PDA

View Full Version : 450r vs 250r

450rcrazy022692
01-04-2007, 04:12 PM
I know there are many threads about this, im not looking for arguements im jsut looking to see people opions because im debating on which to get. Can you guys help list the pros and cons of both?

Thanks Frank

01-04-2007, 04:24 PM
450- more expensive, newer, more tourque, more mvoing parts to break, easier to ride

250r- less moving parts, cheaper, better handling, takes more skill to ride, more clutch work..

both are great quads, just from different times

PismoLocal
01-04-2007, 04:38 PM
250r's are pieces of ATV history .

honda300EXtreme
01-04-2007, 04:43 PM
id get the 450r, its up to date, more torque, better suspension, easier to find, its a four stroke :D

but dont get me wrong i like both bikes, i love hondas, just my opinion

Sjorge450R
01-04-2007, 04:44 PM
two strokes are slowly dying. In D-6 XC there are 5 tops each race.

krt400ex
01-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
250r's are pieces of ATV history .

and a hell of alot more fun... i love to listen to those engines scream

450rcrazy022692
01-04-2007, 06:06 PM
thanks for the help in your opinions whats more reliable?

yellow400ex05
01-04-2007, 06:20 PM
the 250 is definately more reliable if you know how to ride it right. Like someone mentioned not so many moving parts and much much easier to work on. Cosidering the fact that a 450cc quad is a race bred machine from the factory and will take more TLC to keep up to par. Now the 450 you may think because it is 4-stroke that it wont need rebuilds as often, well it does maybe every like idk 100 hours or so, not sure so don't quote me on that like i mentioned its a race quad with alot of new technology in it. The old 04' and 05' 450r's had the crank bearing go out and the newer ones have e-start probs and some may have weak trannys. If i were you I'd get the older 04' 05' 450rs have a better crank bearing put in and it will be more reliable in the long run stock AND modified vs the newer ones.

Aceman
01-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Flip a coin.

red4ever
01-04-2007, 11:34 PM
250R!

MX MaNiAc 06
01-05-2007, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by yellow400ex05
the 250 is definately more reliable if you know how to ride it right. Like someone mentioned not so many moving parts and much much easier to work on. Cosidering the fact that a 450cc quad is a race bred machine from the factory and will take more TLC to keep up to par. Now the 450 you may think because it is 4-stroke that it wont need rebuilds as often, well it does maybe every like idk 100 hours or so, not sure so don't quote me on that

More TLC to keep up to par? Like changing the oil, filter, clean the air filter, lube chain? Ive got way over 100 rough hours on mine n could go till next year without a rebuild.

250rs are just so old that things will break on them u would never expect. Finding parts is much harder too. My friend cant find a chain or kicker for his 250r. The frames are so old they would crack easier than a newer 450.

If ur into 2 strokes and dont mind fixing stuff constantly get a 250r. They are fun quads to ride. But they are nowhere near as reliable as a 450.

hondardr4life
01-05-2007, 04:20 AM
I'd haveto disagree. Just replace the piston and rings (40 minute job) on a 250r every winter and you'll never have any problems. Theres just nothing to them, so theres nothing to break.. And yes, they are just as fast.

Mean250r
01-05-2007, 06:38 AM
well last season i sold my fully modded 250r, long travel and everything for 4500, it was a fully modded bike

i bought my YFZ stcok for 4000 and had to dumb a carp load of money into it to get it like the 250r. Do i like the 450? yeah but they are more expensive. And which is faster? it really depends, if theres alot of turns on the track the the 450 would be better, but if there straights you cannt beat a 250r.

guy who said something about suspension, there are barely any 250r's still around with stock suspension. if you want a full mx bike and your limited on money, go with the 250r. if you have the money go 4 stroke

450rcrazy022692
01-05-2007, 09:32 AM
I already have a 450r with alot of work into it, I think im just gunna build a 250r from the ground up. Or buy a e-start 450 and finance it.

