PDA

View Full Version : DID rims

hdwrench
01-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Any one have this wheel leak ?? There are two locations that have two small holes in the bead ( inside) I have a rims that is leaking. Maybe there was some sort of sealant in the rolled portion of the rim. Tried new tire no luck the rim is not bent, Seems a waste to toss out a rim for that.

ZSNOW
01-03-2007, 01:34 PM
my z400 rims have that problem ever since i bought the quad

csimp3
01-03-2007, 02:11 PM
no way, i have a slow leak on ly ltr and i cant figure it out, no holes in the tire or anything and the rims are fine, got any more info on this?

hdwrench
01-03-2007, 04:36 PM
The rim has two area that have two small holes in the bead area I do think that it is for process of building the wheel. Mine leak there. I just applied a bead of silacon around both bead I will see if this works. I think that there may have been a sealant in there from the start and now it leaks. I have slime in the tire as well still leaks. You can move the tire or replace it it will still leak from those two areas. Does anyone have a link to DID web site??

hdwrench
01-04-2007, 08:28 AM
A bead of silacone around the bead fix's the issue. All better a $4.50 fix beats a new set of wheels.