PDA

View Full Version : 05' 450r top Speed?

450rXtreme
01-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Like it says what roughly would be my top speed w/ 13 tooth sprocket, big gun rev box (1000rpm over stock, hits it at top speed) hotcam stage 1 air box lid mod HRC style end cap on exhaust.

ghott
01-04-2007, 04:54 AM
I would guess around 80mph downhill. Maybe a little faster if your front fenders are off.

KrazyKeith
01-04-2007, 05:19 AM
80 is way too fast wont happen w/ a 13 tooth I'd guess 71. I can only go 79 on my 06 with a 14 frt. pipe and cam. I have seen a stock uncorked 05 at the strip run 73 mph.

Smidgy
01-04-2007, 09:29 AM
I radared 77 with my stock 05 with only a k&n, and I wiegh about 170lbs. tires were at normal riding pressure, and it was on dirt. That is with stock gearing too.

gbcap
01-04-2007, 09:39 AM
top speed has nothing to do with your engine POWER. only revs. the power just hleps ge the revs up faster and harder.

speed is a combination of wheels and sprockets.

you prolly top out around 70-75 depending on tire size.

the freak
01-04-2007, 10:16 AM
so if i run a 350 small block i can olny do 75 because of my tires

danniheyj82888
01-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by the freak
so if i run a 350 small block i can olny do 75 because of my tires

If you have the stock rev limit, stock gearing, and 20 inch tires, then yes you wont go any faster than that.. you will get there a lot faster, but wont have anymore top speed.

WB450r
01-04-2007, 05:38 PM
i also have a 13 t sproket and my top speed is bout 65-70....
i have jet kit, pro circuit pipe, 20 inch tires, stock filter with lid,stock motor, no rev box........

4ABURN
01-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by danniheyj82888
If you have the stock rev limit, stock gearing, and 20 inch tires, then yes you wont go any faster than that.. you will get there a lot faster, but wont have anymore top speed.

Thats funny because if the gearing is left stock it would go even slower then the TRX motor. (you would have to do a lot to get small v8 to turn 9800 RPMS, but that would SOUND GREAT.):D :D

RPMS + GEARING=Top speed!!!!!!! Some one had a chart that is very good for this. HA you guys are fun.:p

kfx008
01-04-2007, 05:48 PM
at the ashtabua tt national they clocked the top 4 n my class i was 3rd at 86 on the front strech

450rXtreme
01-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Ok all the other stuff aside w/ a rev box and 13 tooth how fast is it if it is hitting the limiter in top gear? 70ish w/ out rev box, how much faster does the extra 1000rpm's make it?

So safe to say about as fast as stock top speed?

ricks450
01-06-2007, 09:11 PM
the bike only runs about 55 mph off the floor from what dirtwheels mag say. i dont think your bike is running know where close to 80 thats fast dude. i had the 05 with hotcam stage2, 11.5:1 piston airbox cover removed and full exhaust, pro flow airfilter. with 15 tooth front spocket and 36 tooth rear it only ran about 68 to 70 mph in dirt on 18 inch rear tires. but those sprockets put it back close to stock gearing on those tires and thats the biggest sproket for front and smallest for rear that most companys make without getting them custom made. clocked next to the ktm 300 2-stroke bike that has a gauge on it. clock it next to a car with a currect gauge. you might be supprised. and with the 13 tooth you lost some top end. the rev box didnt help that much on top end alittle but not alot.

CHEVYZ
01-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Umm...the 450r runs in the 70's stock.

ricks450
01-07-2007, 09:38 AM
mine is the 05, which is alot slower stock to stock then the 06-07.

ricks450
01-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by ricks450
mine is the 05, which is alot slower stock to stock then the 06-07. why am i telling you that you have all three of them. ;) thats sweet. all hondas my man.:D

jason_david1
01-07-2007, 07:01 PM
my 04 with a pipe, hot cam and jet would run 71 in the 1/8th mile with a 13 tooth sprocket and wore out 20 inch tires. and that is with front fenders and me being 6'6" and weighing 225. it ran 77 down hill before i hit my rev limiter.

n2deer
01-07-2007, 08:07 PM
give it a shot.

http://www.xcracing.com/gabe/quad_calc.exe

n2deer
01-07-2007, 08:14 PM
give it a shot.

http://www.xcracing.com/gabe/quad_calc.exe

450rXtreme
01-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks n2deer that calc. is great says I should hit about 77mph at the rev limiter(10,000rpm).

