View Full Version : 360 or PS3

brapbrap13
01-02-2007, 05:58 PM
what one is a better buy? if u had the option of either one, what one would u take? i keep getting mixed reviews. thanks.

jrspawn
01-02-2007, 06:12 PM
PS3 all the Way! Dont waste your time and money on the 360! Although the 360 has a ton of games out, and the PS3 only has a handfull, within sometime after some more PS3 games arrive, youll be kicking yourself in the butt for buying a 360(if you do). The games out now for the ps3 are only using a extremely small fraction of the output the ps3 is capable of. My advice is to play Gran turismo HD on the PS3, you will not believe it, there isnt a 360 game thats even compairable.

Justin

brapbrap13
01-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
PS3 all the Way! Dont waste your time and money on the 360! Although the 360 has a ton of games out, and the PS3 only has a handfull, within sometime after some more PS3 games arrive, youll be kicking yourself in the butt for buying a 360(if you do). The games out now for the ps3 are only using a extremely small fraction of the output the ps3 is capable of. My advice is to play Gran turismo HD on the PS3, you will not believe it, there isnt a 360 game thats even compairable.

Justin

thanks for the input, i was thinking of holding out untill they came avaliable and the price dropped.

A A R O N
01-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Go for the 360....

I heard there's a recall on the ps3...

....for the people who bought it....all are being asked to return to the store they purchased it at and have somebody slap them in the face for spending so much money on a video game system.

You can probably tell I don't play video games lol...I'm not good enough at them:blah:

WhiteYFZ
01-02-2007, 08:07 PM
i have both,... ps3 takes a ***** on 360

jrspawn
01-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
Go for the 360....

....for the people who bought it....all are being asked to return to the store they purchased it at and have somebody slap them in the face for spending so much money on a video game system.

You can probably tell I don't play video games lol...I'm not good enough at them:blah:

Well, first, no recall:rolleyes: :devil: And second a 360 is $400 and does not even come close to the capabilty of the PS3, and the BluRay player tops it off for the PS3. To each there own though.....

Justin

01-02-2007, 08:31 PM
HD DVD wil lwin out. I can just about guarantee that. bluray may be better but it is too ahead of its time. who in the hell owns a 1080P tv anyway. I only know one person really. Blueray reminds me ALOT like laserdisc and we all know how that went

jrspawn
01-02-2007, 08:47 PM
I think pretty much everything is going to be based with HD sooner later, its pretty much already started. And most TV's(at least on the better side) being produced are HD capable. And it doesnt have to be 1080p, the PS3 runs off of 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p. Pretty much ANY of those resolutions blow the 360 away. Technology moves very fast also, i dont think at all that blurays are ahead of there time. When Anything new comes out, it takes the time for the sales to build, dont you remember when VCR's came out?????? Bassically if You want to enjoy the best of something, your gonna spend the money to enjoy it. You cant knock that.

Oh, and i own a 65"1080 big screen, i wouldnt have it any other way. And about everyone else i know who has purchased a TV relatively lately also has one that is 1080 capable also.

Justin

A A R O N
01-02-2007, 09:24 PM
All these **** numbers and stuff...

I still have a 32" regular old tv, not even a flat screen.

I push the power button, it comes on....I push the power button again, it goes off....basically the essentials:p

Oh and I will never buy a new game system again. I bought the original xbox about 6 months after it came out.....I've only played it about 10 times. I can't stand being that bad at something lol. I just use it for dvd's now.

suzukigirl
01-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
Go for the 360....

rotflmao:D ...go for the ps3

yam450_53
01-04-2007, 12:34 AM
I think pretty much everything is going to be based with HD sooner later, its pretty much already started. And most TV's(at least on the better side) being produced are HD capable. And it doesnt have to be 1080p, the PS3 runs off of 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p. Pretty much ANY of those resolutions blow the 360 away. Technology moves very fast also, i dont think at all that blurays are ahead of there time. When Anything new comes out, it takes the time for the sales to build, dont you remember when VCR's came out?????? Bassically if You want to enjoy the best of something, your gonna spend the money to enjoy it. You cant knock that.

Oh, and i own a 65"1080 big screen, i wouldnt have it any other way. And about everyone else i know who has purchased a TV relatively lately also has one that is 1080 capable also.

