoy.

Your right, and finally some one agrees with me.

Robin Hood
01-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Oh, and for everyone who's responses were "why do you care so much?"

- It's because if you read his situation you would understand. You pull up to a red light and have to sit there for a minute or two and listen to the Nbomb get dropped every second for that whole minute. The kid is probably a 17-18 year old trying to be badass and blasts his music until the speakers in daddy's new accord blow out.

If i'm on edge already when I get in those situations I flip a ****.

And to think, those idiots who produced this garbage are all multi-millionaires.. I wonder how many people actually have a decent taste in music these days..:rolleyes:

One_Bad_400
01-06-2007, 10:37 PM
pretty much why cant we all be little Christian boys and girls and turn rap into loving the lord insted of sex drugs and blowing peoples brains out... but... i'm pretty sure thats never going to happen... so just dont worry about rap and let them go to hell if thats how they shall go

01-06-2007, 10:39 PM
singing is actually reading and hitting correct notes...sampling is stealing, or stealing with permission due to lack of creativity...syths used the correct way have value...hitting one key on a synth in a rythm is not talent.

i agree, i do not like 98% of todays music. it is too corporate, but at least someone is actually creating the music instead of using someone else's.

i can handle a little of the old dr.dre and kool moe dee type of stuff,and i will even not run acrossed the garage to turn off ludacris...but any other adn the xm gets turned before the song even starts if i get a chance...

i even listend to 3 "songs" on the xm's hardcore rap station...i heard nothing that was even close to being decent...

oh, i get a new grille every week..i just bite a cucmber slice and voila..new grille...i think the grille thing has to be the most idiotic trend ever...people wearing a grille sound like they have a mouth full of cow shiit...

Robin Hood
01-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
pretty much why cant we all be little Christian boys and girls and turn rap into loving the lord insted of sex drugs and blowing peoples brains out... but... i'm pretty sure thats never going to happen... so just dont worry about rap and let them go to hell if thats how they shall go

It's not that I worry about it, I just feel really stupid when i hear it. I swear it lowers my IQ when it's playing anywhere near me.

Now if the people who play rap could respect others and not blast there god awful crap at every stop light, then we wouldn't have a problem...

Last post before bed. Flame on without me! :p

01-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
It's not that I worry about it, I just feel really stupid when i hear it. I swear it lowers my IQ when it's playing anywhere near me.

Now if the people who play rap could respect others and not blast there god awful crap at every stop light, then we wouldn't have a problem...

Last post before bed. Flame on without me! :p

amen brother...preach on...

Quad18star
01-06-2007, 11:27 PM
If everyone looked , acted , listened and followed everyone else , than this world would be a really boring place . Everyone has different tastes in music , style , etc .

To me the kid swinging his arms to rap , is no different than some metalhead head banging and swinging his long hair , chains and guitar around like some fool . Same goes for the country singers that have never seen a ranch except for when they go shoot a video . The guys that can't sing but wear the cowboy hats and boots , wear the jean shirt and ball hugger jeans and walk like they got a pickle up their rear .

Rap is just like any other gendre of music that ever evolved . Classical music frowned upon Rock and Roll ( Elvis played "Devil " music apparently) . Jazz , Techno , Heavy Metal .. each of these gendres of music defind a era and a generation of kids .

Rap is definning a new generation of kids that want to "rebel" ... just like kids of the '50s that listened to Elvis to rebel , just like kids of the '60s that listened to Hendrix to rebel , the dreaded '70s that everyone wants to forget and the generations that listened to Metallica . Kids of the '90s and 2000s are listening to Eminem , Snoop Dogg , etc . Who know's what the next generations will be listening to .

But one thing will always remain the same .. country music will take anyone that can't sing , and let them sing a song about how a horse died , how a girl broke some guys heart and how whisky will drown away all your problems .

PolarisRider06
01-07-2007, 01:45 AM
heres my opinion on all of this....

i had my rap phase... in 6th grade... but i still dressed like your normal elementary kid, no wannabe gangster stuff... then i seen the video for Korn freak on a leash on MTV (yeah mtv used to play music not reality tv) so then i started looking into rock and ever since thats what i mainly listen to.

i still do listen to rap but i refuse to listen to rap, or any music for that matter, that directly puts down people in a bad way or constantly swears throughout it and all the swearing is directed at a race, religion, sex....

if i like the music, the beat or the lyrics.... i'll listen to it...

i like songs like remember the name by fort minor or that one shot song by eminem. and songs like pulse of the magots by slipknot and chocolate starfish by limp bizkit and a crapload of other songs that are metal, rock, emo, death metal, nu metal, rap, country, classic rock, punk, screamo, techno, classical and whatever other genres you can think of. and that does include a lot of the rap songs that people on here probably hate... i just mainly listen to rock and country because i hate hearing the same pop/rap song that puts down women talks about killing cops and robbing convinience stores and says the N word a million times throughout it 500 times a day (or even just once a day in some cases) on every radio station every day.

i'm not supporting rap but at the same time i'm not taking away from all rap...

the thing that i dislike the most about the whole rap thing though has got to be the wannabe gangsters and wiggers, i know its their style choice and all that crap and i have nothing against how they dress (most of the time... chains, huge puffy jackets, grilles ect... kinda get on my nerves) the thing that makes me dislike them is when you know that they are a farm boy or that they grew up in the suburbs in a nice house with everything they ever wanted or that they are from just any other normal middle class family that doesnt have any major problems, no broken homes no drugs no anything like that and they are trying to act, talk, dress like they came from a family where the parents were drunks and got divorced or the dad walked out when they were 10 years old or their parents are druggies or they talk like they are from some family where the parents have worked their asses off their whole life for little or no pay just to try and support the family in the inner city or out in the country for that matter.
if they knew what it was like to be in any of those situations i dont think they wouldn't be trying to copy it anymore. personally when i see someone who is tyring to act like they are from one of those situations or talk like they are i feel like they are making fun of people that are in those situations to a point...