Oh and 55mph stock ???? LOL, I would hope not my 200s ATC 3 wheeler is rated 53mph stock.

ricks450
01-08-2007, 03:22 PM
that cal aint real world. im not going to argue. but line up with a car and you will see how fast it is. till then dont lol. that honda atc 200m aint no where near 53 mph i got one. with my 450 i smoke it 2nd gear.

450rJam
01-08-2007, 03:38 PM
lmao...............

ricks450 said "from what dirt wheels mag says"

if d.w. says a 450r does 55 stock that must mean the yfz
does about 95 stock and 120 with a parking brake block off plate.

im sorry, its just when someone quots dirtwheels on anything
it makes me think of santa claus, easter bunny and a whole lot
of other make believe stuff.

n2deer
01-08-2007, 04:09 PM
gear ratios

"speed is a combination of wheels and sprockets"
Its just a matter of how fast you get there.

450rJam
01-08-2007, 07:21 PM
until you get too tall and the motor wont pull it.

thats why top speed isnt where its at, to me its the G-force
pull up to top end.

it always felt like I was doing more hurt to my motor by holding it
open to get a couple more mph out of it than running it through
the gears at redline.

Smidgy
01-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 450rXtreme
Thanks n2deer that calc. is great says I should hit about 77mph at the rev limiter(10,000rpm).

Oh and 55mph stock ???? LOL, I would hope not my 200s ATC 3 wheeler is rated 53mph stock.

THat is exactly what I radared at, and I am all stock, so it seems to work great

Smidgy
01-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by ricks450
that cal aint real world. im not going to argue. but line up with a car and you will see how fast it is. till then dont lol. that honda atc 200m aint no where near 53 mph i got one. with my 450 i smoke it 2nd gear.

Not to bash you man but a cars speedo is not that accurate either, use a radar, when you get up over 60mph in a car most speedos, are only accurate within 10% meaning that you could be 6mph off either way.

Gear ratios are inarguable, so the cal is real world, if you turn a certain rpm, the wheels have to turn that speed, or your breaking teeth on your sprockets, or ruining your gearbox, because it has to turn that speed, or it breaks. in other words the only reason that you can't get to that speed is because your motor will not turn a high enough rpm, there are a lot of reasons why this may be, but if it turns a certain rpm, and you put that thru the gear ratios, that is how fast your tires are moving, no exceptions.

I radared at 77, hard to argue with it, a yfz radared at 75.5 and a another 450r radared at 76, so seems to work

damian600
01-09-2007, 02:37 PM
my 05 ran 72mph, STOCK.. checked it with police radar

ricks450
01-09-2007, 06:40 PM
you sure do know alot about them drugs. and your 450 is slow. i well smoke yours. so dont runya. and smidgy you are exactly right about cars. if you read my first post it said get a car with correct odometer. thats exactly what im talking about the bikes stock will not pull them that fast. theres alot that goes into play. maybe 06's and 07's will touch 70's. but they make alot more power and torque than the 05's. my bike is geared for top end and from what that 2007 300 ktm's odometer said my bike ran about 68 to 70 mph in dirt going down a trail along a feild, it was about 70 degrees outside. his ktm runs about 97 and he kills me, i mean bad. and i got a 15 tooth on front and 36 on rear ,18 inch rear tires HS mx-4 and stock bore with 11.5:1, stage 2 hotcam pro flow filter and duncan fatboy4 ex. and hinsen clucth. i got a custom sprocket made so i could go faster but then it wouldnt top out because of the gear. maybe it would but never had enough room. it pulled real slow once got in 5th. so i am putting a 500 12.5:1 bore kit on it and porting it myself, that will pull it. i like to flat track alot there nothing like going around a turn and wide open steering with the rear tires. so im about top end. and my bike bearly out ran the 06 with the HRC kit on it. so it didnt run as fast as mine. and most of these guys are running smaller sporkets to make it have more torque so there taking away from top end. and to make it easier to ride in woods. i do just fine in woods with the sprockets i have. just ask all my friends that ride. they will tell you, i dont need to. they cant keep up. i just clucth alittle bit but its not that bad. so i dont care what any of these guys say the condition have to be perfect or go down hill to run that fast. unless the 300 is wrong but i dought it because everybody that knows that bike. they say it runs about 90, 95 to 100 mph. so you guys can talk on here but take a video of a stock 05 with a 13 tooth sproket and revbox and a radar thats calabrated and put on it on this forum and prove it. tell then i dont beleive yall. maybe, maybe not.

