PDA

View Full Version : just ordered it

04exking
01-02-2007, 09:42 PM
I have just ordered my 416cc JE piston and my stage one hotcam. Do you guys have any suggestions for anything else while I am having this thing torn apart such as porting and polishing (worth the added cash?). Please send me all of your suggestions and comments.:D

04exking
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Also I would like some help on my jetting right now I have a filter, pipe, rev box, etc. Right now I have a 40 pilot and a 165 main.

exrider23
01-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Well first, i would go ahead and throw a heavy duty cam-cahin in. It will save you in the long run. next, check out your valves and your valve seals and springs. If they look worn, replace them with a nice set of Kibblewhite valves. And yes, port and polish is worth the extra cash. If you have any more questions, just ask.

Chin_Chilla
01-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by exrider23
Well first, i would go ahead and throw a heavy duty cam-cahin in. It will save you in the long run. next, check out your valves and your valve seals and springs. If they look worn, replace them with a nice set of Kibblewhite valves. And yes, port and polish is worth the extra cash. If you have any more questions, just ask. Do exactly what he said if money isn't really an issue. Also HD head studs wouldn't hurt, just help.

04exking
01-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Alright cool thanks. What about a suggestion on a type of vp fuels for my 10.8.1 piston. I don't want to risk running pump gas because because the 91 premium down here pretty much sucks. So I was thinking about a 50/50 mix but the guys down at the shop sent the vibe to me that they didn't really know what they were talking about. They were just bsing me the whole time.

04exking
01-04-2007, 11:31 AM
I was reading another 416 post and the guy had mentioned a 3 angle valve job. First of all what is this? and second of all what are the pros and cons to this? Also what would be an average price quote on this kind of thing. Thanks again in advance.

spent21
01-04-2007, 12:32 PM
there is nothing really special about a 3 angle valve job. all the '3 angle' bit means is that there are 3 surfaces to the circumfrence of the valve. any machine/head shop able to perform a small head valve job should be able to do this. no need to get a valve job, unless the valves/ seats are worn or leaking.
as far as high octane fuel: run a compression check on your engine once you have it built (you should anyway just for a baseline). i don't know what the rule 'o thumb is on the 400, but on a 250r around 175 to 180 psi is all the compression you want on 93 octane before you start having detonation. i would think that it would be the same for the 400, but i am unsure. perhaps another board member can enlighten us if this is indeed true? if you don't NEED high octane fuel (to inhibit detonation/ engine ping) then you're only pissing money away.
\
hope this helps

04exking
01-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the info and just an added statement: We don't have 93 in Yuma the best that we have is 91. Still lookinf fir sime jetting help and a reccomendation on a specific VP fuel.

400eXr1d3rZ
01-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Get some gaskets.

northwest Texas
01-05-2007, 08:23 AM
So far I'm getting by with 91 on mine (also 10.8:1 JE) but I've only used almost a tank full of fuel. So far so good (knock on wood)

04exking
01-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Alright thanks and I already have gaskets.