JMO

Shift_450R
01-07-2007, 02:10 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bKIwnd3VbVs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bKIwnd3VbVs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

what a joke, im gonna rap about hubba bubba and make 10000000$ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

N300exJ
01-07-2007, 06:36 AM
The best thing i ever did when i was 15 or 16 was stopped listening and watching music on mtv and the radio. go out and find music. It will make you a happier person. anything forced upon you in bright lights sucks period.

01-07-2007, 07:00 AM
i havnt been able to read the whole thread through, but not all rap is that pre school rhymes....

I love HIP HOP and alwasy will...i am not into the laffy taffy, chain hang low garbage...i bet i can post up some lyrics that everyone wouldnt beleive because they are so good and so descriptive, while most of the rockers just head bang and scream into the mic...But dont take it the wrong way, i like SOME rock also, and SOME hip hop...

There is good and bad in all types of music and people...you just have to find the artist and songs that YOU like...

What i dont get is why everoyne picks on the white kids that like rap? what about the blacks that like rock music? is that ok?

Just like nas said, HIP HOP IS DEAD...there is nothin good on the radios right now....thats why i continue to listin a coupld artist like, bone thug n harmony, 2pac, nas, jadakiss, talib kweli, mos def and a couple others that can acctually rap

a rap group that everyone shoudl check out is the roots. They play their own insterments, and rhyme and flow all about real life topics...that is if everyone here can have a open enough mind to check them out

01-07-2007, 07:05 AM
We dont dick around. I would love to see one these wannabe flamer thugs try to throw a hay bail, or even a straw bail (lol) over there shoulder and walk it to a trailer. Probably wouldnt even last half a field before giving up. They cant drink like us, they cant party like us, they cant work like us, they cant even spit like us....

HAHAHAHAHAH Wow, you hick. "I would love to see one of these thugs that think there tough pick up a hay bail and bring it to the trailer" ahaha wow man. You dumb hick.

And to the person that says rappers dont write there own lyriics. :eek2: :huh The MTV rappers dont. But real rappers do. And there better than any rock lyrics singing about cutting their wrists. But the problem is your to ignorant to listen to a real rap song.
So yea, i'm going to go listen to some rock, grow hair like a girl, head bang like i'm trying to S my own D and cut my wrists.

01-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Here are a few videos people should check out....its one thing to not like their style, but to say all of rap sucks, that isnt right

Check out the roots song called star...playing their own insturments and the lead singer is a rapper, pretty rare huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfPqLynS-Uk

or check out nas talk about his mother that passed over just over a simple beat, AND ACCTUALY LISTEN TO THE LYRICS. Just feel the words he puts into it...serious skill, no one can deny that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqITklpWcLY

Another great rapper is talib kweli, check out "never been in love before" ... weird to see a rapper talk about love and not be on some chain hang low garbage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_qRYEb8DZU

And another classic for your ears is 2pac's "keep ya head up" Telling single mothers to keep on trying and make it in the world...a VERY VERY good RAP song..just listen to the lyrics, they are amazing like when he says " And to all the ladies having babys on their own/ i know its kinda rough and ur feeling all alone/ Daddys long gone and he left u by ur lonesome/ I Thank the lord the my kids even if nobody else want them/ Cuz i think we can make it infact im sure/ if u fall stand tall and come back for more" Do you guys want me to go on?

Just check out the song for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnHd2apo_qg

Now i can see if somene dont liek the style of music but you cannot deny that all those songs are GOOD RAP MUSIC

01-07-2007, 07:32 AM
sandman i see that you started another fight, but just keep an open mind with rap, not all is bad, there is alot of better stuff out there that dont get played...its obvious everyone wants to hear that type of music, with no real lyrical rappers, no positive message. does that mean you should start a thread abut it?...but i could start a thread about how bad rock music blows...

One type of music that is awsome is the old true classics....I had this discousion with grandma before she passed and she told me to look up Frank Sinatra's "sedimental journey" and man is that song awsome...and that song is not even close to anyone age group on the forum but i love it and i think everyone should check it out...

01-07-2007, 07:40 AM
another thing is that beside MTVs TRL and other lame count downs the true hip hop heads dont reconize the laffy taffy as good music...just on the top 100 rap albums of all time Nas's illmatic was #1...no 50 cent on the list, no eminem in the top 50, no ludacris or anythign like that...if anyone actually listens to illmatic and how good the rhymes and rhymes schemes were, it was a true hip hop classic...never sold a million units...song liek memory lane, one love, the world is yours...they are all so good, old school hip hop is what it is considered now.....that album is a true hip hop classic and real hip hop heads know that and reconize that...alot of people now days never heard of that album....just like some young kids today have 450s and dont know what a 250r is...the times are just changing

Pappy
01-07-2007, 07:49 AM
I am probably one of the most diverse music people you will ever find. I can be jamming to Iron Maiden one minute, Whoodini the next, Milsap a few songs later:p

What does piss me off is when ANYONE pulls into a gas station and leaves thier radio cranked to WFO. I dont mind the guy riding down the road with enough bass blaring to make dishes rattle, but respecting others should be priority.

With that said, to each thier own.....

