PDA

View Full Version : Red Rooster300 Or anyone else who knows about 300s

10-19-2001, 05:40 PM
how do you remove the choke plate from a 300ex and how much of a power increase are we talking about?

DEAL
10-19-2001, 05:45 PM
I did it .. you are supose to remove the plate and move the clip down one position .. after i did this mod my quad became slower... ran like a pos ... truly not worth the time.

Red Rooster
10-20-2001, 04:16 PM
Ok, 1st take the carb off 2nd close the buterfly (put the choke on). 3rd take a NEW, or very good screw driver that is the right size for the two screws thet hold the plate on the rod and remove them and the plate. 4th pop the little black cover that covers the end of the rod(left side if you are sitting on the quad). 5th remove the rod (you may have to file the fod smooth where the plate screws on) DO NOT let steel shavings go into the carb! 6th put that little black cover back on. You r done! I hope that this don't sond complicated. It is very easy to do. I put a one size larger main jet in. It did give more power. You must jet it correctly. I cannot tel you what to jet it at. you must listen to the enging and read the plug. You may have to change the pilot jet or needle.

moto93
10-20-2001, 05:42 PM
Isn't it a pain starting your quad with the choke removed? I can't believe there's any noticeable performance gain by doing this.

Red Rooster
10-20-2001, 06:20 PM
With the stock accelerator pump Just pump the throttle 5-7 times. Works realy good.;)

quadfamily
10-21-2001, 07:20 PM
You don't even have to pump the throttle, just get a pilot jet 2 sizes bigger than stock. You will definately have to go up on the main jet also. Once re-jetted there is a nice, defiinately noticeable power increase. It will rev alot quicker. Definately worth trying. Redrooster300's instructions are great. The only way it may be slower (like freestyleExrider said) is if you don't re-jet. There is a significant increase in airflow to the engine.