PDA

View Full Version : Front shocks way too stiff

hdwrench
01-03-2007, 09:09 AM
I have been working with the stockers and they are way to stiff , for the type of riding that we do even on the big jumps too much. Any starting points that would be better, maybe I have it backwards as I have had no luck thus far. If any one has some suggestions( I amnot ready to replace them yet if I can get them to work) that would be great.

sandmanblue
01-03-2007, 10:34 AM
The absolute best thing you can do for the money is send them to Lazarus Sommers at www.gtthunder.com for a respring/revalve. The stock shocks are very well built, but need work to perform as they should. I would also recommend getting the rear done as well. I have both and for $700 total, you'll have exactly what you want. I can't emphasize enough how much better the quad works with this done.

Just make sure you are honest with your skill level, riding conditions and weight. If you tell him you're better than you are, expect it to be stiffer than you wanted. I intentionally told him I spend most of my time in the desert and dunes and wanted a soft and compliant ride. They are exactly that and to my surprise, I haven't bottomed them yet, even on an MX track or jumping in the dunes.

I also hear very good things about Derisi, but have no personal experience.

Frankly, if I had all my mods to do over again, I would have started with the suspension - it makes that much of a difference.

soberagain150
01-03-2007, 01:16 PM
there are adjusters on the tops and bottoms of those shocks... s for soft, and h for hard. turn them with a screw. u prolly have them as hard as they can be.

TWILES
01-03-2007, 06:48 PM
How much do you weigh?

hdwrench
01-03-2007, 06:54 PM
150 with gear 165

TWILES
01-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Soften the compression. Adjust the rebound acordingly. If that isn't good enough screw the springs up.

hdwrench
01-06-2007, 01:03 PM
GT thunder will be re-working them. I have tired all combos and bottom line the stock shocks are poor. Will try the re-valve / re spring, if that doesnt work I will move up to new ones