PDA

View Full Version : What 450 quad to use for MX and SuperMoto

pumafliff
01-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi, new member and first post in this forum.

I have been hanging around for quite a while on other atv-forums, but since they are mostly branded like YFZ-central, LTR -central or TRX450 it is hard to ask a multibrand question in those sites. I also found no good place in this forum to ask general questions about different brands, so I tried the open forum.

My Q is regarding the 450 quads, YFZ, LTR and TRX. I have recently sold my Raptor because it was hard to handle on the MX track. For season 2007 I would go for a 450, but I just dont know what bike. I will use the bike for MX mainly, but also for supermoto. I am a budget racer which means the bikes will all be stock at least to begin with.
The biggest visual difference is of course that the LTR is wider... how much is that worth? How about stock suspension on these bikes? I have heard that LTR has best, YFZ second best and TRX third place. True or false? How about engine? any of the bikes more relaiable than the other. Im planning to keeping this bike for a long time... so what in your opinion gives me most bike for the money. I know this is a terrible question, but I have spent houndred of hours comparings specs and reading about this bike just to help me choose. Maybe the bikes are so much the same that it comes down to design in the end...

juanki
01-02-2007, 03:52 PM
if you are going to leave it stock for a while go with the ltr, that is the best quad for the money.

now also you might wait and see how the KTM quad will be like, also could be a good choice.