PDA

View Full Version : Why wont Honda sponsor?

rollie
01-01-2007, 05:10 PM
I just read that Honda dropped all the dirt track and GNCC support, whats there problem? everyone else is getting really involved, is this part of hondas plan or what?

Mxjunkie
01-01-2007, 05:39 PM
I belive this is Hondas idea of marketing because they allways seem to do this and people talk about etc spread the word then Honda comes back with it..

trx400exxracer
01-01-2007, 05:47 PM
I have always wondered Honda isn't as active in motor sports as all of the other companies!!! I think since they lost Ricky Carmichael they have slowly went downhill.

If they don't jump on the train I think Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Polaris will blow them away on the support program!!! :D

outlaw450r
01-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by rollie
I just read that Honda dropped all the dirt track and GNCC support, whats there problem? everyone else is getting really involved, is this part of hondas plan or what?
Where did you read this, just wondering?

bradley300
01-01-2007, 06:25 PM
because they dont need to sponsor anyone. honda's at the gncc's out number the yfz's 10 to 1, i cant imagine the EDT, GNC or WPSA being much different. they are blowing people away already, they dont NEED to try. as soon as yamaha starts selling more yfz's, honda will come back in.

rollie
01-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by outlaw450r
Where did you read this, just wondering? http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/kawasaki2007atvraceteamcontingency.html

jb500ex
01-01-2007, 06:38 PM
i have heard atleast three different reason's why they are sitting back this year.

96lapis coupe
01-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
i have heard atleast three different reason's why they are sitting back this year. Ok? What are they...

honduh440
01-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
because they dont need to sponsor anyone. honda's at the gncc's out number the yfz's 10 to 1, i cant imagine the EDT, GNC or WPSA being much different. they are blowing people away already, they dont NEED to try. as soon as yamaha starts selling more yfz's, honda will come back in.

krt400ex
01-01-2007, 06:54 PM

yupp that is wut i was gonna say. customer support and a quality product is all they need to keep going. honda knos they got an excellent fan base and a great product, so why spend the $$$ to promote a product when it can promote itself

outlaw450r
01-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Well I'm a Honda fan but come on they need to step up to the program. Chris Borich needs a factory deal. I only really pay attention to the gncc races and the 450r's do out number the other quads but how long will these great riders keep this up without support.

RaptorRacer45
01-02-2007, 05:25 AM
Well there "exxelent Fanbase" wont last long with Racers unless they show they acctually support there fans.......The only Reason there was so many Hondas in GNCC last year was the conteginecy (sp?) but now that thats gone theres gonna be alot more Blue, Yellow, and Green in 2007.......Honda dont know what it wants 2 do so it can just stay in 4th place:rolleyes:

01-02-2007, 07:26 AM
if honda dont change they will be 5th place as soon as KTM joins in...thats what im looking forward too :D

GE4x4
01-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Not many of the manufactors are paying contingency. What did Yamaha do last year for ATV, or Suzuki? Now Honda has joined them. So Kawi is the first to to offer money for ATV this year and I would expect Polaris to be right behind. I believe Kymco will also. But don't slam Honda to much, because most others are not doing it either for atv's.

smr
01-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
Not many of the manufactors are paying contingency. What did Yamaha do last year for ATV, or Suzuki?

What did yamaha or suzuki do....well let's see. Suzuki sponsored the series last year and Yamaha offered a $500.00 rebate to all GNCC racers. Just thought I would answer your question....:D

GE4x4
01-02-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm talking contingency for atv racers.

01-02-2007, 01:20 PM

Well, if that means Honda will have no factory riders doing R&D on their quads, Honda will soon enuf fix that little problem of having a quad that easily outsells all the other manufacturers.

SRH
01-02-2007, 02:31 PM
honda will sit back a year come in with a team next season if all goes well, with 1 maybe 2 guys , highly doubt much amateur support, and theyll win the championship thats how theyve always done things