PDA

View Full Version : Kuwait Deployment Pics. Enjoy!!!

wicked13
01-01-2007, 05:45 AM
New Years in Kuwait. I just wanted to share a few pictures taken around town over the last week. I deployed last July and hope to be home in February. I hope everyone had a great new year. Enjoy these random pictures...
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/wicked13quad/100_4249.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/wicked13quad/100_4210.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/wicked13quad/100_4285.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/wicked13quad/100_4260.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p111/wicked13quad/100_4250.jpg

Pappy
01-01-2007, 07:19 AM
Looks different thgen what they show us on TV, where is all the smoke and gunfire;)

Be safe, and happy new year!

thump4863
01-01-2007, 09:37 AM
where are you stationed at? My dad was sent over for the 2nd time this year 3 weeks ago. Hes at airfjan. He spent 5 months over there already this year.

honda350r
01-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Looks different thgen what they show us on TV, where is all the smoke and gunfire;)

Be safe, and happy new year!

Those are picture of Kuwait not Iraq

Pappy
01-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
Those are picture of Kuwait not Iraq

You forget about 90 and 91:p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1115000/images/_1119034_5kuwait300.jpg

killerofcrows48
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
wtf theres a cow!

F-16Guy
01-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Fire? Check. Meat? Check. Now we just need some BBQ sauce and beer.

AbnMP13
01-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I was in the first Gulf War Sep 1990 to Mar 1991, then was sent back to Afghanistan April 2004 to April 2005. I hope to retire before I have to go back but who knows these days. I was deployed from Okinawa, Japan the second time and noone ever deploys from there.

LTZ400rider
01-01-2007, 08:00 PM
thats that last pic of? actually looks awesome except the first pic

LTZ400rider
01-01-2007, 08:01 PM
that last pic is cool, wat r those things

wicked13
01-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Let me clear it all up. I was also here during the first gulf war. I was assigned to a SOCOM unit and flew on MH-53's that were positioned for downed pilot recovery. Now I am assigned to a very small unit at Camp Patriot. I have been to Camp Arifjan several times along with a handfull of other camps. I travel a lot to include Iraq. The blue and white mushroom looking things are water towers. I love taking pictures and want to take home something you don't see on TV, but I have those pictures too. Kuwait is a beautiful city, but still shows scars from the first war.

I am an SF Instructor at Lackland AFB and I shouldn't deploy either, but I volunteered. I think a good instructor should practice what he preaches and add real life experience to his teachings. Besides, it keeps me current and sharp. It's cool to see all the reaction from these pictures and hear from other military on here. Any requests for pictures just ask.

wicked13
01-01-2007, 11:22 PM
I was also here during the first gulf war. I was assigned to a SOCOM unit and flew on MH-53's that were positioned for downed pilot recovery. Now I am assigned to a very small unit at Camp Patriot. I have been to Camp Arifjan several times along with a handfull of other camps. I travel a lot to include Iraq. The blue and white mushroom looking things are water towers. The needles have a resturant and observation deck as seen on the largest sphere. Kuwait is a beautiful city, but still shows scars from the first war.

I am an SF Instructor at Lackland AFB and I shouldn't deploy either, but I volunteered. I think a good instructor should practice what he preaches and add real life experience to his teachings. Besides, it keeps me current and sharp. It's cool to see all the reaction from these pictures and hear from other military on here. Any requests for pictures just ask.

AbnMP13
01-02-2007, 06:47 PM
SF instructor at Lackland? Not doubting you but never heard of SF school at Lackland, unless you're a medic. Which has got to be the case.

I knew a few SF guys at Torii Station, rode motorcycles with them. Went down to the box a couple of times to give OC pepper spray classes and had a blast.

Me being an MP I knew some of the SGM's better than I should, they are the ones I had to call at 0100 in the morning when someone got in trouble. I kept it down though, mostly let the unit handle the issue instead of putting them in the blotter. I figured the SGM's could get better results than doing all the paperwork and charging the Soldiers.

wicked13
01-03-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by AbnMP13
SF instructor at Lackland? Not doubting you but never heard of SF school at Lackland, unless you're a medic. Which has got to be the case.

I knew a few SF guys at Torii Station, rode motorcycles with them. Went down to the box a couple of times to give OC pepper spray classes and had a blast.

Me being an MP I knew some of the SGM's better than I should, they are the ones I had to call at 0100 in the morning when someone got in trouble. I kept it down though, mostly let the unit handle the issue instead of putting them in the blotter. I figured the SGM's could get better results than doing all the paperwork and charging the Soldiers.

It kinda sounds like your doubting me. lol. I am NOT a medic. Anyways, I work mostly on the annex on the other side of the highway. That's if you want to come by and say hello when I get back. Look for me at the ranges training newbees how to shoot. I also go to Camp Bullis for three weeks at a time during the training cycle.

Now, I have a question for you. Are you at Ft Sill? If so what's up with that place? I was there when I went through Combat Life Saver and thought that place was a dump! Then to top it off they took a picture of me and put it on the front page of the Lawton news paper. :mad:

AbnMP13
01-03-2007, 05:00 AM
By Medic I meant SF Medic and no I'm not doubting ya. I have no reason to.

Yes I'm at Sill and it's still somewhat of a dump, the only good thing is I'm finding new places to ride and have a descent amount of family time.

I got 16.5 years in so I'll drop my paperwork next year to stabilize me until my son graduates. He's been in six schools and that's alot IMO. I realize they'll send me to Korea as soon as I drop it but my wife has a good job and we own a house here.

The last round of BRAC decided to move 10k Soldiers from Bliss up here the housing market went thru the roof so we bought before the market shot up. Hopefully that wasn't a bad decision.