PDA

View Full Version : Oil and Tranny Level Help

TRXTom
01-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I just bought a used TRX 450R and don't have a Owners Manual(have one on order) I was wondering how to change the oils for the engine and transmission. I have sifted through the forums a little and they didn't get specific enough.
When I drain the oil on the engine side how much do I add with and without filter change?
How do I drain the tranny side?
Should I cut a hole in my skid plate for draining tranny oil?
How much oil should the tranny side take?

Thanks in advance for helping out a new Quad owner.

yotacrawler4
01-03-2007, 03:54 PM
GO TO THE DEALERSHIP AND BUY ONE THERE REALLY NICE TO HAVE.

danniheyj82888
01-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by TRXTom
I just bought a used TRX 450R and don't have a Owners Manual(have one on order) I was wondering how to change the oils for the engine and transmission. I have sifted through the forums a little and they didn't get specific enough.
When I drain the oil on the engine side how much do I add with and without filter change?

I fill mine to the "H" mark for the engine oil and have never had a problem.

JR3
01-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by TRXTom

Fill to the H mark in the sight window. To drain the tranny oil look at the lower left corner of the motor near the clutch cover you will see a drain bolt right near the rear brake pedal. Then when u fill it you take out a bolt right next to the clutch cover that has a phillips head and is a 10 mm. take that out and fill it until oil comes out of there. Then put the bolt back in and your good to go.

N300exJ
01-03-2007, 06:16 PM
also if you bought an 04 or 05. Fill the engine side to the H mark on the sight glass. run it for a few minutes and check it again. You usually will have to fill it up again a lil more because of the oil cooler lines and the area where the oil filter is!

For the clutch side the correct amount is 650cc(cm's). Get a ratio right cup so youll always have the correct amount in there.

SIDE NOTE: If you have an aftermarket clutch cover like a Hinson you can put 800cc's(cm's) in the clutch side.