krt400ex
01-05-2007, 09:35 AM
don't buy the estarts....ppl r having major probs with the starters going bad...and its not covered under warrenty and it costs like $300 to fix. my buddy owns a performance shop and he has had to do so many of them he can't count. no joke. just get a kicker or the 250R....i think if u want to consider the fun factor....the 250R is a better choice

cdrookie
01-05-2007, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
[B

250rs are just so old that things will break on them u would never expect. Finding parts is much harder too. My friend cant find a chain or kicker for his 250r. The frames are so old they would crack easier than a newer 450.

those 520 series chains can be elusive...:confused: :rolleyes:

and those 20 year old 250R frames have been known to crack, unlike those 1 year old 450R frame...:rolleyes:

01-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I haven't ridden teh 450R, but I just can't imagine anything as sweet as my old 250R.

I know the 450R has more torque, but there's something about that screaming 2 stroke and the power hitting you like a freight train ......

In the sweet spot of the power band, the 250R is just awesome.

Anyone can ride a 450R and do pretty well with it. To really make the 250R shine takes skillz.

sandmanblue
01-05-2007, 12:26 PM
As if there were not enough threads on this... :rolleyes:

The 250r hasn't been made since 1989. Unless you can find one that hasn't been ridden and has been in dry storage (good luck on that), it's going to have a lot of use. Usage means wear and wear means replacing parts. Expect to spend money replacing many more things on the 250. As the years go by, there will be less and less parts available. Can't help that. It seems silly to buy a 20 year old machine that you know will need parts unless you spend a lot more money and get one that has everything already replaced and upgraded. Then you still have a machine that is harder to find parts for and likely has been ridden hard.

The arguement of the 250 being cheaper to own doesn't hold any water. If they were both new machines, it would be different and I think that some of the people here are thinking of it that way... But they are not both new. All the articles about 2 stroke and 4 stroke maintenance are about new motors and do not compare a 20 year old machine to a new machine.

Bushings, bearings, chains, plastic, shocks, brakes, cables, air filters, tires, clutch, piston, crank, water pump, radiators, hoses, trans gears... ALL of them are going to be worn more than on a newer 450. Even if you bought the oldest 450, there's no way you could put 20 years worth of use on it to equal what that 250 has seen and might need (if it hasn't been done already). You also run the risk of buying one that some backyard bozo ported with his dremel, or it was held together with JB Weld inside the motor. You cannot tell.

I didn't even get into the aspects of how they ride and how fast they are, because in reality, there's too many opinions out there to deal with.

The 250r is like a classic car. With enough work, you can make it as nice as a newer car. But the point is, you will have to work on it. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise. AND it won't be "nicer" than the newer 450. For the sake of this discussion, let's just say it will be the same - just to keep the arguements down. You'll spend more time and money on something that is only the same as something new. If you like that idea - then there's your answer.

You'll have to work on the 450 too. But there's much less to be concerned about since they are not 20 years old. Plus, most of the aftermarket is now focused on the 450 class quads, so there are more choices and newer products. When is the last time you saw a company introduce a new product for the 250r?

As far as "fun" to ride - that's a personal thing. No one can tell you what is more fun for YOU.

Of course there is the most important questions of all - where are you going to ride, and have you ridden both of them yourself to compare? It's your decision not ours. Go take a spin on them and tell us all what you think.

450rcrazy022692
01-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by sandmanblue
As if there were not enough threads on this... :rolleyes:

The 250r hasn't been made since 1989. Unless you can find one that hasn't been ridden and has been in dry storage (good luck on that), it's going to have a lot of use. Usage means wear and wear means replacing parts. Expect to spend money replacing many more things on the 250. As the years go by, there will be less and less parts available. Can't help that. It seems silly to buy a 20 year old machine that you know will need parts unless you spend a lot more money and get one that has everything already replaced and upgraded. Then you still have a machine that is harder to find parts for and likely has been ridden hard.

The arguement of the 250 being cheaper to own doesn't hold any water. If they were both new machines, it would be different and I think that some of the people here are thinking of it that way... But they are not both new. All the articles about 2 stroke and 4 stroke maintenance are about new motors and do not compare a 20 year old machine to a new machine.