01-07-2007, 07:55 AM
i agree pappy, when you pull into a gas station or something, it should be turned down to a reasonable volume

Quad18star
01-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Shift_450R
what a joke, im gonna rap about hubba bubba and make 10000000$ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

Here's the thing , he's got the $10 000 000 in his bank account from the song ... $10 000 000 for 3 minutes of rapping . He doesn't have to work the 3rd shift , busting his balls for $20 an hour . Hell if I could sing and make millions off a song and not have to break my back at work everyday , then I would rap about Laffy Taffy also !!!

01-07-2007, 12:55 PM
i like hip hop. I dont talk **** about heavy metal even though i cant stand it, so i dont think people should talk **** about hip hop. and who ever says that rap does not require any skill, just go and die in a fire.

01-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Dmaciorowski
just go and die in a fire.

nice...great comeback...good way to prove your point...

700bRad
01-07-2007, 01:47 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH Wow, you hick. "I would love to see one of these thugs that think there tough pick up a hay bail and bring it to the trailer" ahaha wow man. You dumb hick.

And to the person that says rappers dont write there own lyriics. :eek2: :huh The MTV rappers dont. But real rappers do. And there better than any rock lyrics singing about cutting their wrists. But the problem is your to ignorant to listen to a real rap song.
So yea, i'm going to go listen to some rock, grow hair like a girl, head bang like i'm trying to S my own D and cut my wrists.

Dumb hick... Do you even know who the f*** I am? Yes ive worked on a farm helping my grandpa and I live in the country but does that label me as a hick? Thats like me saying "Ok ok you dumb hood rat.". LOL how can you be that ignorant man? You just set yourself up for humiliation..... And if you want me to I will belittle you some more. You calling me a hick is like calling president Bush a democrat, I know how to work hard, and that labels me as a hick, why? When you grow up and expand your brain functionallity a bit hopefully you will learn how to label people "correctly" and hopefully those people are ones you actually "know". Wow dude, wow......

PolarisRider06
01-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by N300exJ
The best thing i ever did when i was 15 or 16 was stopped listening and watching music on mtv and the radio. go out and find music. It will make you a happier person. anything forced upon you in bright lights sucks period.

thats one of the best points made i've heard so far. i did the same when i was probably about the same age and i found a lot of awesome music and i heard it months before everyone else heard it on the radio and then by the time everyone was listening to it all of the time i had found something else new that in a few months i wouldnt be listening to so much anymore and everyone else would just be hearing it on the radio.

to all of the people saying that all hard rock/metal is, isnt people screaming so you dont understand it stop and ACTUALLY LISTEN to the words, i'm not talking about death metal i'm talking about what you guys think is death metal, stuff like slipknot, KSE, Burry Your Dead, Underoath, All That Remains, ect. you have to do exactly the same thing with rock as you are telling everyone else they should do with rap, why should anyone open up and LISTEN to rap if your not willing to open up and LISTEN to rock. i have a friend who hated it when me and his brother listened to rock, he said the same thing that all it was was a bunch of guys screaming, he was one of americas brainwashed youth who only listend to MTV rap and some of the good oldschool stuff (he never was a wigger though). after almost 5 years of living here me and his brother finally rubbed off on him and he finally started to really listen to the music and now he listens to rock and even country.

to all the people who keep saying we are making fun of white people who listen to rap and why dont we make fun of black people who listen to rock, WE ARE NOT MAKING FUN OF EVERYONE WHO LISTENS TO RAP. we are merely making fun of wiggers and GWB's (gangster wannabes). its not the music that pisses most people off its the way that its portrayed by a lot of kids (wiggers and GWB's) and then your generally disrespectful kids who have systems in their vehicles and insist on leaving them blaring no matter where they are, that last section can include rock, country, pop, classics, anything but its normally people who listen to rap that have systems.

01-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Dumb hick... Do you even know who the f*** I am? Yes ive worked on a farm helping my grandpa and I live in the country but does that label me as a hick? Thats like me saying "Ok ok you dumb hood rat.". LOL how can you be that ignorant man? You just set yourself up for humiliation..... And if you want me to I will belittle you some more. You calling me a hick is like calling president Bush a democrat, I know how to work hard, and that labels me as a hick, why? When you grow up and expand your brain functionallity a bit hopefully you will learn how to label people "correctly" and hopefully those people are ones you actually "know". Wow dude, wow......

Yea but, your saying a rapper cant lift hay bails and spit in a bucket. WTF why would they want to do that anyway?

250exen
01-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
If everyone looked , acted , listened and followed everyone else , than this world would be a really boring place . Everyone has different tastes in music , style , etc .

Quad18star, i cant agree with you more. People are going to listen to what they want. It dosnt matter what people on the internet are telling them. If everyone listened to the same music, how boring would this world be?

Pappy, im in the same boat. My current itunes playlist has
Chameleon by maynard ferguson
Rooftops by Lostprophets
Like toy soldiers by eminem
some Journey
Queen
Goo Goo dolls
a bunch of dave Matthews band
and Kottonmouth Kings
**forgot about the AC/DC

yeah, i rock out to everything

I understand where you guys are coming from, but everyone is going to be different. There is no changing them, its their life, not yours

400exrider989
01-07-2007, 03:24 PM

watch your motuh man a calling someone a hick thats not right. and not all people who listen to rock cut there rists only stupid gothers do and there even dumber than rappers no rap lyrics are better than hendrix lyrics or zepplin nobody has the ability to beat those lyrics those days were like magic they were the best times for everything. now rap lyrics they insit of basicly 4 things thats hoes,drug dealing,gang fights and singing about there proud time that they did behind bars yeah thats real skill there:eek2:

ny300exrider
01-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider989
watch your motuh man a calling someone a hick thats not right. and not all people who listen to rock cut there rists only stupid gothers do and there even dumber than rappers no rap lyrics are better than hendrix lyrics or zepplin nobody has the ability to beat those lyrics those days were like magic they were the best times for everything. now rap lyrics they insit of basicly 4 things thats hoes,drug dealing,gang fights and singing about there proud time that they did behind bars yeah thats real skill there:eek2: you contradict yourself in this post. "not all rock is about slitting your wrists. however, all rap is about hoes, drugs, gangs, and jail"you just got your card pulled. you guys obviously think that mtv rap is the only rap around so its not worth arguing.

