PDA

View Full Version : Light Switch Removal

stumpleg
01-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Has anyone done this on an 06 e-start. I am wanting to get rid of the bulky set up and keep my key switch. Didn't know what anyone suggested for using a starter switch after you take all of this gone. Any suggestions would be helpful, and post some pics up if you have done this.

Sjorge450R
01-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by stumpleg
Has anyone done this on an 06 e-start. I am wanting to get rid of the bulky set up and keep my key switch. Didn't know what anyone suggested for using a starter switch after you take all of this gone. Any suggestions would be helpful, and post some pics up if you have done this.

not sure what your plan is with the lights but you can use a dirt bike kill switch as the starter button. I used a KTM starter button off on of the electric start models

ryann mx68
01-03-2007, 05:20 PM
i got rid of my switch. use a button killswitch for the starter button. the killswitch from a yamaha [yz] works good. the honda style wont work. then install a tether for your killswitch. i'll try and find a pic.

looks great and no more hitting my knee

stumpleg
01-04-2007, 07:40 AM
I think if I do keep my lights, I will rig up a separate switch under the hood or something. I already have a Pro Armor kill switch for XC, so I think that will work. I guess all I would need is a starter button, and get rid of the rest of the clutter. What does the yz killswitch cost?

Colby@C&DRacing
01-04-2007, 08:13 AM
I would use a kx kill switch for the start button they are $18 and if you do still want to use the light tap into the wireing harness and add a switch somewhere.

quad2xtreme
09-07-2007, 05:21 PM
lol. Just got the switch from Colby and was searching to see how to best hook it up. Lots of wires there...thought the website would save me tracing the wires tomorrow.