PDA

View Full Version : 450r running problems HELP!

justin41414
01-01-2007, 09:15 AM
i recently got my motor rebuilt and its been 2 weeks since i put it in and have been riding it and so i was riding the other day and it started bogging and shuting down and the trans and engine oil are fine, has enough coolant i dont know what it could be i checked some of the electrical all the jets are clean when i start it up it just bogs and bogs when im on the gas, it only runs on choke and when i gas it, it bogs and when i turn the choke off it cuts out. i was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions ???

JW450R1
01-01-2007, 09:22 AM
i was done to it for the rebuild.
does it have fresh gas
sounds like maybe carb.and fuel issue

justin41414
01-01-2007, 09:59 AM
no it wasnt doing it before it was rebuilt and i took the bowl apart and checked all the jets nothing

ricks450
01-01-2007, 02:05 PM
make sure your tank is venting good, take you fuel hose off and turn fuel on to see if its getting a good fuel flow. if it is hook fuel hose back up. then take bowl cap off and see if it getting good flow there, your float needle might be sticking or have a peice of trash in it. good starting point. if your jets are fine it could have got past them and clog in carb it self. have you taking it completly apart and cleaned with carb cleaner and blown it out with compressed air? if not try that. i know this is crazy but i cleaned my air filter one time and stuffed a rag in intake boot so it wouldnt get anything in the motor and i forgot about it and put it back together and tried to go riding and it was doing the samething yours is doing. finally i remembered took it out and it ran fine (lol) :D

700bRad
01-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Did you check the plug? Probably fouled it.

lumi
01-01-2007, 03:13 PM
sounds like a jetting issue or a safety switch making ur engine cut out.

-lumi