im going to go listen to some army of the pharoahs.

ridered11
01-07-2007, 03:52 PM
there are rappers that do it for the money, and rappers that do it for the art

it's as simple as that

but as far as this topic goes...WHO CARES.
go listen to the music YOU like stop worrying about everyone else, and stop arguing on the internet like a bunch of 13 y/o's

sandmanblue
01-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
sandman i see that you started another fight, but just keep an open mind with rap, not all is bad, there is alot of better stuff out there that dont get played...its obvious everyone wants to hear that type of music, with no real lyrical rappers, no positive message. does that mean you should start a thread abut it?...but i could start a thread about how bad rock music blows...

One type of music that is awsome is the old true classics....I had this discousion with grandma before she passed and she told me to look up Frank Sinatra's "sedimental journey" and man is that song awsome...and that song is not even close to anyone age group on the forum but i love it and i think everyone should check it out...

I didn't start an arguement. I posted something I saw and told you all what I thought about it, and then asked why would people listen to rap. YOU finally answered my question about what is so appealing. I appreciate that.

The topic title was meant to provoke interest - and it did. I didn't expect a country boy vs rap internet fight - guys - that's just stupid. It's not about who can lift hay bails or who made $10M off of one song.

This whole topic is about ONE THING ONLY.... WHY WOULD AN UPPER-MIDDLE CLASS WHITE BOY WANT TO ACT LIKE A GANG BANGING RAPPER?

I have heard only a small portion of what is appealing about rap music from Honda86 - but those small examples can't explain the posing, arm waving, gang finger signs (which look like people with arthritis BTW).

I guess I have to be more specific. Music, to me, should provoke emotion, thought, and feeling. It should create all of those regardless of what the lyrics are. The MUSIC should be able to stand on its own. The lyrics should tell a story and the vocals should work in tandem with the instruments to further express the feelings and emotions that the band wants to convey to the listeners.

Rap lacks the music part. It has lyrics, but that's it. There is no emotion in the background music. It's just a beat with noise thrown in. No one would listen to the music in the background of rap all by itself. It's emotionless. The lyrics also do not compliment the background music in rap. You could take the same vocal tracks from any rap song and paste them right on top of any other rap background tracks with the same tempo - and it wouldn't make a difference.

Real music, be it rock country, classical, jazz, or whatever conveys emotion and feeling with ot without any vocals at all. That's what's missing from rap and that's why I can't understand why people listen to it...

Nevertheless, I don't think any of you are going to be able to give a good reason for a white kid to act like wigger. It seems a lot of people here find those people ridiculous.

01-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Here's your answer. Those white kids take it to far. They like what they hear and they wanna be black too. There retarded. But because a couple retards act like that doesn't me all of rap music sucks.

01-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Im glad you took the tim to listen to a couple tracks..there are some great rap songs out there, and some very bad ones as well (just liek any other type of music)

As for the white middle class kid, i dont know...i dont look at people as color like a white person cant rap or a black person cant rock i think that is lame :rolleyes:

jimmy hendrix is a huge and then look at eminem, hes very talented (when he trys to be)

i just try to weed out the good rap from the bad rap and just go from their, it just gets me goin when people say all of 1 thing is bad, weather it be a style of music, a race of people or just a certain type of ATV....There is good and bad in everything no matter where you go, how rich or poor you are, if you are white or black...youll find good and bad in everyone and everything on earth. I guess we should just try and keep to the things that make us happy...If you liek rap, awsome. If you like rock, classical, jazz, country...good for you, but when people say "all jazz sucks" or "all rap music sucks" thats where the fight begins

sandmanblue
01-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
there are rappers that do it for the money, and rappers that do it for the art

it's as simple as that

but as far as this topic goes...WHO CARES.
go listen to the music YOU like stop worrying about everyone else, and stop arguing on the internet like a bunch of 13 y/o's

Why do people insist on trying to tell people what to do over the internet?

Apparenlty a LOT of people care - hence the number of posts.

BTW - rappers that are making a ton of money are taking that money out of a lot of white kids pockets... Pretty funny really. Here's a guy rapping about inner city black life, and a whole lotta white kids are buying his songs and making him rich. Then he buys a big house in the suburbs and lives next to white people...

So let me make sense of this.

Black guy in ghetto writes rap tunes and sells them to white kids who act like a ghetto black man and the black man moves out of the ghetto to live next to rich white people.....

That's pretty funny right there...

sandmanblue
01-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Honda86

jimmy hendrix is a huge and then look at eminem, hes very talented (when he trys to be)

Jimi wasn't trying to act like anyone else. He paved a new road by doing his own thing. That is completely different than the masses of rap and metal and country bands that all sound the same. There was a lot less corporate influence back then too. Along with a lot more reefer :D

Hondadudeehhhh
01-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Why do people insist on trying to tell people what to do over the internet?

Apparenlty a LOT of people care - hence the number of posts.

BTW - rappers that are making a ton of money are taking that money out of a lot of white kids pockets... Pretty funny really. Here's a guy rapping about inner city black life, and a whole lotta white kids are buying his songs and making him rich. Then he buys a big house in the suburbs and lives next to white people...

