PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

HondaEXrider22
01-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering your opinion on this.

My friend has a 87 Mojave that he doesnt use anymore because he got a KFX. I am looking for a project quad, just one to tinker around on and give me something to do in my free time, and use as a beater/mudder if I get it running to decent reliable form. He says around $200 but I think he will probaly take it for less. The only catch - the thing is beat. and when I say beat I mean beat. I mean it starts but when your lucky and youll lose your breath kicking the keel out of it. And he isnt one of the smartest people I know. Some of the known problems -

Swingarm/bolt is destryoed - I was riding with him one day and tire was smoking cause it was rubbing against the nerfs(long story)

Tires are pretty killed

He says he put 2 stroke oil in the engine for an oil change and actually rode it (he aint to smart)

Its 10 years old and pretty beat.
Its been sitting for about a year+ now.

Sprocket/chain are killed. (Chain pops off alot)

Now my question

Is it worth 150ish?
Are parts hard to get for this?
Am I just getting a can of worms?

01-03-2007, 03:48 PM
dont get it, you have the 250ex to beat on, the mojave is just gonna be a waste of time and money imo

HondaEXrider22
01-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Yea, buI am looking to sell that to get a dirtbike. But the thing is I am trying to get a project quad because sometimes I have nothing to do.

qwad guy
01-03-2007, 04:03 PM
well if your looking for a project quad it sounds like you definetly found it. If you have the money and time its going to need to get going then i would go for it. It will definetly be fun to work on. If it were me i would see how far i could get him down from that $200 then go for it.

HondaEXrider22
01-03-2007, 06:59 PM
So what do you think its worth? I told him 100 cash, he said no, but Im sure he would be talking differnt if he saw the cash. How high do you think my limit should be?

Scott-300ex
01-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Say 100 in change! :D

I think you'd have more invested in that than if you bought a used 400ex.

Swinger bolt, tires, carb rebuild, perhaps bottom end motor rebuilt, bushings are prolly gone, brakes might be locked up, new chain, that means new sprockets.................... I'd look in the paper for a cheap 400ex or somethin.