PDA

View Full Version : Ellis switched to suzuki

outacontrol
01-04-2007, 06:20 AM
Sure enough, Kory Ellis is riding an LTR next yr for ALBA, one more YFZ removed from the field! I saw a post on another forum with a link to his myspace page and it says he will be riding the suzuki and shows pics of him "testing" one.

Mean250r
01-04-2007, 02:11 PM
yamahas support sucks.

FasstMidnightZ
01-04-2007, 02:13 PM
It's cause Suzuki is the ****. :cool:

coolguy8769
01-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
yamahas support sucks.

so true.....

i love my yfz but it makes you think sometimes....

450rcrazy022692
01-04-2007, 02:52 PM
If you guys know Paul Turner (Doug Gusts mechanic) he switched from Suzuki to Yamaha this year. I was just at his house monday to get my engine work put in and he showed me this seasons race quads in A LOT of pieces and i got to sit on last years race quad. Its for sale idk how much though but its sick.

Heres 2 pics

450rcrazy022692
01-04-2007, 02:52 PM

01-04-2007, 03:31 PM
ellis was always DQ'ing cause his bikes at the races i was at. they were locking up, overheating and stuff. hopefully he can keep this suzuki in one piece but he is alot like dana creech where he breaks everything he touches. I

jcv400ex
01-04-2007, 05:32 PM
It hasn't been long with mfg's getting involved in racing and riders are shopping for the best deal. It's going to be this way for awhile. Guys are used to barely getting by racing and now they have options. I'd be out shopping for the best deal too. Good for Ellis is what I say.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
so true.....

i love my yfz but it makes you think sometimes....

Think about getting a 450r? ;)

coolguy8769
01-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Think about getting a 450r? ;)

hell no, everyone and there mom has a honda

thinking about how they dont have the best support program in the world

genxracer
01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
You can add Joe haavisto to the list as well. Joe, Dunk, and Donny Lysinger will all be riding LTRs for lost creek cycle this year.

Prey
01-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by pilfered
ellis was always DQ'ing cause his bikes at the races i was at. they were locking up, overheating and stuff. hopefully he can keep this suzuki in one piece but he is alot like dana creech where he breaks everything he touches. I

i wanna say I read somewhere in addition to this, Kory was having a slew of issues with getting the machine dialed in at each race and he was running the pro-am class to get the machine dialed in for the pro class races...

outacontrol
01-04-2007, 07:52 PM
i pretty much think that if i was a pro and my paycheck depended on it, id throw brand loyalty out the window! id ride an ATC 70 if the contingency was good! :devil:

jrspawn
01-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by genxracer
You can add Joe haavisto to the list as well. Joe, Dunk, and Donny Lysinger will all be riding LTRs for lost creek cycle this year.

I rode with lysinger this past weekend. He was on his full lost creek LTR. He was fast as hell on it!!! He told me he's very happy with the suspension setup also. I had a blast putting some time in on the track with him. Cant ask for a cooler person to hang out with!

Justin

jello
01-04-2007, 08:35 PM
When I went out to glammis for new years he was out there riding a suzuki....

Later,
Will

01-04-2007, 08:36 PM

lol At least Yamaha has support
coughhondacough

Yamaha is going to own this year. Just watch.:devil:

jrspawn
01-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
lol At least Yamaha has support
coughhondacough

Yamaha is going to own this year. Just watch.:devil:

Watch out for Brown this year!!!!!! With Turner on his side, i look for him to be up top. He's crazy fast, and has what it takes, just has to shake off the bad luck.

Justin

MX MaNiAc 06
01-05-2007, 03:58 AM

Maybe theres a reason?

Actually around here everyone races XC n has YFZs. Other than me theres like 5 guys around here that race 450rs.

coolguy8769
01-05-2007, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Maybe theres a reason?

Actually around here everyone races XC n has YFZs. Other than me theres like 5 guys around here that race 450rs.

lol the reason is people like to hop on the bandwagon. In D7 mx i'm riding a blue quad in a sea of red. I stand out on the holeshots. which can be a good thing

its funny when they are staging us EVERYONE starts kickin thier bike when they call their number and i push the little button and go, i'v gotten 2-3 better gate picks cause people couldnt get there bike started right away.

procircuit406ex
01-05-2007, 08:11 AM

Everyone has them for a reason:devil:

treake
01-05-2007, 12:07 PM
lol the reason is people like to hop on the bandwagon. In D7 mx i'm riding a blue quad in a sea of red. I stand out on the holeshots. which can be a good thing

its funny when they are staging us EVERYONE starts kickin thier bike when they call their number and i push the little button and go, i'v gotten 2-3 better gate picks cause people couldnt get there bike started right away.

Don't think just because you get there before the other person using your electric start, you get to keep the pick. If the rider that was called before you really wanted to, they could make you move. I've seen it happen. Especially in the upper classes when guys are really racing for points.

fastyz85
01-05-2007, 01:21 PM
i know this is random but where does paul turner live because im in jersey and am just curious cause i saw your from jersey too.

wishmasstir
01-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
i pretty much think that if i was a pro and my paycheck depended on it, id throw brand loyalty out the window! id ride an ATC 70 if the contingency was good! :devil:

well then ... to start you off, i have a full set of wheels/tires and a front fender already boxed up and ready to go. just pay shipping and they are yours FOR FREE. hows that for starting you out in the business...outacontrol passing gust i can hear it now:devil:

QuadRacer041
01-06-2007, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Mean250r
yamahas support sucks.

are you kidding me....they give way more support then honda and look how many people are sticking with and switching to the honda this year.

outacontrol
01-06-2007, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by wishmasstir
well then ... to start you off, i have a full set of wheels/tires and a front fender already boxed up and ready to go. just pay shipping and they are yours FOR FREE. hows that for starting you out in the business...outacontrol passing gust i can hear it now:devil:

I knew this honda deal would pay off! Suspension is for babies! ATC 70 on the podium in 2007!

wishmasstir
01-06-2007, 06:38 AM
if you ever wreck just pick it up and run for the finish...