So let me make sense of this.

Black guy in ghetto writes rap tunes and sells them to white kids who act like a ghetto black man and the black man moves out of the ghetto to live next to rich white people.....

That's pretty funny right there...

dude, get a hobby. You have too much time on your hands

mx428
01-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Alot of people make total dicks out of themselves and hurt themselves or others on quads. I guess you hate ATV's too.

700bRad
01-07-2007, 05:36 PM
How about Regae? Manus Yahoo or whatever, and Ziggy Marley is the sh**!

300ex03_619
01-07-2007, 06:10 PM
ok, when one of u guys can write a rhyme as good as those guys do, then u can run your mouth!

700bRad
01-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Dr. Seuss can rhyme better then any rapper ive ever heard....

300ex03_619
01-07-2007, 06:16 PM
wow, then u r definately deprived and have never heard a rap song in your life, i agree some rappers cant do nething, lilke lil jon for example, but ppl like eminem and jay-z, they are just poets that put it to music, and u gotta respect that whether u like the music they use or not.

01-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 300ex03_619
wow, then u r definately deprived and have never heard a rap song in your life, i agree some rappers cant do nething, lilke lil jon for example, but ppl like eminem and jay-z, they are just poets that put it to music, and u gotta respect that whether u like the music they use or not.

Amen to that. completely agree with u

ridered11
01-07-2007, 06:23 PM
sandmanblue, hondadude pretty much nailed it on the head for you get a life

you are a racist pos, black people can't live next to white people? black people aren't allowed to live in the suburbs? what the hell is wrong with you

i hope the next time your out in public your a** gets jumped and pistol whipped by some black people blarring some gangsta rap for talking like that......then we will listen to your input on rap music, but untill then stfu

300ex03_619
01-07-2007, 06:25 PM
AMEN thank u guys, i agree all the way!

01-07-2007, 06:31 PM

yea cuttin your wrists and screaming something that noone understands definietly takes talent. lol

clowns

01-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Rap is cool :-)
but thats just my opinion

700bRad
01-07-2007, 06:42 PM
I think your all retarded.... Lets all merge and go beat up one of those Iraqi scum bag insurgents! But seriously I do know one thing, even though alot of us despise each others music, we all share the same awsome hobby that is 4-wheeling and to me that is beautiful.... ;) lol.

300ex03_619
01-07-2007, 06:45 PM
serously, im out of this one, arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if u win yur still retarded!

01-07-2007, 06:49 PM
ur a retart
go play in some cow ****

300ex03_619
01-07-2007, 06:53 PM
just to clear things up, i wasnt using the word retarded literally, so please dont be offended, if u r i apologize.

700bRad
01-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
ur a retart
go play in some cow ****

Wow God sure did put some beautiful people on this world now didnt he?

elementryder
01-07-2007, 06:59 PM

you are a racist pos, black people can't live next to white people? black people aren't allowed to live in the suburbs? what the hell is wrong with you

i hope the next time your out in public your a** gets jumped and pistol whipped by some black people blarring some gangsta rap for talking like that......then we will listen to your input on rap music, but untill then stfu

if i get jumped buy some nigga with a pistol blarrin gangster rap i will not be the one getting hurt ,hill be :macho

ridered11
01-07-2007, 07:01 PM
right......

01-07-2007, 07:05 PM
this post is just pointless at this point
everyone has diffrent taste in music and just respect that and ppl are just gonna argue over point less crap

flyin#5
01-07-2007, 07:43 PM
well i moved down here to phoenix now and i see a lot of hardcore white gangsters ready to cap a..... butt. thats when i throw in the rap we listen to up in da nort woods.... then i feel truely hardcore with my white brothas. check it!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=96474610

01-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Just like it wa said in a RAP song "It aint about black or white because were human/ i hope we see the light before its ruined"

troutman561
01-07-2007, 11:54 PM
The original rappers from the 80's and early 90's....(and also to distract form the hostility)

Architects
01-08-2007, 12:22 AM
I listen to rap. Don't hate lol

hondardr4life
01-08-2007, 04:18 AM
Well ive just read all 9 pages of this post, and I think I go twhat people are trying to say. Lots of people listen to rap, but dont dress and act like theyre a rapper. Occasionally i'll here a rap song thats not too bad. The people that drive around with their huge baggy southpole shorts on in wintertime, leaning into the middle of their car, throwing their arms around like in the rap videos and bobbing their heads are the people that I can't stand. I usually pull up next to their civic or w/e at a stop sign and blare some country music. Then they'll make the mistake of revving their engine like a hardass, and giving me the finger.......

Toadz400
01-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Older rap is actualy pretty good, I like it. But I won't be caught dead listening to this new crap. But still most new music in general sucks ***. There are a few bands that have managed to come out with stuff worth listening to though.

You pretty much hit it head on. The only music I'll really listen to is from the 90's when the rap was actually real (I hate rap but I'll actually listen to some of the older stuff) and the rock was real. All the newer music is fake and everything being put out it just to make a lot of money, you can tell by just listening to the songs.

Another thing that bothers me about music today is that you take a look at the musicians from now and back then. Older musicians don't go around flaunting all their money and wasting it on huge mansions, wearing huge amounts of bling on everything, etc. etc. It just makes me sick.

01-08-2007, 07:40 AM
yup times are changing...its a get money lifestyle now...you dont have a choice but to compete

sandmanblue
01-08-2007, 10:21 AM

And yet ANOTHER person that wants to tell people what to do over the internet.... :rolleyes: And you are hoping bad things happen to me just because you don't like what I have to say.