Bushings, bearings, chains, plastic, shocks, brakes, cables, air filters, tires, clutch, piston, crank, water pump, radiators, hoses, trans gears... ALL of them are going to be worn more than on a newer 450. Even if you bought the oldest 450, there's no way you could put 20 years worth of use on it to equal what that 250 has seen and might need (if it hasn't been done already). You also run the risk of buying one that some backyard bozo ported with his dremel, or it was held together with JB Weld inside the motor. You cannot tell.

I didn't even get into the aspects of how they ride and how fast they are, because in reality, there's too many opinions out there to deal with.

The 250r is like a classic car. With enough work, you can make it as nice as a newer car. But the point is, you will have to work on it. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise. AND it won't be "nicer" than the newer 450. For the sake of this discussion, let's just say it will be the same - just to keep the arguements down. You'll spend more time and money on something that is only the same as something new. If you like that idea - then there's your answer.

You'll have to work on the 450 too. But there's much less to be concerned about since they are not 20 years old. Plus, most of the aftermarket is now focused on the 450 class quads, so there are more choices and newer products. When is the last time you saw a company introduce a new product for the 250r?

As far as "fun" to ride - that's a personal thing. No one can tell you what is more fun for YOU.

Of course there is the most important questions of all - where are you going to ride, and have you ridden both of them yourself to compare? It's your decision not ours. Go take a spin on them and tell us all what you think.

Yea there are many of these threads but most of them are of people argueing and are in the past so instead of bringing back one that has alot of argueing i just posted one on not which is better, but the main difference becuase honestly i havent ridden a TRUE 250r. My friend has one but he bought it in august and only ridden it 2 times for more than 2 hours. He has spent alot of time and money trying to make it run right and in a little bit im going in my garage to work on it some more cause it doesnt run again.

I understand what you mean by the reliability, the only thing is i dont know how to do the valves and that stuff and the 250 is easier to do the engine stuff. And IMO your right about the arguements of the 2strokes are more reliable (in 1986 not in 2007) and thats what i wanted to see cause my friends 250 is always breaking and i got the impression it was a POS (his quad not the 250r's) and wanted to see if it was like that on all the 250's.

And if someone has a big disagreement don't post it here PM me so this doesnt start a whole big thread of fights.

01-05-2007, 01:26 PM
I didn't have any reliability issues with my 250R.

Of course, I had replaced most all the stock parts with aftermarket performance parts.

I would have the motor rebuilt once a year - new piston and rings, and cylinder bored if necessary.

I doubt you could say one is definitively better than the other - they are just different.

If you like 2 stroke power, you'll LOVE the 250R.

And I'm sure if yer a girly man, you'll love the 450R. :devil:

j/k - If you like 4 stroke power, you'll love the 450R.

:)

sandmanblue
01-05-2007, 01:35 PM
If you look at the 4 stroke as the same thing as a 2 stroke as far as the bottom end goes, the only major difference is the top end. Somebody is saying "no duh.. I know, I know..."

If you can use a feeler gauge and a torque wrench, you can adjust or reshim valves. If you've ever done a 2 stroke top end, it's just one more step in complexity to do a thumper. Most people are afraid of cams and valves and cam chains, but it's fear based on not having done it before. Unless you're one of those guys that shouldn't be allowed to own tools (we all know people like that :D ), then you'll do fine. There's tons of online articles on how to do stuff.

What else is there to do on a thumper? New valves ~$100 + $100 for a valve job. Maybe another $75 for misc parts etc. Pistons last longer on the thumper. Cam chains, springs and cams last a long time unless you put a Web 208 cam in it - just an example of an abusive race only cam. But that's it... The rest of the quad is a wash as far as replacement parts cost.

More expensive? Sure, and at some point in the future, the 4 stroke will eventually cost more to own including all the suspension stuff and other wear parts. I would contend that it will be more reliable due to being newer than an older machine, and that offsets that cost. How much is it worth to you to be able to go ride and not have the quad break? Nobody here can say that things like cdi's and coils and stators last forever. They eventually break. With any 20 year old machine you are just that much closer to "eventually"...

