PDA

View Full Version : PEP ARC big bottles worth it??

NacsMXer
01-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Alright, I currently have a set of PEP ZPS shocks( non ARC, standard rezzies - 21 clicks) with a standard travel front end and I am converting everything to LT.

I am comparing a set of LT PEP ARC's with the big bottles (8 clicks) and a set of LT PEP's that are non ARC with the standard rezzies (21 clicks).

I can get the non ARC PEP's for an absolute steal but I am wondering how worth it the big bottles and rebound adjustment is.

Would you say it is worth $4-500 to have that rebound adjustability and big bottles or would I be just fine with the standard LT PEP's?

Whatever shocks I buy will be sent to Baldwin Motorsports for a full rebuild. I'd like some input from people who have tried both sets of shocks to tell me if there is much of a difference and if it is worth the price stated above. Thanks for your replies :)

xsr_racing28c
01-04-2007, 12:59 PM
I would say that if your wanting to build something right the first time, i would get the ARC shocks. I've had two sets of ARC big bottles and love them.

Just my .02

~JAY

wishmasstir
01-04-2007, 01:11 PM
i recently talked to mark about rebuilding my fronts and he said it'll be $400 to rebuild/spring my pep zps's and to add the big cans it would cost $350. so if your buying the non arcs for how cheap they are and you want to convert them just make sure you realize the price differences. it would probably be worth it to just get the arcs in the first place