PDA

View Full Version : FCR for an LTZ400

suzukiray
01-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Can anyone tell me which bike comes with an FCR carb that has a TPS wire & will work directly on an 05 LTZ? Thanks, Ray.

redrunner
01-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey guy I saw your post over on the other forum..yeah like he said you don't use it anyway. The ones off a YFZ seem to be pretty popular that's what I have.
Go over to YFZcentral and check there and ebay...

montycarlo
01-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by redrunner
Hey guy I saw your post over on the other forum..yeah like he said you don't use it anyway.

Why wouldn't you use the throttle position sensor if you had a carb in hand that was equipped with a TPS and a quad that was wired for it? Sorry I'm not a YFZ Central goer (mostly cause no YFZ) can you give me quick insight?

onefastkawie
01-05-2007, 02:33 PM
i might have one for sale it is a fcr39 . the tps is not compatible with the z 400 . yuo just disconnect them . i would part with mine for 300 dollars . included would be a yfy thumb throttle and a new cable . and ncqy needle and adjsutable fuel screw .thats everything you need to get it running .

montycarlo
01-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by onefastkawie
the tps is not compatible with the z 400

Is the connector just different? As far as I know a TPS is a TPS & should have 3 circiuts- signal volts, reference volts, & ground.

onefastkawie
01-05-2007, 05:55 PM
that may be the case , but you have to remember the carb is a lot bigger than the 37 mm carb that came on the bike and now you have a accelerator pump which squirts fuel into the cylinder the stock one doiesnt , so the z computer wouldnt read what the yfz carb is telling it . + there is no advanatge to using the tps performance wise

montycarlo
01-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Not trying to argue with you onefastkawie.... :D I think we'll all be smarter if we get this all figured out!

In regards to the new features of the 2005 Z400- Taken from the Suzuki website:
Larger 37mm carburetor with throttle position sensor - ignition timing is determined by throttle opening for improved engine response, especially at high rpm

Someday when I put a bigger jug on and need more carburetor and look for a YFZ carb - I think I'll hook up the TPS ASSUMING I still have the stock CDI.

Agree/disagree? :confused:

redrunner
01-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Read this...some info for you. I have been running mine for a year w/o TPS it really does not do anything. Part of the reason you get rid of the stock carb.
http://www.z400central.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=66657&hl=