The fact that your friend has a 250r and you are working on it to get it to run is a perfect example of what I have been saying.

Go to www.rockinhorseweb.com to see some how to's for thumpers.

sandmanblue
01-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by garandman
I didn't have any reliability issues with my 250R.

Of course, I had replaced most all the stock parts with aftermarket performance parts......

And I'm sure if yer a girly man, you'll love the 450R. :devil:

j/k - If you like 4 stroke power, you'll love the 450R.

:)

I like you Sally. That's why I kill you last.....

What a funny guy. :D

You know I was thinking about what people keep typing... i.e., 2 stroke power and 4 stroke power. How would you describe them?

My description would be that the 2 stroke comes on soft until it hits its powerband, then suddenly pulls much harder, then tapers off quickly. It has a very quick hit when on the pipe, but when it falls off the pipe, it loses power very quickly. Anywhere other than the farily narrow rpm range when its on the pipe, it doesn't make good power at all.

The 4 stroke makes immediate power right off of idle then builds into a major midrange (and even high rpm in the case of the yfz) pull. No matter where you are in the rpm range, it pulls hard. There is no sudden rush - just a long hard pull. If you bog the thumper or over-rev it, it still pulls, but not as well. You can lug it as well as rev it out.

There is a sensation of power on the 2 stroke that makes people think they make more power than they really do. We are talking about 250's and 450's here and for arguements sake, these are both 45 hp machines. Since the bootm end is so soft on the 2 stroke, it seems to pull harder suddenly. The problem is that it is harder to control and much harder to keep the wheels from breaking loose and spinning. The thumper hooks up and drives the quad forward, wheras the 2 stroke spins it's tires.

That is my impression, and considering I have owned a 250r, a Banshee as well as my trx450, I believe it is honest and accurate.

300excrazy98
01-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by 450rcrazy022692
Yea there are many of these threads but most of them are of people argueing and are in the past so instead of bringing back one that has alot of argueing i just posted one on not which is better, but the main difference becuase honestly i havent ridden a TRUE 250r. My friend has one but he bought it in august and only ridden it 2 times for more than 2 hours. He has spent alot of time and money trying to make it run right and in a little bit im going in my garage to work on it some more cause it doesnt run again.

I understand what you mean by the reliability, the only thing is i dont know how to do the valves and that stuff and the 250 is easier to do the engine stuff. And IMO your right about the arguements of the 2strokes are more reliable (in 1986 not in 2007) and thats what i wanted to see cause my friends 250 is always breaking and i got the impression it was a POS (his quad not the 250r's) and wanted to see if it was like that on all the 250's.

And if someone has a big disagreement don't post it here PM me so this doesnt start a whole big thread of fights.

This 250r he is talking about is my quad, you didnt get teh full story about it and y i have only ridden it a handfull of times

I bought the quad for $1700 thought it was such a good deal i looked past all the negative, and i didnt know what to look for in them when buying them used... Cracked frame... Didnt look, it was cracked, compression, needed a new top end, axle and swingarm bearings, they were shot, had to buy all new ones, and that was about it, I would have had this thing running in the first week i had it but i didnt know anything about these. All i had to buy was the bearings, top end, and a couple of gaskets

all in all i love the thing to death, but i regret buying it... But when it runs, it just blows me away, i wouldnt sell it for anything

sandmanblue
01-05-2007, 02:31 PM
"all in all i love the thing to death, but i regret buying it..."

What do you love about it? I would bet that you would love the same exact things on another quad that was just as fast and handled just as well.

I know what it's like to be limited on funds and can only afford so much. I also know what it's like to not know what I am buying and end up with a lot more work than I had planned. Hope it gets better for you.

