PDA

View Full Version : how do u fix a lean jet?

brettg
01-04-2007, 03:44 PM
well i ahve the dj 118 in my 300ex and finally got iy to run......my prolbem was that my battry was almost dead so i hooked it up to a truck n let it charge...it fired right up n ran decent.....i took it around the block once or twice n then came bakc n chekced the plug....it was almost a gray color...so i figured it was lean....im not sure whether i shood drop in the dj needle that camre with my kit....i forgot to do that and some people said ti didnt matter wether the needle was stock or whether it needed to b the one from dynojet.....if u can answert that please reply....and secondly.....wat do u tinhk i shood hop up to for a main jet if 118 is too lean.im trying not to make this liek a wohle day ordeal...i jsut wanna ride......any replies wopod b helpful thanks

Glamis400ex
01-04-2007, 05:03 PM
good lord....what an abortion THAT was...LOL^^^

brettg
01-04-2007, 05:11 PM
lol i know i sound liek an idiot but im only 12 and im jsut trying to figure it out....thanks for ur help

400exstud
01-04-2007, 06:39 PM
We are here to help you but please clean your typing up a little. I am not trying to be mean, but who will want to burn their time up trying to de-code what you just wrote. Try to use correct spelling and punctuation.

brettg
01-04-2007, 06:53 PM
my badd.....im terrible at typing but ill retype wut i said before

well i gave the dynojet 118 in my 300ex and finally got it to run......my problem was that my battery was almost dead so i hooked it up to a truck n let it charge...it fired right up n ran decent.....i took it around the block once or twice n then came back and checked the plug....it was almost a gray color...so i figured it was lean....im not sure whether i shood drop in the dynojet needle that came with my kit....i forgot to do that and some people said it didnt matter whether the needle was stock or whether it needed to be the one from dynojet kit.....if u can answer that please reply....and secondly.....wat do u think i shood hop up to for a main jet if 118 is too lean...........

400eXr1d3rZ
01-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by brettg
my badd.....im terrible at typing but ill retype wut i said before

well i gave the dynojet 118 in my 300ex and finally got it to run......my problem was that my battery was almost dead so i hooked it up to a truck n let it charge...it fired right up n ran decent.....i took it around the block once or twice n then came back and checked the plug....it was almost a gray color...so i figured it was lean....im not sure whether i shood drop in the dynojet needle that came with my kit....i forgot to do that and some people said it didnt matter whether the needle was stock or whether it needed to be the one from dynojet kit.....if u can answer that please reply....and secondly.....wat do u think i shood hop up to for a main jet if 118 is too lean...........

Go up about one size, see how that works, when it gets to the point of being a tanish brownish color that's where the fine tuning comes in. Needle and Fuel screw.

ryanh250ex
01-05-2007, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't take much of a opinion of how your jetting is by your plug color. Today's gasoline has more additives and detergents than ever before- in other words, more stuff to throw off the color of your plug when your trying out your jetting.

a DJ118 is like a keihin 112, which sounds too small. I dont know what kind of temperatures or elevation your bike sees so i can't say for sure whether you are lean or not. Was it cutting out or backfiring?

What modifications does the 300ex have?

Sjorge450R
01-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
I wouldn't take much of a opinion of how your jetting is by your plug color. Today's gasoline has more additives and detergents than ever before- in other words, more stuff to throw off the color of your plug when your trying out your jetting.

a DJ118 is like a keihin 112, which sounds too small. I dont know what kind of temperatures or elevation your bike sees so i can't say for sure whether you are lean or not. Was it cutting out or backfiring?

What modifications does the 300ex have?

no you got it backwards. I ran a 128 DJ MJ in my 300ex. The 128DJ is almost a 140 kehin

and yes YOU DO HAVE TO USE THE DJ NEEDLE WITH THE DJ JETS!!