PDA

View Full Version : new battery gradually drains

farmertan
01-04-2007, 07:17 PM
The battery on my 4w gradually drains over a week's time, to the point where it is dead, even when the 4w is not run during that time. The battery is new, and once re-charged, the 4w starts and runs great and, the battery gets recharged while it is running (voltage at battery is good from alternator).

Something is happening to cause a slow and gradual drain. There is no obvious direct short that I can find. What would cause the gradual drain?

The problem seemed to start shortly after connecting the 4w to a tank sprayer with electric pump. The electric pump is designed and rated for the 4w, etc.

I have a 2003 Bombbardier Outlander.

Thanks

joshyz125
01-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Your best thing is to get an Amp meter, put it inline and check the draw from the battery, Then since you said it started once you put your sprayer on it, put the amp meter on it while it sitting, see if it's drawing there.

If you just CAN NOT find it,
I would recommend a battery Tender, They are great, i have 2 of them.

You just put this pigtail on your battery, and then when your done riding it for the day, put it in the garage, or barn, and plug it in, the tender keeps the battery full and helps with battery life.