01-05-2007, 02:45 PM
as far as the power goes, both make good power, its just 2 strokes are more wild and crazy to ride and takes more skill, th 450s are well, easy to ride and not as exciting

deathman53
01-05-2007, 03:32 PM
they are both about the same, the people I ride, we ride 2 and 4 strokes. We work on our bikes about the same amount. My 4 stroke friends adjust their valves , change oil contantly and re-do the top ends about every year. I mostly ride 2 strokes, I change the oil about every 4-5 rides, new reeds every 6 months, top ends usually last me along time. A far as 20 yr old parts, many 250r's don't have the stock parts on them, the 250r was the premier racing machine till 03, many of the 250r's have new parts on them. My 250r's have most of the parts rebuilt/new except the frames, even my 250r trike.
A well maintaned 250r is just as reilable as a new 450, yes, things break, but they break on the newer bikes too. I have to wonder this one...........the last 250r was made in 89, honda still hasn't released a bike handles as good as them, isn't this sad?????
I own 4 strokes also, crf450r 250r geometry hybrid, ktm 450exc, xr250r and 86 atc200x. I have a trx and atc 250r, both are very heavily modded for mx racing, I had a woods modded atc250r and I am building a woods modded trx250r out of spare parts I have. I ride my 2 strokes the most and usually the atc250r.

Xater
01-05-2007, 03:57 PM
not another argument with sandman and the 250r guys.....:rolleyes:

krt400ex
01-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I like you Sally. That's why I kill you last.....

What a funny guy. :D

You know I was thinking about what people keep typing... i.e., 2 stroke power and 4 stroke power. How would you describe them?

My description would be that the 2 stroke comes on soft until it hits its powerband, then suddenly pulls much harder, then tapers off quickly. It has a very quick hit when on the pipe, but when it falls off the pipe, it loses power very quickly. Anywhere other than the farily narrow rpm range when its on the pipe, it doesn't make good power at all.

The 4 stroke makes immediate power right off of idle then builds into a major midrange (and even high rpm in the case of the yfz) pull. No matter where you are in the rpm range, it pulls hard. There is no sudden rush - just a long hard pull. If you bog the thumper or over-rev it, it still pulls, but not as well. You can lug it as well as rev it out.

There is a sensation of power on the 2 stroke that makes people think they make more power than they really do. We are talking about 250's and 450's here and for arguements sake, these are both 45 hp machines. Since the bootm end is so soft on the 2 stroke, it seems to pull harder suddenly. The problem is that it is harder to control and much harder to keep the wheels from breaking loose and spinning. The thumper hooks up and drives the quad forward, wheras the 2 stroke spins it's tires.

That is my impression, and considering I have owned a 250r, a Banshee as well as my trx450, I believe it is honest and accurate.

ur exactly right, but i think there is more of a fun factor with a 2 stroke...although they take more skill to ride fast because of the narrow focus power delivery. but they also make 2x the HP per cc...it u had a 450 2 stroke in a 250R chassis, then it ouwl beat any quad on the planet....

300excrazy98
01-05-2007, 07:31 PM
"all in all i love the thing to death, but i regret buying it..."

What do you love about it? I would bet that you would love the same exact things on another quad that was just as fast and handled just as well.

I know what it's like to be limited on funds and can only afford so much. I also know what it's like to not know what I am buying and end up with a lot more work than I had planned. Hope it gets better for you.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well I just love it because its a thrill to ride, the 450 450rcrazy022692 has is just to boring for me... The ride just isnt the same, I dont want to go back to a 4 stroke.

It wasnt that i was really limited on funds, just that i love to work on things, and learn how they work. This quad has taught me so much that i couldnt learn anywhere else. Really it was my mistake, and i got what i deserved. you know what they say, you get what you pay for... I mean the whole quad is just about aftermarket except for the frame and a arms... I should have known something was a little sketchy at first...

sandmanblue
01-06-2007, 02:09 PM
I have one last question. Do you people that like the 250r want to go slower when you ride by choosing a two stroke?