Are you the guy that I saw making an arse out of himself? If not, then you really have no reason to act like you are Mr. tough guy - but then again, maybe that WAS you I was laughing my arse off at... And BTW - I'm not the punk white boy flying the "N" word out of my car. That was the bozo that this whole thread was about... So as far as me getting my arse kicked by black people - it ain't gonna happen. You can wish all you want - cuz that's all you can do.

As far as black people living next to white people - and your stupid comment - where did I say that that was unacceptable? Racist? Again, no clue at all. This isn't a racial attack on black people. I have no problem with them whatsoever. You threw a lame attempt to bring race into this, and you didn't add anything relevant to this thread in doing so.

It's funny that white kids are buying rap from black guys and then the black guys move to super high rent areas. The jokes on you if you think for one minute these guys are not laughing their way to the bank thinking about all the stupid white people that buy their crap...

What's funnier is the white kids acting all wigity jigity - like they want to change their race. I can't remember ever seeing a black person head banging to metal and making a fool out of himself at a stoplight.... That would be pretty funny too, but it doesn't happen. Black people are apparently okay with being who they are, but white kids seem driven to act like somebody else.

That's the joke. And there are a TON of people laughing, pointing, and rolling on the floor at the ridiculous behavior of these idiots. Just thought you should know who is being laughed at.

Lastly, the slap in the face this kid is going to get is when he tries to get a job - and acts like a wigger. Guess what? People like me that hire younger people are NOT going to hire a kid that dresses and acts like a ghetto gang banger. Whether you like it or not... that's the way life is... have a nice day...

Bill Fuller
01-08-2007, 10:44 AM
I listen to rap all the time.Music in my play list: Three Six Mafia, Dr. Dre, 2 Pac, (old) Metallica, Led Zepplin, Pearl Jam, Gorilla Black, Project Pat, Pink Floyd, The Peasall Sisters, Bill Monroe, Lil Whyte, Megadeth, Anthrax ETC..... I don't feel any conection to the rappers as I don't feel anything with any other music other than appreciation.

One_Bad_400
01-08-2007, 11:33 AM

You make a good point here, this is what it is: You seem to be anti-racist, but yet you just proved in the quote "i hope the next time your out in public your a** gets jumped and pistol whipped by some BLACK people blarring some gangsta rap" that there is a difference.

You can VERY RARELY(not never, but rarely) replace that word black in all caps with white, AND in the case where you can replace that word black with white, it usually will be in a predominately black area.

2000 US CENSUS NUMBERS

Total Population: 281,421,906
Black Population: 34,658,190

=12.3%

Bureau of Justice Statistics

40% of JAIL inmates are black
64% of PRISON inmates are minority(yes this includes other minority races but I think we all know who makes up the majority of it)

if you know anything about math you can tell something is wrong here...

wierd coicidence? or....something else? oh yea, i forgot, their great great great great great grandfathers were slaves, so thats a good excuse to be a worthless piece of crap:rolleyes:

I'm not racist, but I do very much dislike worthless, immoral people, I have just as much disgust for a drug offender whether that person be white, black, green, wahtever, just so happens to be a fact(shown by the numbes above) that most of those people are black:confused:

sandmanblue
01-08-2007, 12:27 PM
wahtever, just so happens to be a fact(shown by the numbes above) that most of those people are black:confused:

It is not a skin color issue. It is an environmental and cultural problem... This would deserve another thread entirely.

Being of a certain race cannot in itself be the cause of bad behavior. Blacks are no more drawn to crime as are any other race. There are plenty of other scumbags in all races. If one grew up in the ghetto and were told that you can only get ahead in life by being a criminal and were exposed to crooks and drug dealers all dressed up in bling and having nice cars, you'd think that was the way too.

That's partially my beef with the rap ghetto behavior - it emulates the very people that are the root of the problem. Acting like a convict and dressing like one in order to portray some sort of tough image, but not caring that the very people that created this image were drug dealers (Ice T, Snoop, etc, etc...) and murderers is just plain wrong and stupid, to say the least.

People know you by the friends you keep. And if all of your friends are loser wannabee gang banging rappers, guess what - people will think you are too...

Now, is that what cool is, or as I said before, has cool become fool???

Cr85rRida
01-08-2007, 12:50 PM
It is not a skin color issue. It is an environmental and cultural problem... This would deserve another thread entirely.

Being of a certain race cannot in itself be the cause of bad behavior. Blacks are no more drawn to crime as are any other race. There are plenty of other scumbags in all races. If one grew up in the ghetto and were told that you can only get ahead in life by being a criminal and were exposed to crooks and drug dealers all dressed up in bling and having nice cars, you'd think that was the way too.

That's partially my beef with the rap ghetto behavior - it emulates the very people that are the root of the problem. Acting like a convict and dressing like one in order to portray some sort of tough image, but not caring that the very people that created this image were drug dealers (Ice T, Snoop, etc, etc...) and murderers is just plain wrong and stupid, to say the least.

People know you by the friends you keep. And if all of your friends are loser wannabee gang banging rappers, guess what - people will think you are too...

Look, what your saying is 100% true. But unfourtantly your not seeing the whole picture.

Cool hasent become fool. What you think is cool and what i think is cool could be 2 diffrent things. So cool is how you look it at.

As for the wiggers, the black people hate them just as much as you do. Im White, I listin to 80's 90's rap. I dont act like a stupid idiot however. I have black friends, i have rocker friends. My brother is a metal head. My best friend lisitns to rock and roll. What im saying is its just the person. You encountered a f@ggot. I hate them, just as much as you do.

This dosent mean hip hop sucks. Todays rap sucks, but hip hop doesnt. and old school rap is hiphop.

