PDA

View Full Version : power

z400quadmaster
01-01-2007, 07:08 PM
got my ltr a week ago love this thing best quad i ever bought thus far. Just wanting more power dont have the money for a full exhaust yet gonna go wit dasa when i do though but for now i was just gonna take the baffle out the lid off and a cherry bomb. My only question does it really make a difference or not do they sound like **** after the baffle is out or not and how hard is that to do. I hear people sayin all the time u gotta grind this and that to get it out and if thats the case is it really worth the hassle of gettin more power under the plastic cause im not gonna lie i think they sound like crap wit the baffle. And does it lean them out to much or not. So thanks for the advice.

HiperEX
01-01-2007, 08:37 PM
they sound good with the baffle out and airbox lid off my buddy had a yoshi rs5 slip on and mine with baffle out sounded louder then the yoshi if not real close in sound but now i got a rossier system and it really grunts when you crack the throttle

but with baffle out, airbox lid off and cherrybomb is the best 40$ you can spend with this quad for good hp gain

csimp3
01-01-2007, 11:56 PM
to get the baffle out, there are 4 bolts that hold the exhaust endcap on, take those off, then you will see 2 more bolts that hold the balle on, take those off, the baffle slides out, and put the end cap back on, i alos removed 1 screw from the plastic heat shield between the taillight and the pipe and swiveled the plastic piece out of the way to make it easier to get to the top bolt for the end cap, and as far as the power goes for the airbox lid and baffle being removed with a cherry bomb, its a huge difference, feels like a different quad, especially for $40, and sounds pretty good too

jason14x
01-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Hey What the heck good does a loud quad do?

ANSWER : NO good !

Noise does not equalpower

The reason a lot of places are getting shut down is because of noise. Get yourself a Yoshi or Dasa or whatever system you want but get the best perfroming "quiet" system you can.

Look at it this way , would you rather have a little quieter quad and a place to ride or would you rather have a noisier quad and no place to ride ?

Jason

z400quadmaster
01-02-2007, 10:29 AM
thanks for the answers and yeah i know noise aint every thing but i live in the country onna farm and really i cant piss anymore people off than my buddy wit his yfz witha tc on. So i think im gonna go ahead and do that and c what i think tanks again peace out.

jason14x
01-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Ok as long as your out in nowhere!!! Be smart be safe and have fun!!!

Jason

duner911
01-13-2007, 09:58 AM
the loudness of the exhaust does affect power... if you put a quiet insert into a dasa pipe you will lose at least 1 hp. and if you keep the stock exhaust with the cork in it you will lost more then 1 hp

Quady
01-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Baffle out = less stalls = more ROAR!!!

"trust me" works good on dunes

jason14x
01-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Keep thinking loud is good....dont come whining when we get tossed out of the dunes too....

You loud knuckleheads drive me nuts.....biggest complaint about atv's, dirt bikes, etc noise! Yet someone always has to be loud and obnoxious...

sorry guys but Im sick of seeing noise posts with people whining about "I want a loud this or that " or " my loud pipe sounds so cool" .

Times are changing change with them or get ready to be chased out of everywhere you like to ride.......

duner911
01-15-2007, 01:24 AM
i did not say that i like loud i was just replying to what the person said above me said about power and i was just saying that it was untrue.... but believe me i live in AZ and they are closing a lot of riding areas but it is call the NO Dust policy and it sucks.... so dont be giving me a hard time about being a person that only cares about a loud quad.. because i am not

jason14x
01-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Duner wasnt really directed towards anyone . Just a general statement . I am aware of the dust complaint too...in Arizona I imagine being so dry thats almost as big an issue as noise.

Noise and dust are the 2 biggest problems , I just hate to see some of the silly posts, we gotta do whats best to make sure we can enjoy our toys .