Now, before you answer, remember, I have heard several people say that the 2 stroke takes more skill to ride fast. And since each and every one of us has the same set of skills whether we are on a 4 stroke or a 2 stroke, if it takes "x" amount of skill to ride a 2 stroke fast, then it stands to reason that using the same skill level, you'd go faster on a 4 stroke 450...

See what I am saying? If it's harder to ride the 250r, then that means you will have an easier time riding the 450 at the same speed. If you apply the same amount of effort and skill to both quads, you would go faster on the 450...

Somebody tell me where that logic is flawed.

After racing both a CR250 as well as a CRF450, and I went faster on the 450, I would say you guys are right. 2 strokes are harder to ride. But that means it is a handicap and you are limiting your speed because of the 2 stroke motor...

It doesn't mean you are a better rider, it means you work harder on the 250r, right?

trick250r
01-06-2007, 03:34 PM
ok heres the deal... i love my 450r. its got all kinds of power right where you need it. as far as technology goes, its at the top. 4-strokes are the thing now. like i said, i love my 450r and i wouldnt trade it for anything... except a 250r. the 450's dont even come close to my old 330r... yea it takes some skill to ride it, but its a lot more fun and less expensive. go for a 250.

cdrookie
01-06-2007, 04:07 PM
why is this still going on? it's always the same thing...everyone has an opinion and someone the whole way across the country is trying to tell them they're wrong.

ford vs chevy
bikes vs quads
thumb vs twist
2stroke vs four
republicans vs democrats
war vs no war
t!ts vs *****

who's right, who's wrong, who cares?

some people can ride a 250R like it's nobodys business, some people can't. some are faster on a 4 stroke, some aren't.

:ermm:

450rcrazy022692
01-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks for everyone who posted, it helped alot and there no need to post anymore opinions becuase its gunna jsut get nasty soon.

krt400ex
01-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by 450rcrazy022692
Thanks for everyone who posted, it helped alot and there no need to post anymore opinions becuase its gunna jsut get nasty soon.

so...wut u goin to get?

450rcrazy022692
01-08-2007, 06:52 PM
450 not sure what kind/year

01-09-2007, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by cdrookie
why is this still going on? it's always the same thing...everyone has an opinion and someone the whole way across the country is trying to tell them they're wrong.

This man CLEARLY does not "get" the world wide interweb.

:devil:

Titanium
01-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
I'd haveto disagree. Just replace the piston and rings (40 minute job) on a 250r every winter and you'll never have any problems. Theres just nothing to them, so theres nothing to break.. And yes, they are just as fast.

Im gonna have to call BS on your part. I've raced a few 250 r's and my kfx has more top end and low end than those things(stock for stock). i've even beat clutch22's 250r and he has a somewhat fresh bore on it from the last guy who owned it. and he has stock gearing. and now that i've got my pipe and carb and k&n air filter i can walk all over mildly set up 250r's all day. my opinion get the 450r you wont be disappointed. i kno many guys with 2 strokes and they say that if they had to do it all again they wouldnt even mess with the 2 stroke idea.

krt400ex
01-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
Im gonna have to call BS on your part. I've raced a few 250 r's and my kfx has more top end and low end than those things(stock for stock). i've even beat clutch22's 250r and he has a somewhat fresh bore on it from the last guy who owned it. and he has stock gearing. and now that i've got my pipe and carb and k&n air filter i can walk all over mildly set up 250r's all day. my opinion get the 450r you wont be disappointed. i kno many guys with 2 strokes and they say that if they had to do it all again they wouldnt even mess with the 2 stroke idea.

sry, but im calling bs on u....there is no way a kfx will beat a 250R pipe, or stock...it won't happen.

that was like me saying that i can beat a stock banshee on my 400ex anyday of the week:rolleyes:

clutch22
01-09-2007, 05:00 PM

Now, now, colton... I told u to keep it a secret... lol.... and you absolutely dont have more top end than me... and yes my gears are the stock $h!ty ones....
People might say that 250R's are money pits.... that before you know it you'll have thousands of dollars in it.... The only thing that makes that statement true is that you will send money on it because it is like an addiction... you'll do it cause you want to have the R with the most mods and a big R engine stuffed in it. ...I still swear that there is absolutely no quad that is "more funner" to ride than a 250R.... They are low and wide and uncomparable to the tall tippy quads today...
.. the 450R is a good quad.. my brother had one and it was fun to ride. it's all just what you like when u ride... more torque, or more screemin top end power...

