PDA

View Full Version : just won off of ebay. Now I have a question

tim colston
01-02-2007, 06:39 AM
I just won this off of ebay and was wondering what I will need to get this set up on my 400. I don't have much info on it but I payed next to nothing and was needing your opinons.

Eviltanker
01-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Looks like you will need an aftermarket filler setup? or just aftermarket filler top and cap. Sorry can't think of the proper term for the filler thing. Not sure if thats IMS or Clark.

Honda#4
01-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Thats a IMS tank and the setup you have is called a dry bank system, that setup is for really long races where you have to fill up alot, like the BAJA 1000. Look at JL ATV they might have just the system I don't really know for sure.

BigFish
01-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Honda#4
Thats a IMS tank and the setup you have is called a dry bank system, that setup is for really long races where you have to fill up alot, like the BAJA 1000. Look at JL ATV they might have just the system I don't really know for sure.

Its a dry break.

You got it cheap because the dry break reciever is around $200 and the tank is worthless w/o it. IMS does make a dry break conversion (screw on) for a lil over $60.

Honda#4
01-02-2007, 03:47 PM
thats what I meant, dam computers. I personally have the cap type not the dry break, I would rather buy the cap type cus the other way it's such a problem.

xben719
01-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I was going to bid on that tank until i saw it was missing that dry break. Man I knew it was going to be a pain in the but to find one. But let us know how it goes for future reference.