Justin

xbox360 can run any of those resolutions you listed...

nice little graphics comparison here..
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

Dannys440
01-04-2007, 06:15 AM
I havnt played PS3 yet but i have been told for the price the 360 is the better value.You can get a 360 and a Wii for the price of the PS3! The way i look at it PS3 one game $800, 360 10 games $500.

IDK about you but I would get the 360, just for Halo3!

what is it with all this HD tv number stuff, i working like AARON here classic 21" tv, but I like my firends house at least he has a 42" tv.

jrspawn
01-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by yam450_53
xbox360 can run any of those resolutions you listed...

nice little graphics comparison here..
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

Well, thats kind of funny. Picking that game to compare is not apples to apples first off. It sucks on both systems graphics wise.

Another compairison for you also. The 360 system sells for 400, a ps3 sells for 500(add 100 more for 40 extra gb, and some other add on's) thats only 100 difference, doesnt equal 10 extra games there for the 360. Also the PS3 has a built in BluRay player, which to buy a bluray player outright, they range from 1000 to 2000 dollars, i think that makes up a 100 difference and some. The 360 is not in the same league as the PS3 as a complete system. From someone that Has Had/Have both systems, the 360 does not compare. The 360 is a great system, dont get me wrong, but the PS3 is the next step.

Yes, not everyone is going to spend this much money on a gaming system, but for those that did, want to, and have the money too, more power then. You cant knock someone for having the top of the line entertainment systems. Kind of like telling someone they are stupid for spending thousands to have a full race quad:huh

Justin

Toadz400
01-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by pilfered
HD DVD wil lwin out. I can just about guarantee that. bluray may be better but it is too ahead of its time. who in the hell owns a 1080P tv anyway. I only know one person really. Blueray reminds me ALOT like laserdisc and we all know how that went

You do know that almost all the big screen TV's out there now are 1080p? Almost everyone I know that has a TV bought within the past year or so has 1080p capabilities (and no, I don't live in a rich neighborhood..I actually live in the middle of the woods).

As for 360 vs PS3, in the end the PlayStation is going to be the best buy. If you were to set the 360 up to be close (can never be the same) to the PS3 it would cost you $100 more.

Xbox360 console - $400
HD DVD player add-on - $200
Wireless internet adapter - $100
Grand total = $700

PlayStation 3 console - $600
Grand total = $600

Plus the PlayStation 3 is backwards compatible with about 99% (Sony is working on a software update to fix that small percentage) of the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games. What about Xbox360? At our Target we have a list of the games you CAN play on the 360 from the Xbox, it's a horribly small list.

As for problems, both of them have extreme overheating problems and both need aftermarket cooling fans.

It is true that right now the games look better for the 360 but that's because it's going to take a few years for the game programmers to actually be able to take advantage of the PS3's processor. It's the same case as the PS2, all the games looked like crap that came out for it right away and a few years later the games looked better and better.

My personal opinion....go with a Wii. $250 and a lot more fun to play than both those expensive consoles put together. And no, I haven't thrown my remote through the TV screen, I've learned to hang onto my controller ;) .

WhiteYFZ
01-04-2007, 10:19 AM
i have the wii, 360 and ps3.. ps3 is deff the best.. and i would say that wii is awesome just because its so different and fun..

Mean250r
01-04-2007, 02:08 PM
if your gunna play lice go with the 360, the online community on 360 is so sweet, u can buy movies and tv shows off the market place. i love my 360

jrspawn
01-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Sony also has the market place for its PS3. You can download alot of things on there. Ive already downloaded 5 games or more, free.

Justin

fasterblaster09
01-05-2007, 09:35 AM
what exactly is blueray?

Toadz400
01-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Blu-ray is Sony's answer to High Definition, except better. A Blu-ray player usually goes for around $1000, so you're saving money right there by buying a PS3.

As for online play, PS3's is free whereas you pay for 360...

predator dad
01-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Why does it take at least an hour to download a demo game on Sony's marketplace? XBOX 360 only takes about 5 or 10 minutes for a demo game.

jrspawn
01-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by predator dad
Why does it take at least an hour to download a demo game on Sony's marketplace? XBOX 360 only takes about 5 or 10 minutes for a demo game.

:huh You've got something up with your connection or settings then. Most games only take me around 15-20 min. max to download for the PS3 off the marketplace.

Justin

Tater049
01-07-2007, 09:01 AM
definetly i would take the 360

#1- I personally own both, and I think the 360 is better.

#2- Obviosuly the 360 is cheaper.

