PDA

View Full Version : its alive

ltzcastle400
01-04-2007, 01:58 PM
hay guys whats up this is my first forum so lets go well i hydro locked my quad up a week before labor day at silver lake dunes well that was it quad payments on my 2005 ltz-400 trucks houses etc. i was done for awhile so starts my adventure i got home tore it down found bent piston rod cracked jug :( so i went to dealer after finding out 450.00$ for jug 195.00$ for piston i left and went home to ebay got a stock 03 piston @ jug for 90.00$ i was :) than it came in. (by the way this quad sat in my garage for about two months before i went to ebay for parts) i ordered a hot rods rod kit and decided to by a new numara teflon piston put it together took about 6 weeks to do it friend works at local bike shop did the machine work well you know how long that can take, it runs and good :cool: so last week went to leota trails in MI 12-30-06 sat. beat the crap out of me and the quad and was impressed how it felt a little stronger than when i bought it wether it be the rod kit or numara teflon piston i am happy well got to go by the way i belong to a club here in MI we have a camp up north we ride rite from my camper to the trails in rscomon county it is legal to ride on side of county roads let me know if you guys are interrested in riding or joining see ya

PeeWee21
01-04-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm glad it's running good for you! If you want a ton of info about a z/kfx/dvx 400....go to www.z400central.com.

montycarlo
01-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ltzcastle400
:( so i went to dealer after finding out 450.00$ for jug 195.00$

Better to buy an Athena kit than stock parts I guess! :D

Glad you've got it running - now you can start re-modding it! :)

drnez
01-08-2007, 11:11 AM
My group of buddies ride out in st. helen all the time, we usually park right off of 75, exit 222. I have a cabin about 4 miles off the expressway on the other side of town (st helen) right on the au sable river.