PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Can't decide

Jorge72
01-05-2007, 01:08 PM
CARB OR TB

Hey guys and girls. I'm new to the forum. Right now I ride a 05 YZ 125. and a 84 Honda 250R.
But besides that. This next spring I'm going to by a quad. And i'm stuck between the new KFX or TRX 450's. I just want to know which one is better carburated or throttle body wise. . .as you know, the kaw has a throttle body and the honda with carbs. I'm just not sure. I know with the kaw I won't have to worry about re-jetting and such but at the same time I feel that the TB will restrict some mods due to a computer. Any posts will help. Thanks

05Z400rdr
01-05-2007, 02:18 PM
LTR

fastyz85
01-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Jorge72
CARB OR TB

Hey guys and girls. I'm new to the forum. Right now I ride a 05 YZ 125. and a 84 Honda 250R.
But besides that. This next spring I'm going to by a quad. And i'm stuck between the new KFX or TRX 450's. I just want to know which one is better carburated or throttle body wise. . .as you know, the kaw has a throttle body and the honda with carbs. I'm just not sure. I know with the kaw I won't have to worry about re-jetting and such but at the same time I feel that the TB will restrict some mods due to a computer. Any posts will help. Thanks

you can't own a 84 250r because they didn't make them then.

wolfpack91
01-05-2007, 04:37 PM
He didn't say it was a quad.

By the way "Jorge", you're going to make people think you're "Mr. Media Allstars" with that user name. Unless it is the ever clever Jorge himself.

Jorge72
01-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Good try on showing me up fastyz. IT's a three wheeler. but what's wrong with my name. I think my parents did a good job. I am hispanic ya know

wolfpack91
01-06-2007, 10:57 AM
It's a wonderful name.

So are you the Jorge (Media Allstars) that I know? If so, what youth production riders do you have for this season?

cdrookie
01-08-2007, 09:25 AM
you won't have to worry about rejetting with the kfx, instead you'll have to worry about the couple hundred you will need to spend on sometype of aftermarket software to reprogram the computer when you do some mods to it. and hope you get it tuned properly... but even these new carb models aren't easy to work on, trx is definately better than the yfz, but not as easy as the old 250R!

270 mechanic
01-10-2007, 02:31 PM
The Kawi is going to be the hottest quad on the market!!!!!

KingpinsEx
01-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Ummm i would go with the honda, look at how many years it has been out. All the defect's, if any, have been dealt with and its the best machine out right now. I would definietly trust it over a first year production quad, espically with alot of new features.....