PDA

View Full Version : wrecked pred!

tldPREDATORboy
12-31-2006, 09:21 PM
well i was runing a track and went to hit a double and in the air my pred spit and spat then died.my froint end dived and wheeles locked up and i nose dived into the beagining of the next jump.

has anybody else had this problem.

PolarisRider06
01-01-2007, 09:02 PM
my friend did that on MY predator and broke his collarbone in 3 places. then i almost did it about a week after that. on mine the main problem was the jetting it was WAY off, its still way off but at least it doesnt cut going up jumps anymore and i'm gonna jet it a little better once i get new exhaust on it.

tldPREDATORboy
01-02-2007, 03:52 PM
my jets r dead on.does anybody else have ideas?

smokinwrench
01-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Twice I have hit jumps and hit the kill switch by accident. Nothing ever big enough to cause serious problems but scary non the less.

Puzzled
01-03-2007, 06:14 AM
There are many possibilities.

One sounds like a gas/carb issue:
1. Float incorrectly adjusted, as the bikes front end goes up there isn't enough fuel in the bowl. This could be duplicated by wheelieing.
2. The petcock is being starved for fuel by being either dirty or the gas moving away from it while airborne. *side note. This petcock is used in 200HP Hayabusa's so it will flow enough fuel. I'm using one and I'm putting 253HP to the pavement.

Two could be an electrical issue:
As the bike is airborne the suspension is in full extension, is anything being pulled by the suspension. Lift the bike up by its underbelly and allow the suspension to hang.

Just something to try/think about.

Puzzled
01-03-2007, 06:16 AM
Are you OK?

How bad is the bike?

tldPREDATORboy
01-03-2007, 06:37 PM
well.......i dislocated a shoulder(no big deal,done it before) and alot of scraps and stuff.i broke the froint bumper clean of the predator(just bought it)bent my pro tapers, broke my clutch leaver of, and bent my stering strem(it now rubs on my radiator.

so i bought a new stem(lonestar)all new leavers,new bars(pro tapers again)the quality on the pro taper bars are great.if it was stock bars they would have snapped and speared me in the leg.i got it on my phone.not good quality but if u listen u can here me swear a storm.it was fun to watch but suckyt in the long run.well stuff happens what can u do:mad: