PDA

View Full Version : GNC Nats. new rules

D-7#61-450r
01-04-2007, 05:25 PM
I was looking at the atva web site today and read into a few new rules for 2007. You may want to look into them.
http://www.atvaonline.com/News/07/MX_sup_rules.asp

Nick110
01-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Ehh Im not to fond of it but I knew it was coming.

And I will have to see the DB test in person to believe that the top pros quads were 99db's or lower. Those engines screamed.

01-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Yea, there engines didn't sound like 99db's at all last year

coolguy8769
01-04-2007, 08:45 PM
**** if they really follow up on this (doubt they will) i'm screwed!!

i have the loudest quad at the track by far!! but thats what a big core Curtis Sparks pipe does....:scary:

jrspawn
01-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah, the DB rule sucks for alot of people for different reasons. And the Pro class was Def. Not under 99DB. when on the track(they might have been in the pits at idle). Heck most of them were just as loud as TC pipes out there. I really hate to see what this does to alot of the ameture's of the sport that dont have a huge budget to work with. Anyone out there with pretty much any race exhuast from this year isnt going to pass the 99db. limit(or last i have a extremely hard time believing they will) But who knows...... I think the last thing the ATVA wants to do is have the first race of the season and piss off what racers they have that show up by telling them, your too loud. Not alot of people have access to test there ehuast before heading to a race.

Justin

Bart
01-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Isn't the 99db rule NEW for 2007? If so, what does it matter how loud the pros were last year?

As long as everyone has to meet the same 99db rule, isn't it fair to everyone?

And how does the rule hurt amateurs? Just save some money and run the stock exhaust.

cletusEX
01-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Bart
Isn't the 99db rule NEW for 2007? If so, what does it matter how loud the pros were last year?

As long as everyone has to meet the same 99db rule, isn't it fair to everyone?

And how does the rule hurt amateurs? Just save some money and run the stock exhaust.

The pros had a 99 db sound limit last year. I think what some meant by hurting the amatuers is people having to go out and buy a new pipe to get them under the limit. A lot of pipes out there now will not pass. From my experience with sound testing (GNCC racing) it was never consistent. If you didn't pass you just got back in line and more than likely passed the second time. The GNCCs went from 102 to 99 for next year so it will be interesting if they test and how the different pipes compare.

Ripitupfilms
01-05-2007, 12:43 PM
so what performance pipe meets this limit

gibson400ex
01-05-2007, 01:10 PM
hardly any beats that 99db

id say about 4-5 companys

SRH
01-05-2007, 03:55 PM
i know my dubach with the quiet core in claims 91db

D-7#61-450r
01-05-2007, 03:57 PM
I remeber when the pros had to get tested in 05 there was alot of questions on the actual test. I do know that yosh, white bros made pipes under 99 i think Farr was 98. last year at the 2 nats I went to there was no testing of pros. so how do we really know that they actually met requirements. I do not disagree with noise regulations as long as it does save tracks to ride at. One of our riding places we run quite pipes, sure the power is not the same but it is that way for everyone. And after a couple years of riding we can still ride there. But I do love the thunder on a holeshot!