450rJam
01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
DE'NILE isnt just a river in egypt.

im sure your right and every one who owns/rides/tests is wrong

the manufacturers are all wrong, everyone is wrong but you.

04/05 have 14 fronts
you have 18" tires then say your built for top end
you run 18's in woods ?
one of us is confused.

450rXtreme
01-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Nice post ricks450 but maybe it would go along better in the I'm in 3rd grade Fictional Stories section or maybe I will just put you in for the The Most Uninformed Ignorant Little Punk award (hah) and I seriously doubt you have ever even seen a TRX 450r that alone raced one.

So really getting to the point of your uneducated little rant you think that your P.O.S. 300's odometer is more accurate than a car made to run on the street that has to be calibrated within a certain speed tolerance to avoid breaking the law? Yeah that sounds about right if you have the mentality of Barney. Seriously kid do us all a favor and go back to playing w/ your lego's and coloring books because anything that has to do w/ anything besides snaping two colored blocks together you obviously have no way to conceptualize it.

Thanks in advance for never posting to my thread again.

Jason

ricks450
01-09-2007, 10:07 PM
450rjam for 1 thing im not completly saying they wont run that fast. im saying prove it. and how do you know who test/rides/owns. when all your looking at is a bounch of **** that somebody wrote. and i havent seen any manufacturers on here yet and how would you know if they were. and i know they have 14 fronts *** but the qeustion was how fast are they with a 13 front and revbox. and im confused. and i bought 18's to lower my bike and for a tire with flatter profile to make it more stable didnt buy them to ride in woods jack***. if you can read it ,it does say like to flat track. AND you 450rxtreme your right i dont race. i just ride one. but i can more than likely smoke your ***. and i never said anything about the 300 being mine or that it is more correct then a car odometer. and im the one that needs the eduction. and dont talk about calabration on a car when you dont know nothing about calabrating one. your right i am a kid only 25 but ive done and know more of this kind **** then you probaby ever will. so when you ever what to bring your *** to VA and let a kid show your old *** something just let me know. PRICKS!! so go a head and report me it will not hurt my feeling to not ever talk to ***holes like yall. the only reason i even started on this forum was to help people out when they have a problem with there bikes. because i do know alittle bit. i am a mechanic and been building hotrods my whole life. i was probably setting piston to cylinder wall clearances before yall knew what motors where. to be honest yall probably dont have the first clue on how to do **** to a motor. dont take it personal. have a good day:D :D :D :D :D

450rJam
01-10-2007, 04:14 AM
BREATH.......................

in..............out.................

its ok now just relax.

I wasnt only refering to this site, check out your local dealers
and read some literature. no one is calling you names so act
like your 25.

there is alot of educated well informed people on these sites
(not all) but if everyone thinks your numbers are off, well...........

I forgive you friend, and if you where broke down in the woods
Ill still help you out.

Smidgy
01-10-2007, 04:38 AM
ricks450

Man I have no need to prove it, so there is no need for the vid, I have nothing to prove to you. The only person who doesn't realize my numbers are right on is you. I am a mechanical engineer, so you take your hotrod building experiance rant somewhere else it isn't getting you any credit here. I find it hard to believe that if you had been building hotrods all your life, and know so much about motors, that you can't get your bike to go more than 70. I also find it hard to believe that you put a 18" tire on your bike with a thirteen tooth sprocket and are not able to top out your bike, unless you wiegh like 300lbs. Stock for stock an 05 is faster on top than an 06-07, because of the gearing, the 06-07 are a faster bike with more power, but not on top stock, I gaurantee you will never smoke my ***, one because I will never see you, and two becuase you are obviously slower.

CHEVYZ
01-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Stock the 05s have a tad more, but with the green wire mod the newer models actually have more topend.

ricks450
01-10-2007, 06:42 PM
smidgy read again 15 tooth and 34 rear and weigh 195. the 05 might be faster on top end but the 06 and 07's have a better head, higher compression and better carb. just to list a few things. and if it is faster what 5mph. and the 06 and 07's have more HP and torque so they pull so much harder. it would take 2 miles to catch them. and if you where a engineer you would know that. my bike was brought to 06 and 07's level with the mods i have. and just because your a engineer doesnt mean nothing, even if you are. i know alot of engineers that have that piece of paper that says that im a engineer and dont know nothing when you get out there and actually try to do something. but they sure talk like they do. and i didnt go to school to learn and get a engineer degree about one general type of motor. i work on all of them and anything and everything. i didnt need no teacher to teach me. i learned everything i know buy actually doing it and still learning differant things.if its broke i figure it out and fix it. i have leaned on my own. i really dont care if you give me credit for my experiance and knowledge. ill be watching to see how much you really know by the question you ask. just to see how good of a engineer you are.;)

