PDA

View Full Version : Why not??

RAMIT
01-05-2007, 12:47 PM
OK I posted this same thread in the TRX450R forum and now it is time to see what you have to say. I am buying a quad in the next 12 to 12 months and am doing some homework so I can start saving some cash. What is your biggest complaint and why I should or should not buy an LT-R450?
Thanks,
Matt

csimp3
01-05-2007, 09:45 PM
well the only complaint i have is i cant stop thinkin about how much fun it is, and my girlfirend hates that i talk about my quad all the time, oh, and heres another one, i dont get to ride it enough, lol, seriously, the ltr is a great quad, i really like mine

Quady
01-06-2007, 12:41 AM
LTR 450 is a great quad, except for tranny whine!!!! other than that, wider body = more stability, EFI = no similar quad has, cheap and easy 7 HP gain...... good looking

so it is just the tranny and the tranny and the tranny :confused:

inragedtwitch
01-07-2007, 01:21 AM
As stated b4 that tranny whine can be fixed just by switch to a higher grade oil, and other thing bad about the LTR is the rear linkage for the shock wasnt welded all the way around b4 BUT suzuki step'd up and fixed it free of charge. Other things people complain about is the bottom end power, other than thoughs things i cant really think of anything else thats "bad" about the LT-R450. Hope this help'd

hondaracer31
01-07-2007, 05:59 AM
The shock linkage was only a problem on the early '06 quads.

RAMIT
01-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the help guys but it hasn't made my decision very easy. I guess it will come down to what I can get the best deal on when I am ready to buy one. I love the LT-R but my brothers both have 450Rs that is why this is difficult. If I needed something I could swap parts and stuff with them if I had the honda but... EFI and 49" wide is so sweet!! Thanks again.
Matt

Baracudaaa
01-08-2007, 01:50 PM
450r is a great atv, but get ready do drop some serious $$$$$ on a new suspension front and back, plus an HRC power up kit if you go with the Honda.