PDA

View Full Version : how do i check my trans oil?

mikesbikes09
01-01-2007, 02:27 PM
title says it....

ricks450
01-01-2007, 02:37 PM
fill plug on right side of case 10mm bolt with phillips screw driver slots in it. take it out to see if oil comes out if it does it's full.:D

mikesbikes09
01-01-2007, 02:52 PM
humm u mean that rubber looking cap??? or what man im confused its an 06 btw

ricks450
01-01-2007, 03:00 PM
mine is the 05 but i doubt they change it. it should be located to the left side a little lower then the trans filler cap.

lumi
01-01-2007, 03:09 PM
they changed it..... the drain for the 06 is right next to the shifter lever on the left side.... its on top of the case serial number.

take the black plastic fill cap off the right side of the quad and than remove the bolt on the left side next to the shift lever....

also there a check bolt right next to the clutch basket and the awater pump on the right side of the quad..... remove this bolt also....

after tranny is empty.. reinstall drain bolt on the shift lever and measure the correct amount of fluid to spec in woner manual i would recommened a measruing cup.... or u can fill until the tranny fluid begins to drip or flow out of the check bolt once this happens re-install the check bolt and close the fill cap.

run the quad for about 5 minutes.... let it settle for 2 minutes and remove the fill cap and check bolt and see if any fluid comes out.... if non add more until fluid comes out... if it does flow ur good to go.

hope this helped

-lumi

ricks450
01-01-2007, 03:17 PM
did not know that. they must have changed several things. glad you came thow hes probably what the hell is he talking about:D

wanta450
01-01-2007, 03:53 PM
i think he just wanted to check it not drain it and change it

Originally posted by lumi
they changed it..... the drain for the 06 is right next to the shifter lever on the left side.... its on top of the case serial number.

take the black plastic fill cap off the right side of the quad and than remove the bolt on the left side next to the shift lever....

also there a check bolt right next to the clutch basket and the awater pump on the right side of the quad..... remove this bolt also....

after tranny is empty.. reinstall drain bolt on the shift lever and measure the correct amount of fluid to spec in woner manual i would recommened a measruing cup.... or u can fill until the tranny fluid begins to drip or flow out of the check bolt once this happens re-install the check bolt and close the fill cap.

run the quad for about 5 minutes.... let it settle for 2 minutes and remove the fill cap and check bolt and see if any fluid comes out.... if non add more until fluid comes out... if it does flow ur good to go.

hope this helped

-lumi

Sjorge450R
01-01-2007, 04:33 PM
wait, so on the 06/07 R's the tranny drain bolts on the left side of the motor?? I did not know that.

lumi
01-01-2007, 04:36 PM
yea the drain is on the left side of the motor now.... for 06/07

anyways the whole thing was for further reference....

good luck

-lumi

mikesbikes09
01-02-2007, 12:27 AM
thanks alot one more question,how do i replace my sight glass?

Sjorge450R
01-02-2007, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by mikesbikes09
thanks alot one more question,how do i replace my sight glass?

buy a new cover....