PDA

View Full Version : Running Rich

rooster300ex
01-03-2007, 08:53 PM
I know my quad is running rich with the dj128, because when I took my airbox and intake boot I could see alot of raw gas all on the outside of the slide, and the plug is black and when I rev it up it puffs out black smoke sometimes. Could I lean the main out alil with the needle or should I put the dj124 in it and set the air/fuel screw the proper way, by warming the engine up,turning the idle up alil and turning the idle screw out until it hits its highest smooth idle and backing it back a 1/8 to a 1/4 turn.
Any help would be appreciated.

suzukiray
01-03-2007, 10:44 PM
It may be that the NEEDLE is too rich & you aren't even getting to the main jet. Does it rev or does it just get to a certain point where it seems to get lazy? I would say to start with the needle in the middle position with the 128 & go from there. If it pulls hard thru the middle & then feels lazy then try the 124. Also, with the bike warmed, turn the mixture screw in or out to where it idles the fastest & LEAVE it there. Make sure you put a new plug in it before you restart it after these changes & be sure to start with a CLEAN air filter. Ray.

rooster300ex
01-04-2007, 09:30 AM
At WOT it has no problem. Its on groove #4 now. When I'm crusin at half throttle it seems to run fine also. When I'm barely on the throttle it goes from smooth engine sound to choppy. Man I've been tyring to get this thing dialed in for sometime now.

Honda#4
01-04-2007, 10:13 AM
whats your pilot at right now? Sounds like your needle is to rich put it back to the 3 groove to see if that helps.

rooster300ex
01-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
whats your pilot at right now? Sounds like your needle is to rich put it back to the 3 groove to see if that helps.

like 2 3/4 turns out