PDA

View Full Version : ? Good Chain ??

Bigdaddy52302
01-02-2007, 06:00 PM
:confused: So I sent my wife to the local shop today to pick up a new chain for me cause mine took a crap and I wanted to ride this weekend. I didnt buy the DID520 o-ring for atvs from Rockymountin Atv for 62$, I thought I was getting the same thing from in town, but to my suprise when I got home It is a RK Takasago 520XSO RX-Ring Chain, and it was 93$:eek: So did I get robbed or is this a good chain. I cant find the tinsle streangth on it but it says on road 750cc max and off road 750cc max.

GPracer2500
01-02-2007, 06:12 PM
It's a high quality chain. Don't know if that price is good or bad. Sounds like retail. I'd just install it, forget what it cost, and be happy you've got a very nice chain on you quad.

$0.02

Bigdaddy52302
01-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Well I can forget about the price thats not a prob, I just wanted to make sure it is a quality chain that can with stand the punishment a atv will give it as well as my obsession with jumping, I couldnt find a tinsle strength for it anywhere.

exrider008
01-02-2007, 06:36 PM
i ran one of those on my 300ex. it was a great chain and lasted a good year and a half. If u didnt get new sprokets u r going to destroy them. a new chain with old sprokets isnt a smart thing cuz ur sprokets wont last long.

i am running primmary drive chain and sprokets for rockymountainatv.com and it is by far the best chain ans sprokets i have ever used (better then my DID ERT2) i have had them for 2 months now and it hasnt streatched on little bit!!!:eek2: and u just can beat the price of $70.00 for chain and sprokets

i would just get that kit because when u put on the new chain its not going to take long to eat ur sprokets.