And just so there's no hard feelings, Titanium has smoked modded 450R's with his KFX 400.

Titanium
01-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
sry, but im calling bs on u....there is no way a kfx will beat a 250R pipe, or stock...it won't happen.

that was like me saying that i can beat a stock banshee on my 400ex anyday of the week:rolleyes:

think wat you want but even a few members on the site have witnessed me do it. Clutch22 was one of them. i've also even beat yfz450's with s/o's(only two diff quads). i really dont care wtf you think because im not gonna have some kid on the internet who thinks he knows wat he's talkin about just because he read it of the internet. im out of this discussion. THE END.:scary:

sandmanblue
01-10-2007, 08:29 AM
i've also even beat yfz450's with s/o's(only two diff quads).

You're saying that your 35 hp kfx400 beat a 40+ hp yfz in a drag race????

C'mon... :rolleyes:

You can't be serious...

clutch22
01-10-2007, 08:34 AM
You're saying that your 35 hp kfx400 beat a 40+ hp yfz in a drag race????

C'mon... :rolleyes:

You can't be serious...

Yes he beat the frickin yfz.... i was there i saw it i flaged the race....

krt400ex
01-10-2007, 09:10 AM
im calling BS on clutch22 and titanium...there is no way in hell that that will happen unless the yfz rider was 2 yrs old

ugottabayou
01-10-2007, 09:27 AM
im calling BS on clutch22 and titanium...there is no way in hell that that will happen unless the yfz rider was 2 yrs old

Then call bs on me too if you want. I was running in the drag races at waynoka that titanium beat the 450r's and the yfz's. I was on a 440ex, and yes I also beat the 450r's every time and the yfz's a couple times. They kept asking me and titanium both what special mods we had on our quads.

Every good rider on this site knows that its not all the quad that matters. Its the rider, it has been said a lot on this site! But yes you need a capable quad to advance your riding level. We don't need to let our ego's get in the way of "who's quad is the fastest" or "who is the best rider". It has been done on this site too many times and people have been BANNED for it. We don't need people accusing each other of being little kids saying that they think their quad is the fastest because it is a super special 4 wheeler that nobody can beat.

Original starter of the thread: Ride both, pick one you like. I personally would get the 450r because I like 4 strokes and low end torque. Its your preference and you should be happy with your decision.

450rcrazy022692
01-10-2007, 10:40 AM
I agree its not only about the quad becuase ive seen people on 450's get beat by a 400ex stock

And yes i will be satisfied with my decision and most likely get the yfz

krt400ex
01-10-2007, 11:01 AM
in a straight up drag race a yfz and 450R with a s/o will beat a 400ex or z400 that is pipes hands down. through the woods i will agree that a stock 400ex could be a 450r or yfz. that is somthin i have done, but it will not happen in a drag.

Titanium
01-10-2007, 11:29 AM
in a straight up drag race a yfz and 450R with a s/o will beat a 400ex or z400 that is pipes hands down. through the woods i will agree that a stock 400ex could be a 450r or yfz. that is somthin i have done, but it will not happen in a drag.

alright then just for you i'll take a dam camcorder next time we go down to the dunes. and we will take video and prove it to you.

bwamos
01-10-2007, 01:21 PM
I've been to Wynoka many times. I see the YFZ's/450R's get smoked by 400ex's all the time.

One reason why is because people tend to over paddle their 450's, and don't adjust their gearing.
I've seen 450's w/ 23" 10 paddle extremes w/ stock gearing.

Wynoka sand will suck the holy living horsepower out of an ATV that isn't setup right.

Hell I've even beat a few of them on my wimpy *** 330ex that is set up for woods. And I Suck big time at drag racing.. lol.