Whats so appealing? Idk about you, but i like reading and telling stories. And thats what rap is, a story from one to the other. Sure they make money but who wouldnt want to make money??

Its also fun to drive with, but then again so is rock and metal blah blah blah

do you see what im getting at?

Toadz400
01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
Look, what your saying is 100% true. But unfourtantly your not seeing the whole picture.

Cool hasent become fool. What you think is cool and what i think is cool could be 2 diffrent things. So cool is how you look it at.

As for the wiggers, the black people hate them just as much as you do. Im White, I listin to 80's 90's rap. I dont act like a stupid idiot however. I have black friends, i have rocker friends. My brother is a metal head. My best friend lisitns to rock and roll. What im saying is its just the person. You encountered a f@ggot. I hate them, just as much as you do.

This dosent mean hip hop sucks. Todays rap sucks, but hip hop doesnt. and old school rap is hiphop.

Whats so appealing? Idk about you, but i like reading and telling stories. And thats what rap is, a story from one to the other. Sure they make money but who wouldnt want to make money??

Its also fun to drive with, but then again so is rock and metal blah blah blah

do you see what im getting at?

I think everyone has to agree with you on this one. Couldn't have said it much better myself.

Hondadudeehhhh
01-08-2007, 08:57 PM

well said, but i still like rap music. i guess all i can say now since you have intelligent responses is just like the music you like and dont hate on someone else because they like something else.

400eXr1d3rZ
01-08-2007, 09:27 PM
I bet alot of you guys see a kid walking down the street with long pants (not hanging off his ***, just long) and a "tall tee" shirt and you think "holy crap, god damn wigger", please don't judge a book by it's cover, you don't know a person you can't judge them just because of how they dress. I dress like a "wigger" I guess you can say, but I hate rap music, i listen to metal and some rockish typed music, I don't hate black people but I don't like alot of them, the ones that give me trouble and think they're all bad ***. As you can see, I pay attention in school (well not really, it's so boring but I try) and I know my words, I speak with good grammer, no not everything is perfect. I don't talk in this "ebonics" crap that tons of wiggers and people talk in.

I myself hate when there's a guy or girl (black, white, asian, whatever) riding in their ricer, escalade, hummer blasting their ****ty music, it's extremely annoying, although I would do it myself, just not with rap music :p ....

Ron89
01-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I bet alot of you guys see a kid walking down the street with long pants (not hanging off his ***, just long) and a "tall tee" shirt and you think "holy crap, god damn wigger", please don't judge a book by it's cover, you don't know a person you can't judge them just because of how they dress. I dress like a "wigger" I guess you can say, but I hate rap music, i listen to metal and some rockish typed music, I don't hate black people but I don't like alot of them, the ones that give me trouble and think they're all bad ***. As you can see, I pay attention in school (well not really, it's so boring but I try) and I know my words, I speak with good grammer, no not everything is perfect. I don't talk in this "ebonics" crap that tons of wiggers and people talk in.

I myself hate when there's a guy or girl (black, white, asian, whatever) riding in their ricer, escalade, hummer blasting their ****ty music, it's extremely annoying, although I would do it myself, just not with rap music :p ....
Um...If you see someone dressed like a "gangsta" theres a pretty good chance they like rap. Thats not really judging, thats putting 2 and 2 together. Why you are into metal and dress like that is your problem. I personally find it hilarious when I see people dressed like that but who cares, that my opinion. I too find it hard to like rap but oh well...nothing I can do about it. Also what are you trying to prove? There's always going to be an exception but that isn't going to sway people's opinions about gangstas. Just because you are an exception to a majority doesn't make the rest of them looks good. Congradulations on being different though...90% of kids fail at this. Also, a lot of my friends listen to rap and although I don't like it, I am still friends with them. When someone tries to live the life of a rapper, then I have a problem. But for the most part, my friends do well in school and stay out of trouble...they just like rap music.

sandmanblue
01-09-2007, 10:51 AM
And the conclusion is....

Be yourself, not somebody else. This thread is as much about how white/black/hispanic kids that act like gangstas are nothin but fools, as it is about them not being themselves. It's about people foolishly following trends instead of blazing new trails and not following people just to fit in.

It was said before that rap is popular - well, only because so many ppl are followers instead of leaders. Guys like Run DMC were leaders. I would never take that away from them. The deserve respect. Hendrix - leader, blazing his own trail. There's tons of examples. Today's rap (as was said not by me) just sucks compared to the older stuff... I'd have to take your word at it guys. Because it is comprised of followers. They all have the same videos, same big arse chicks, same "get ya hands in the air" blah, blah, blah...

But being a follower has brought gangsta posers into the mainstream and let's face it, thie kid I saw wasn't a gangsta. He was pretending to be something he isn't. And he is going to pay the price in life by acting like a loser. Look around at the successfful ppl around you - see any gangstas??? Probably not.....

Think about it for a while and see if you lead or follow because of what you do.

It takes leaders and winners to buck the system, steer straight when the road becomes cloudy and do what's right no matter how tough it gets. Even if you catch hell for "not being cool".

Cool (whatever your definition) is worth about a penny in a 5 cent store.

Villageidiott23
01-09-2007, 10:53 AM
old mcdonald had a farm e i e i o this is my kind of music, what you think of that u tool bags. hahahahah

01-09-2007, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxD-9ZK5VN0

400exrider989
01-09-2007, 05:35 PM
now that there is music everyone should like mostly guys but maybe some girls too ;)

One_Bad_400
01-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Cool (whatever your definition) is worth about a penny in a 5 cent store. [/B]

it also gets hotter chicks, and thats definitely worth more than a penny IMO :D

Cr85rRida
01-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Cool (whatever your definition) is worth about a penny in a 5 cent store.

yeah that and 2 dollars can get you on the bus tommorrow.:rolleyes:

sandmanblue
01-10-2007, 11:32 AM
it also gets hotter chicks, and thats definitely worth more than a penny IMO :D

Think so? I think we all know Bill Gates is a major nerd - you wanna bet how many chicks a single guy like him could get compared to some "cool" dude??? I'd bet they'd be much better quality too.

