PDA

View Full Version : Quiter than Big Gun...

Andrew400ex
09-21-2002, 03:55 PM
I just got my 400ex today,my dad says its too loud already..it has a Big Gun race series silencer on it...can anyone recommend a quiter slip on,but still give the same power if not more?..hows HMF?..thanks..
-Andrew

Big - D Racing
09-21-2002, 04:35 PM
If you want quiter, you will lose power no matter what brand you go with. I would get fmf Quiet series, but count on losing power, but not as much as a stock would lose.

CHAUNCY
09-21-2002, 04:40 PM
Hey
I have a hmf slip on and it is still loud.

ryanh250ex
09-21-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Andrew400ex
I just got my 400ex today,my dad says its too loud already..it has a Big Gun race series silencer on it...can anyone recommend a quiter slip on,but still give the same power if not more?..hows HMF?..thanks..
-Andrew

from what i've seen, HMF is the LAST place you go to buy a quiter pipe. i know the 300ex HMF pipe is somewhere is the 94-108 db range, depending whether you have the spark arrestor, Q-Core, etc. i would recommend to either go buy a stock exhaust (and sacrifice power)or to go buy a different pipe (WB, FMF). but now that i'm looking at your post, i note that you have a big gun RACE SERIES silencer. i believe big gun does make a separate race and a quiet series pipes. i would suggest checking out the quiet series or some other aftermarket pipes

MIKE400EX
09-22-2002, 06:41 AM
Or you could just put the Big Gun Quiet Core insert in your race pipe. At around $50 it will be a lot quieter, not much louder than stock. You will still see good gains (over stock) just not as much as the race pipe. When you go to an area that noise it not an issue, you could slip the race core back in. You will probably have to re-jet. The quiet core can be modified to allow better flow without being as obnoxious as the straight thru race core. A lot less money and you'll have two options!