450rJam
01-10-2007, 07:27 PM
like a 3rd grade girl fight

agree to disagree.

the 450r's run mid 70's stock.
its not a secret and you dont have to agree.

ricks450
01-10-2007, 07:55 PM
am not trying to say everybody is wrong i am just going off what i have experianced. my bike was strong with the gear that it has . it will flip over backwards sitting on the gas tank. i have a few friends that ride and wont ride it because its to powerful for them. i personally think its slow that why i am putting a bore kit on it , carb and hottrod crank. portting head to. im just saying that i got him to clock me on that 300 and he said i was doing around 68 to 70 mph wide open. and hes a good friend so it aint like he was lieing to me. besides he would smoke my bike. im not trying to be *** but read up on the ktm 300 2-stroke XCW . everybody says that bike runs about 90 to 100. that knows that bike and his bike runs 96 top end. thats how fast i got it anyways. so if it is off, its not that far from what everybody says about that bike. thats how fast he said i was going and the dude that ask the question doesnt have half of the mods i do. and you know by changing your front sprocket to a smaller one drops your top speed.

450rJam
01-10-2007, 08:40 PM
18" tires are like bigger sprocket on back also (slower top)

top speed is for people with no skill, anyone can take a bike/atv
out on a straight away, shift to top gear and hold the darn thing
open.

just my opinion

ricks450
01-10-2007, 11:14 PM
you guys r apain in the *** you r exactly right about 18's but i dont care about getting the thing to go as fast as i can get it to go. and the tires i got because i wanted to lower it without getting a lowering kit. and i wanted a flatter profile tire to make not so tippy and that will hook up, plus have some side bite when im sladding side ways around a turn wide open. and i dont have around 4 grand to put a long travel kit on the bike. like i want and your right about going in a straight away but i do that around turns to. thats not all i do. i live VA. where am at theres not that many places you can ride. theres slades park, which has trails and a flat track around this feild. they throw drag races and just started hairscramble races. the first one was on new years. two mx tracks. thats it and there all 45mins from me. me and my friend built a 60 foot table top. and some little bull**** jumps on his moms land. and we cut some trails that r about two miles long. his family owns a construction company and camp ground so they are set if you know what i mean. i dont race i ride anywhere and everywhere i can, so i dont just go straight. not trying to sound like a bad*** r anything but i have rode with alot people that race that i smoked not everybody but none of them could get away. and they all tell me that i should race, but i cant aford it. it cost alot to travel. keeping the bike in tiptop shape. it just cost to much for me. so i just ride. and when im riding the trails yes wish i had a set of HS GNCC's or something but i dont have a million dollars to spend on a differant set of tires for every place i ride. so i got the tires that wanted the most which are the HS MX-4. on baja front and rear rims because i bent my front ones that came with my ITP wheel package jumping a hill 50 foot. with nothing to land on like are table top. just jumping a hill and landing on flat ground my front rims did not like that. and i agree with your opinion about going straight but know the facts first. i grew up riding in trails. most the places where like slades but got closed down because of people gettng hurt and suing. of course that mest it up for everybody else. im no where nere the best but i can ride my*** off. i have been doing it since i was 4 years old. it is in my blood its gone down the family tree.

Smidgy
01-11-2007, 04:53 AM
Man you complain about everyone not reading your post, but when I said that a 06/07 was a faster bike BUT NOT ON TOP, you then agreed but still felt the need to tell me again and try to prove I was wrong. I already know all the specs on the new bike you need not tell me. It is like you have a little bit of a clue, then you say something right off the wall. Maybe you fixing your own R is why it is so slow now. Maybe your setup is a little messed up. But I radared at 77mph, on the rev limiter/spark arrestor out/otherwise stock, on a 2005 450r that is a fact.

I agree it doesn't take much skill to open a bike out on top, but it is not always straight, and when your cruising down a woods road, for about 25 miles on the way home racing with a yfz or another 450r, and you get in the twisties, it becomes a little more fun and top speed can come into play.

450rXtreme
01-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Agreed, just have fun riding and who really cares if my bike is faster than ricks450 (lol) My ? has been answered by n2deer just let the thread die.

450rJam
01-12-2007, 04:02 AM
cut the green wire and the 06/07 will pull around 04/05 (stock).