In my opinion, 360

Toadz400
01-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Tater049
definetly i would take the 360

#1- I personally own both, and I think the 360 is better.

#2- Obviosuly the 360 is cheaper.

In my opinion, 360

Tell us why you think the 360 is better? And obviously the 360 is cheaper, but you're getting less of a product for the price.

Warnerade
01-07-2007, 06:52 PM
I personally own both and have a 720p TV...the pS3 is setup with HDMI cables...

The graphics look about the same, both are incredible for gaming. I play my xbox more just because of rainbow 6 and gears of war...I have resistance for the ps3 and the game is good, its just too damn long.

Give the ps3 a year or so and you will see it pull away from the 360, I have no doubt in my mind. Just killzone 2 and motorstorm alone are going to be amazing games...Killzones graphics are supposed to be up to par, if not better than the graphics they show in the trailer...and usually its the other way around.

I like both, and will continue to play both..and will someday get a Wii when I move out with the old lady so she has something to play.

jrspawn
01-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Nacsracer, have you downloaded gran turismo hd yet and tried it out. The graphics will blow you away, its crazy.

Justin

Warnerade
01-07-2007, 07:12 PM
no I havent downloaded any games on it yet, I have only downloaded splinter cell D.A. on my 360..

I am waiting for Fonza motorsports or whatever its called for the 360...It comes out in another month or so....the trailer for that game on xbox live is ridiculous...

fofity
01-07-2007, 10:46 PM
i say get the 360 i constantly read how terrible the ps3 is and not to mention the 360 is getting an upgrade soon HDMI, 120gb hdd, 65nm processor(smaller power brick,less power and quieter) and microsoft is introducing later this year IPTV to watch and download tv shows right from your xbox. also many of the ps3 exclusives are suppose to be coming to the 360 because the lack of ps3's out there. and have fun with the HD stuff with the PS3 because games that are 720p native can only be shown in 720p or 480p; there is no scaling up to 1080p or 1080i. This causes people with older HDTVs to have issues with the available resolutions, and keeps them from playing the games in anything but 480p considering the ps3 doesn't have a scaling chip ( something the 360 does have).check out Gears of war if you're worried about graphics you can easily see it's visually better than resistance, and don't compare live to what the ps3 offers, it may be free but has nothing on live.

just a few links to the constant disappointments that is the PS3.
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25247543

360 vs ps3 HD video of the graphics in call of duty 3
http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_callofduty3_comparison_gt_h264.wmv

jrspawn
01-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Well to each, their own i guess.

I could come back with, all i hear is terrible reports on bias forums about the 360. This war could go on and on.

As for the 360 upgrade, how much is this going to cost? I doubt free, that means 360 owners witll spending just as much as the "over priced" ps3:eek2: And is xbox's online download/online gaming free like the ps3???

VF5, will be going to other systems other than sony, does this mean that all the sony exclusives are switching, No.

And about the resolution thing. There ARE games that are made and play in 1080, heck you can dowload them for Free from sony's online system. There are online a handfull of games for the ps3, and they are only using a fraction of the ps3's power, hence most games that were out on the launch were not sony exclusives and the software companies did not make them to 1080 specs, just 720. There are no "issues" with it scaling to 480p on older HD tv's either, it automatically siwtches over, not an issue.

And thats great you can compare games from a system thats been out over a year or so now, to a system thats brand new. Give the ps3 a year and you can really compare.

And like ive stated before, take the time and play gran turismo hd on the PS3, i think youll be taking back some of the graphics comments you made, nothing compares!

Justin

Toadz400
01-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Well to each, their own i guess.

I could come back with, all i hear is terrible reports on bias forums about the 360. This war could go on and on.

As for the 360 upgrade, how much is this going to cost? I doubt free, that means 360 owners witll spending just as much as the "over priced" ps3:eek2: And is xbox's online download/online gaming free like the ps3???

VF5, will be going to other systems other than sony, does this mean that all the sony exclusives are switching, No.

And about the resolution thing. There ARE games that are made and play in 1080, heck you can dowload them for Free from sony's online system. There are online a handfull of games for the ps3, and they are only using a fraction of the ps3's power, hence most games that were out on the launch were not sony exclusives and the software companies did not make them to 1080 specs, just 720. There are no "issues" with it scaling to 480p on older HD tv's either, it automatically siwtches over, not an issue.

And thats great you can compare games from a system thats been out over a year or so now, to a system thats brand new. Give the ps3 a year and you can really compare.

