PDA

View Full Version : air box cover

bradex
01-03-2007, 01:11 PM
will takin the air box cover off give u more power when u have the knn air filter an jet kit?

an im thinkin of puttin a 440 kit in it im not a pro racer or nethin but i race at the local tracks wht would the best setup be like cam an comp ratio ???? an will the other stock parts take the beating?

DAVE14
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
taking the lid off gives you more punchy off idle torque but you should rejet accordingly or it will lose power on the top end without the extra fuel , thats good for clean summer riding conditions but when things get dirty you get an air box box full of crap & youll be cleaning out your k&n almost every ride thats what Im doing now & will probably jet it down a little & put the lid on to play in the mud & water a pipe, cam, or high compression piston is really what would wake your bike up the lid only helps a tiny bit & has its drawbacks

jsmith2232
01-07-2007, 04:48 PM
I put a k&n powerlid on mine, its pricy but it's worth not getting junk in your airbox and having the benefits of an open lid.

joshyz125
01-07-2007, 10:51 PM
IMO, unless your going all out with the engine, i would leave the stock air box lid on.

If that's not an option, then the K and n power lid,

But i won't run one without it in the woods,

like i said IMO