Besides, if a chick is going out with some guy only because he is "cool", then she won't stick around. She'll be off with the next guy she sees that is "cooler" or has more coin... That's not exactly the kind of girl anyone would be proud to go out with.

You might get a notch in your headboard, but that's worth less than the penny at that same store... Might also cost you dearly in child support...

One_Bad_400
01-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Think so?

no, i know so;)

01-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Whats so God damn appealing about Death Metal? Loud *** screaming that you cant even ****in understand? It Hurts my ears, and it sounds like ****, anyone can scream into a mic.

Whats so God damn appealing about Death Metal? Loud *** screaming that you cant even ****in understand? It Hurts my ears, and it sounds like ****, anyone can scream into a mic.

Hondadudeehhhh
01-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BrD MaN

im just going to disreguard your comment because it has nothing to back it up. Not only do they actually sing and write amazing guitar notes but the lyrics are unreal. What's your style of music? i understand why people dont like it, because its a a little too intense. But dont come on here saying its just screaming and no talent, thats just dumb

sandmanblue
01-11-2007, 02:34 PM
no, i know so;)

You're b-day according to your profile is - April 21, 1990. Not even 17. I bet you've had lot's of chicks by now... :rolleyes:

I'll take you seriously in about 20 years...

01-11-2007, 06:31 PM
I was being half true and half sarcastic with what i said. I Love how people say Rap takes no talent, I would like to see people who say that write something that goes together fluently.

I listen rap prodimently, but also enjoy some country, rock, and RB

One_Bad_400
01-11-2007, 06:43 PM
You're b-day according to your profile is - April 21, 1990. Not even 17. I bet you've had lot's of chicks by now... :rolleyes:

I'll take you seriously in about 20 years...

actually, two people use this proflie, I'm 21, I go to school at Ole Miss, girls come here JUST to be in an Ole Miss sorority, we have the highest percentage of greek stundents anywhere, I grew up in mississippi, and incase you've always lived out west, the girls in the south are on a whole different level than girls out there(MS has more mrs. usa winners than any other state and its not by random chance), and I guarantee I've got more quality *** than you could ever dream of, so keep sittin' by yourself watchin the girls gone wild: spring break sorority girls, cause those are the girls i'm actually gettin',

it was a nice try though, chuck :rolleyes:

01-11-2007, 07:50 PM
when will people learn there is different strokes for different folks...not everyone lieks the same type of music, but people should respect others choice

Ron89
01-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by BrD MaN
I was being half true and half sarcastic with what i said. I Love how people say Rap takes no talent, I would like to see people who say that write something that goes together fluently.

I listen rap prodimently, but also enjoy some country, rock, and RB
Talent? I doubt they even write their own stuff. And if you can't understand screaming metal lyrics, try listening to screaming rap lyrics...not a whole lot different. Also, I would give wayyy more credit to someone that nails a crazy guitar solo than someone that can say (not sing...god forbid) words in a short amount of time. I have heard a lot of rap songs and most that have singing are absolutely ridiculous. To me the only reason anyone would listen to it is to make their car hit like a mofo with the bass. To be honest...thats really the only time I hear it a lot. Its not about the lyrics at all...you can't even hear them over the bass. To me, being able to compose music and express feelings through intrumental music when a lot of musicians can't even read music is amazing. All of that comes from experience and creativity. Writing something that rhymes with something else just doesn't impress me much...sorry. Then add the computer generated sounds...and there you go. I am so embarassed when I have to ride in a car with my friends playing rap. In my opinion, not only does rap not sound that good ( TO ME) but it doesn't impress me much either.

01-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
T(not sing...god forbid)

Good. Saying a rapper is singing is like a diss. Rappers don't sing, they rap. And you probably never heard a real rap song, so you cant judge the lyrics. Your probably just going by the radio ****.

fandl450r
01-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Here's an idea. Who the hell cares? Different strokes for different folks.

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded."

Ron89
01-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Good. Saying a rapper is singing is like a diss. Rappers don't sing, they rap. And you probably never heard a real rap song, so you cant judge the lyrics. Your probably just going by the radio ****.
Ok then, since my opinion isn't good enough, what makes a "real" rap song opposed to all those "fake" ones? Also, is that what rap is all about? Throwing out a message? I listen to music to have fun and enjoy it...not listen to what people have to say...thats what AM radio is for lol. Again...thats my opinion. Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. If you like it then grats.

Also I'm not arguing. I stated an opinion.

400exrider989
01-12-2007, 07:46 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HSBvuqYcgvM

not amazing but its still harder than hitting a beat on a machine

400exrider989
01-12-2007, 07:56 PM
another http://youtube.com/watch?v=P6E3H3eZmBA&mode=related&search=

01-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Ron89
Ok then, since my opinion isn't good enough, what makes a "real" rap song opposed to all those "fake" ones? Also, is that what rap is all about? Throwing out a message? I listen to music to have fun and enjoy it...not listen to what people have to say...thats what AM radio is for lol. Again...thats my opinion. Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. If you like it then grats.

Also I'm not arguing. I stated an opinion.

A real rap song is something like Nas, tupac, biggie, and of bunch of other people. A fake rap song is like, Jibbs, lil jon etc.