And like ive stated before, take the time and play gran turismo hd on the PS3, i think youll be taking back some of the graphics comments you made, nothing compares!

Justin

Thank you.

jrspawn
01-08-2007, 07:42 AM
No problem. I just cant stand it when people dont even compare apples to apples. And they dont even own a PS3 or better yet, probably havent even played one.

On another note i read that X box's "upgrade" is looking to be a whole nother system, i believe they said the codename they are calling it is zephyr, or something like that. Its not confirmed, but thats whats released as of now. That would be great fo all millions of x box owners, to have to buy another system, just to have an hdmi port, and more hard drive which they will never use...

Justin

Warnerade
01-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Ill definately be bypassing that upgrade:o

01-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
Ill definately be bypassing that upgrade:o me too

JForestZ34
02-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
You do know that almost all the big screen TV's out there now are 1080p? Almost everyone I know that has a TV bought within the past year or so has 1080p capabilities (and no, I don't live in a rich neighborhood..I actually live in the middle of the woods).

As for 360 vs PS3, in the end the PlayStation is going to be the best buy. If you were to set the 360 up to be close (can never be the same) to the PS3 it would cost you $100 more.

Xbox360 console - $400
HD DVD player add-on - $200
Wireless internet adapter - $100
Grand total = $700

PlayStation 3 console - $600
Grand total = $600

Plus the PlayStation 3 is backwards compatible with about 99% (Sony is working on a software update to fix that small percentage) of the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games. What about Xbox360? At our Target we have a list of the games you CAN play on the 360 from the Xbox, it's a horribly small list.

As for problems, both of them have extreme overheating problems and both need aftermarket cooling fans.

It is true that right now the games look better for the 360 but that's because it's going to take a few years for the game programmers to actually be able to take advantage of the PS3's processor. It's the same case as the PS2, all the games looked like crap that came out for it right away and a few years later the games looked better and better.

My personal opinion....go with a Wii. $250 and a lot more fun to play than both those expensive consoles put together. And no, I haven't thrown my remote through the TV screen, I've learned to hang onto my controller ;) .

The 1080p TV's just started coming out about 4 to 6 months ago. The networks are not even going to be broadcasting in 1080p for about another year. And as for the blue ray sony can keep that over-priced piece of crap. I could care less about HD anyaway.

James

Vade
02-12-2007, 01:11 AM
360 has better graphics witch has been proven a lot of times already better online play & community and better shooters ps3 controller cant touch xbox's in a shooter and has rumble which ps3 doesn't have imo forza was way better then gt 4

rbgnwa45
02-12-2007, 06:01 AM
The 360's will scratch your disks if you move them while it's on, I've already f'd-up three. Gears of war was repetitive and somewhat short, but it's worth playing just for that chain-saw and the hammer of dawn. It's also worth buying the 360 just for halo 3. It's a tough decision, kind of like the yfz/trx, both are sweet, and more than I can afford.

JForestZ34
02-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
The 360's will scratch your disks if you move them while it's on, I've already f'd-up three. Gears of war was repetitive and somewhat short, but it's worth playing just for that chain-saw and the hammer of dawn. It's also worth buying the 360 just for halo 3. It's a tough decision, kind of like the yfz/trx, both are sweet, and more than I can afford.

Well if you move it while it's one of course it will scratch the disk. The same thing will happen if you tried to mve your dvd player while it's on.

James

rbgnwa45
02-12-2007, 08:03 AM
That's because it isn't holding the disk with clips, right? Someone @ microsoft f'd up! My ounce-weighing slim-PS2 has clips and I can shake it all day and it won't do chit. Any console is going to be moved. I kick mine around everyday on my floor. I've had my PS2 since Christmas '01 (I have two), with the same memory card & controller. Out of anybody I know I have the oldest controller/card, so I find it very reliable, and I have dropped them numerous times. I just find the 360 extremely lacking just because it f'd up my friends' disks...Microschit should give him a refund or something, he bought a console to play games, not for it to scratch the chit oughta his disks. And when I say I moved the console/it scratched, all I did was set it from a standing to a flat position on the floor, with no sudden bumps etc. I did this once, and it took a perfectly new game from blockbuster and now it won't even read the disk. It's a great console, it's just too bad I didn't read the damn instructions (isn't my 360 anyways).

02-12-2007, 11:41 AM
buy games at walmart. they exchange them out no questions asked :D