PDA

View Full Version : Front Seat mounts breaking?

screaminta
01-03-2007, 10:08 AM
The last time I went riding, I broke one of the front seat mounts off the frame for the second time!! Is there anyway to prevent this? I know it was welded to the frame correctly also. Has anyone else run into problems with this part of the frame? Thanks

C-LEIGH RACING
01-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Sometimes people will weld a small tube in between the mounts for extra support.
I've seen some that had a piece of threaded rod in the middle & two nuts to lock it in place.
When your riding hard your legs are whats holding you in place on the seat & all that force is transfered to those two little tabs holding the front of the seat in place, after awhile the metal gives up & breaks.
Neil

svahle
01-03-2007, 02:09 PM
I have a piece of allthread (threaded rod) between mine as described by C-Leigh above. Seems to be holding up fine. I'd give that a whirl. Before doing this, when mine would bend they tended to bend down. I think weight on the seat is what causes them to bend in my case anyway (and no I'm not that big of a guy - 180 lbs).

screaminta
01-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Thats odd that both of you reccomended that because it broke once, and i rewelded it. After that I would notice it bending down a little a couple times so I then bent it back up and eventually put the all thread with two nuts. This last time i was out i was hitting some pretty decent jumps, and when i took the seat off the whole left ide was off, thank god for the allthread which held it on so that I can reweld it again....Guess Ill just keep using that, or keep my *ss off the front of the seat but thats hard while racing thanks again!!