PDA

View Full Version : my ex is boggin...help

440exnacsracer
09-20-2002, 08:57 PM
i know this one is going to be a hard one to answer, but just try to help a fellow ex'er! heres what shes doin.... when i first crank her up, i let it warm up for a few, then ride. at first, its normal, but after about 30 seconds it start bogging BAD at about 1/2 throttle. ive re- adjusted the valve, replaced the spark plug, and drained the carb. my carb specs are below, but it ran fine yesterday with the same jetting. i thought i may have trash in my main jet area. any experience with such problem or have the answer? thanks for anything. lata
Ben

440exnacsracer
09-20-2002, 09:00 PM
one more important thing... my spark plugs are comin out black with alot of carbon build-up after only about an hour. i dont think thats good.:(

atvmbaca
09-20-2002, 09:27 PM
sounds like it is running rich if the spark plug is black this is my opinion

BornOnFire
09-20-2002, 10:03 PM
You may want to check to see if the throttle arm screws have become detached from the throttle valve. That happened to me once and I had the same symptoms that you are experiencing.

09-21-2002, 05:59 AM
did it all of a sudden start to bog or did u change somethin out and it started?

BornOnFire
09-22-2002, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I was riding full throttle one day and it starting bogging like you turned a switch or something. It idled fine but if I gave it throttle, it would bog down. It wouldnt stall, just bog. Took me forever to figure that one out!

R-Crazy
09-22-2002, 08:30 AM
that happened to me one day. my main jet cam out:eek: didnt make it tight enough. i was so pissed off that day.

dave

DantheEXman
09-22-2002, 09:33 AM
Yeah, my friends did that yesterday. Im pretty sure that if you take out the 17mm drain plug at the bottom of your carb, that the main jet will be sitting in there rattling around.:D

440exnacsracer
09-22-2002, 08:23 PM
i checked the main jet and everything else, and i was ignoring the fact that it was a possibility it WAS running rich. i have 8 holes in my airbox, but decided to take it off anyway. she ran like a scalded monkey! it makes a wicked noise now coming from the air box when i rev it, i guess its just sucking the air in. oh ya, one more thing.... for all you hmf owners, if you havnt tried this, take off your endcap and run it for a little while.. i think youll like it..i do! lata and thanks for all your replies
Ben