PDA

View Full Version : Please Say a Prayer

JRP
01-01-2007, 01:03 PM
This is from my friend Madison. He crashed at the winter series down in FL yesterday, this is what he sent me.

I got an 07 CRF250R for xmas, and an ipod! SICK!

I entered in 125C, and 125 Open, which is for B and C riders. So i had some pretty tough competition. In my 125 Div 1 Qualifier, I got a second place start, and passed for the lead on the last lap. And won! I was definitly faster then the winner, but i ust had to get around him. In 125 Open Div 2, I got a great start, and rode even faster then in the 125 C moto, and i ended up 9th. So i was in the last 2 motos for Sunday.

125 C was up first, and again i got an awesome start and was in second, again. I was about to pass for the lead, but i stalled it. I was so in the moment that i couldnt get my bike restarted by the time the leader was 3/4's the way around the track infront of me, about to lap me. I got going and rode fast, and finished 31st. IN 125 Open, I got a really great start, and i tried to rfide as fast as i could, but i goofed up the last corner and got passed, so i finished up 20th. The last 125 C race, i knew i could win it, but it was going to be tough with a 31st gate pick. I got off to a great start, and was in about 7th. I worked my way to prolly about 5th or 6th. but then i got into some breakaing bumps and kinda got kicked side to side and wrecked, not bad, but enough that i was in last again. I was coming through the pack it was the last lap, and then this kid rolled a little step up double infront of me, and i had to go off the face crooked inorder to miss him, but i didnt have enough speed to make the jump. Back tire hit the top, and i flipped over and got a handle bar through my chest protector into my chest. I was down bad. I didnt get knocked out, but i could barely breathe and i was in alot of pain. The medics took me off the track, and tried to put me on a backboard, but i couldnt breathe, so they trasported me to the hospital with my IV in, sitting up. When i got to the hospital, the took chest xrays and stuff. I had a 50% collapsed lung. I had to go into surgery, awake. they put a rod inbetween my ribs which hurt alot, even though i was on alot of medication, but i was awake for the whole thing. I was the best person they have seen in 18 years go through getting a 'chest tube.' Its there to drain out the air out of my chest, because of my collapsed lung. So now i am sitting here, in the hospital bed with morphene on one side and a tube coming out of my chest on the other. Looks like i might be here for a while. The earliest i can get out is Tuesday morning, but i dont think thats happening, because my lung is inflated again, but not all the air is out of my chest. What a way to start off the new year, lol.

Spread the word if you want jordan, looks like i might behere awhile.

Honda TRX250ex
01-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Hes in my prayers pepper

orca0294
01-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Hope he hangs in there and gets out quick..its good to hear he didn't hit the kid he was sacrificing himself for too.

reconmaster
01-01-2007, 01:28 PM
sorry to hear yur friend will hopefully pull through and race again and as i told my docotrs when i crashed while i heal fast not just because i am young but because i was in good shape because of racing

01-01-2007, 01:34 PM
wow i hope he gets better

csimp3
01-01-2007, 01:34 PM
wow, thats a bummer, and sounds vary painful, but it does seem like he is a positive person, hope he pulls through quickly

JRP
01-01-2007, 01:38 PM
thanks everyone! I talked to him today, hes in a good mood. Oh and this will NOT stop him, he is to determined. He trains soo hard. Hes only been racing 1 full year and next season they are probably going to make him move up to B.:devil: Oh and he is 16yrs old.

WhiteYFZ
01-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
Hes in my prayers pepper

Villageidiott23
01-02-2007, 07:06 AM
ur boys gonna be fine. you know how i know that. he threw in the little haha at the end always a good sign.

krt400ex
01-02-2007, 08:07 AM
im prayin

krt400ex
01-02-2007, 08:07 AM
im prayin

JRP
01-02-2007, 08:58 AM
thanks everyone for the prayers. He called me late last night and told me that he might actually get out of the hospital today! He said he got the footage of the crash and couldnt wait to show me when he got home:p So hes in all good spirits and hopefully everything will be smooth on his trip home, it just sucks its a 14hr trip:( But im sure he will do fine, thanks again everyone!

400exc
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Man that sucks... its a terrible way to start off the year. Hes in my prayers.

Doober
01-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Dang dude, i hope everything works out for him...hes in my prayers

AbnMP13
01-02-2007, 06:27 PM
He sounds hardcore, all of that happened and he took the time to send an email?

WOW!

AtvMxRider
01-02-2007, 07:23 PM
:(

JRP
01-03-2007, 08:49 AM
thanks everyone, i talked to him again today and he also found out his right shoulder is chipped too. He said he probably wont get out of the hospital till friday or saturday. He said he will prob be out of school for a week or so, he just cannot wait to get to be able to ride again!:blah:

JRP
thanks everyone, i talked to him again today and he also found out his right shoulder is chipped too. He said he probably wont get out of the hospital till friday or saturday. He said he will prob be out of school for a week or so, he just cannot wait to get to be able to ride again!:blah:

JRP