PDA

View Full Version : S10 Duals

blasterandy
01-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Alright I know i could just put this into the s10forums but i like you guys better :D :ermm: . anyways. I wanna put some catback into dual exhaust. Could i just remove the manafold and extend the pipes to the rear. I am new to the whole car thing seeing as this is my first truck. I know more about atvs than i do of trucks and cars. What have you guys done. I want it to sound like flomasters or something similar, i have seen gibson exhaust are they any good.

blasterandy
01-03-2007, 05:31 PM
o come one be nice and give me some help :(
JK but seriously :D ;) :cool:

firefighterjosh
01-03-2007, 06:54 PM
No offense but my buddie put flowpaster duals on his S10 and it sounds like a ricer with a missing cyclinder:ermm: thats the reason my ranger is stock. If you want a good sounding v6 the exhaulst ussually has to be quite so it dosen't have the raspy sounds too it. I know for the rangers Gibson is a good sounding exhaulst

blasterandy
01-03-2007, 07:15 PM
God i hope not we have enough of them racing down our street almost every night not to mention i could prolly beatem with my ex :D I know i would getem on accel. they just don't seem to understand that you can have the fastest engine in the world but once you go into a turn ur gonna wreck. i.e. one of em went around the first bend after my neighboor hood went into a ditch some how came back out while rolling hit a tree on the other side of the road and pretty much made that car look like the inside of a t.v. along with his body. :( sucks for him :)

Mxjunkie
01-03-2007, 07:31 PM
My friend had the v6 with dual gibsons and it sounded throaty had the v6 sound at high rpm but it was a good tone down low.

It was kinda loud you could hear it coming and you knew who it was :p

blasterandy
01-03-2007, 07:45 PM
I really want to hear one before i buy a sound clip that is of pretty good quality would help. I am kinda wondering about a bigger cam. I really don't know much. I know the bigger cams make the bigger block v8's sound better and gives it a gurrgle of power type sound. I know it won't sound like it but would it make it better.

firefighterjosh
01-03-2007, 08:31 PM
3.0 v - 6 glass pack (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...eoid=1276292950)

3.0 flow master look at first post (http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=25870&highlight=exhaust+clip)

4th post down in the guys sig has a 4.0 v-6 borla sounds clip (http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=28849&highlight=exhaust+clip)

Stevie-D
01-04-2007, 04:01 AM
It was kinda loud you could hear it coming and you knew who it was

oh man.. brings back memories of my dakota. had the 3.9 in it with no cat and duals straight out the back. no muffler:eek2: sounded like absolute chit when on the gas, but people could always tell who was about to come over the hill or around the bend:rolleyes:

Creech52
01-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Its all in the design of the system, smaller diam pipes will make it LOUD but high pitched, bigger diam pipes will do the oposite. Also muffler placement changes the tone, type of muffler, cat or no cat, they will all make a difference. If you want it loud go with no cat, 2 1/4" pipe into a glass pack and turn it out the sides before the tires. If you want deep, go with a 2 chamber race muffler, 2 1/2 or 3" pipes and bring it out the back. If you want louder then stock but not really loud do the 2 1/4" with a turbo muffler and bring it out the back. I have a monte with a 4.3 and Im going to be dropping a built 350 in it so when I did my exhaust I did it for the 350. Its true duals. 2" or 2 1/4" front pipes off the manifolds into about 2 ft of 2 1/2" into a summit 2 chamber race muffler (same thing as 2 chamber flowmaster, just waaaay cheaper) with mandrel bent 2 1/2" flowmaster tail pipes. It actually sounds nice with the V-6 not obnoxious, not loud, but throaty and deep. Just has that tin canish sound sometimes that you get with a flowmaster style muffler. One last thing headers will also increase the sound.

Toadz400
01-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Personally I think an S10 (2.8 or 4.3) sounds a lot better with a good single exhaust then with a professionally set up dual exhaust. I think dual exhaust should only be used on something that is capable of efficiently pushing all that exhaust through two long stretches of pipes, like a V8 or bigger.

underpowered
01-04-2007, 10:23 AM
it is hard to make a 6 sound good. i would don do true duals, i like duals with an H pipe or preferably an X pipe setup. IMHO true's sound like two 4 bangers fighting each other unless they are truely set up right. on a v-6 i would go quieter to keep from sounding to ricer-ish. a flow 50 with tails sounds good, my buddy has on on his 4.3 s-10. exhaust is a science, there are so many little things to do that will change the sound. my next truck will have a flow super 40 dumped over the axle with no cat. had a setup like that on my old truck and it sounded awesome.

red2004 TRX450R
01-04-2007, 01:18 PM
I would run a turbo muffler. summit racing sells them. or you could get a dynomax cat back system, they use turbo mufflers.

my mom had a dynomax cat back system one on her 4.3 blazer and it sounded good.

I had a flowmaster on my 4.3 s10 and it sounded like rice.
then i put on a $20 summit turbo muffler and it sounded a lot better, but it was a little bit quieter.